File Uploading requirements and proceedure

jb135691

Hi, i'm new to this site and i was looking to maybe upload something eventually. Sorry if this was covered elsewhere and i missed it. I want to know what the rules are for uploading mod from other site, such as the Nexus. When the original author's permission has been given and he or she hasn't otherwise supported the mod in some time. If it is possible, could somebody please tell me exactly how i would go about uploading mods here. This would be a first for me.

If you have permissions or the author doesnt explicitly forbids the use of his/her files. Its allowed to post.

Really?

Well...

Depends on the individual modder's ethics.

This is more or less my personal take on 'implicit permissions', if the original modder doesn't have a permissions section in his mod page or he doesn't get back to me after a reasonable amount of time I'll release the files until otherwise stated to do so.

However, you MUST ALWAYS LINK AND GIVE CREDIT to the original author! explicit permission or implicit permission!

if you don't, that's just stealing/misleading people and will land you in trouble on any Mod Community.

Archived