Dark Souls II

Lovely Rose

Miss out what? 2 Estrus Shards and the boss weapons Ornifex can make? :P Most of those are really crap anyways.

I always kill the other 3, I just cant stand that area thats all. Besides, CM said he is a massive arachnophobic, thats why I told him that he can skip that boss. And passing through the Shrine with 1mil SM doesnt mean you cant go back to the skipped areas later :P at least you unlock new vendor stuff by entering the Castle.

@Badsector - The lamest part about Tseldora is the stupid mages who spam homing spirit arrows.  Everytime I go there to the vender, it follows me through the door.  Its so annoying....I've considered killing them over and over to prevent them from respawning rofl.

That, and I just hate the layout as it is :P

Dont use the npc summon from Freja, its useless and just makes the boss stronger. Get some Holy Water flask for crowd controlling the adds, bait the laser, run to her second head on the other side, hit once or twice. Rinse and repeat. Cant remember if the adds are affected by Alluring Skulls or Yearn, should affect anythig dead or hollow, not sure if those spiders are any of that.

I thought the summon was tanking pretty ok in NG+, I'm almost certain he didn't die either, although I seem to recall him being pretty close.  And seriously, unless I decided to do no bonfire/no death run (offline obviously), I wouldn't skip any area.  It just feels like I'm doing an incomplete run for no reason.

Yeah my problem so far was that I am a melee light roller character. And yeah, you guys are right, I summoned the area NPC and if I remember well, it was due to him that I died.

Haven't played in a few days, but I am gonna give it a shot later tonight. Thanks for the tips, everyone!

Honestly I can't get to this game. And if witcher 2 was bashed for lack of tutorial this game should burn in hell.

Adding to that on screen promps with xbox pad keys can be confusing if you don't use fucking xboxpad

You're going into a Souls game without a xbox controller?  You are even more of a masochist than the average DS player :P  Also, there is a tutorial, it's the first area, the various tombstones inside the caves tell you all the key combinations.  The Asylum in DS1 works in pretty much the same way, although that also had a friggin boss and it was a much more powerful tutorial, it actually taught you to run :P  I'm pretty sure witcher 2 had a tutorial, too.  

Not sure why people nowadays need a huge title spelling "TUTORIAL, NOOBS, PAY ATTENTION!" to actually try and learn the game.  For the record, MANY, MANY games in the 90s had no tutorial.  They had a manual with the keybindings.  We survived them and they were epic.

I just ragequit yesterday on my fourth playthrough after losing 200k souls xP Not much but they were from 2 bosses, so I got really pissed off.

Not sure why people nowadays need a huge title spelling "TUTORIAL, NOOBS, PAY ATTENTION!" to actually try and learn the game.  For the record, MANY, MANY games in the 90s had no tutorial.  They had a manual with the keybindings.  We survived them and they were epic.

"Moving allows you to go in many exciting directions" "Jump, if you wish to jump" "To look around ... look around"... Tutorials, yeah ...the first challenge for modern gamers nowadays is "How to skip the tutorial as fast as possible"....

No other tutorial ever summed it up as good as this, about how annoying they are ...

Honestly I can't get to this game. And if witcher 2 was bashed for lack of tutorial this game should burn in hell.

Adding to that on screen promps with xbox pad keys can be confusing if you don't use fucking xboxpad

If you enjoy tutorials then this game is not for you. Granted that the game does have a tutorial, it just doesn't hold your hand.

It is precisely that why most of us love Dark Souls. Because we are sick and tired of getting tutorials for things we already know. It's like playing Assassin's Creed 3, where half of the game is a tutorial and basically it becomes a "press x to win" sort of game.

Dark Souls is loved for the very reason that you hate it, the game does not hold your hand.

You're going into a Souls game without a xbox controller?  You are even more of a masochist than the average DS player :P  Also, there is a tutorial, it's the first area, the various tombstones inside the caves tell you all the key combinations.  The Asylum in DS1 works in pretty much the same way, although that also had a friggin boss and it was a much more powerful tutorial, it actually taught you to run :P  I'm pretty sure witcher 2 had a tutorial, too.  

I just ragequit yesterday on my fourth playthrough after losing 200k souls xP Not much but they were from 2 bosses, so I got really pissed off.

Yes, thing is that I need to check where this shitty yellow circle or other fucking button is blinded :P

Don't tell me that finding that tombs is so obvious :P

Yes, thing is that I need to check where this shitty yellow circle or other fucking button is blinded :P

Well, it IS missing the big shiny arrow over the tombstones, but other than that, it can't really get more obvious :P

The xbox prompts though are a bad port, even if the game plays much better with a controller.  They could have fixed that, but it's FROM, expecting a decent PC port from them isn't going to work, which is one of the reasons, among other things, that I'm not again preordering a DS game.  They passed the critical point of failure with this game so I can't stay loyal to the franchise.  It's still an enjoyable game, but they'll not be getting my money ever again that easily.

Well, it IS missing the big shiny arrow over the tombstones, but other than that, it can't really get more obvious :P

The xbox prompts though are a bad port, even if the game plays much better with a controller.  They could have fixed that, but it's FROM, expecting a decent PC port from them isn't going to work, which is one of the reasons, among other things, that I'm not again preordering a DS game.  They passed the critical point of failure with this game so I can't stay loyal to the franchise.  It's still an enjoyable game, but they'll not be getting my money ever again that easily.

I entered one and fall to fucking death so no, not so obvious :P

Beside that I already killed some motherfucking troll and some other stuff before I got to that tombs and even when I got there I didn't knew what it was and ignored it ;p

And probably I'm talking about something else :P

Sorcerers are so broken in this game, my pvp sorcerer at SL 126 can 2 shot someone in full havel's... And the blue flame, nobody expects my little weak ass sword to launch soul greatsword scaled at 67 intelligence.  :lol: Even if they survive, I just chase them down and poke them to death

Sorcerers are so broken in this game, my pvp sorcerer at SL 126 can 2 shot someone in full havel's... And the blue flame, nobody expects my little weak ass sword to launch soul greatsword scaled at 67 intelligence.  :lol: Even if they survive, I just chase them down and poke them to death

When you invade or when you get invaded? Easy to hit them in Havel's because they cant dodge, lighter invaders are really hard to hit, one black phantom dodged 4 of my Soul Spears in a row when I was a blue phantom, either I was lagging or he had his Adaptability up in the sky because I clearly hit him on my screen. Never had the chance to shoot one in the face with Geyser yet, should be harder to dodge :P but yes Soul Greatsword is one of the best spells, can easily hit both of the Throne Duo for 1k each with that bigass range.

Its not broken compared to Faith builds, my paladin like toon with Dragon Chime +5 clearly outdamages my mage with Staff of Wisdom +5 and I currently have 24 cast of Greater Lightning Spear. This is my only major complaint on coop, 4 out of 5 hosts/phantoms just spams Lightning Spear, seeing that gets really boring after awhile.

Just made it to Drangleic Castle. The combination of Gutter and Black Gulch reminded me of Blightown, but I managed to beat it with only one death through the two places. Boss was rather lackluster. Drangleic Castle looks like epic, though.

Guess i'll move on then, had seen it on steam which aroused my curiosity, but i'm not a fan of console controllers (hence PC gamer)

DKS2 is awesome, I'm playing it almost every day since release, completed game several times already for different characters. PVP system need some balance yet but overall game is very well made, netcode, co-op and stuff made way better than before and yeah no GFWL now. I hope they will move first DKS on steam too.

Archived