Dark Souls II

Lovely Rose

Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg

Anyone getting it?

Opinions so far?

I think it comes out 3/11

I WAS thinking of getting it, but eh. I don't know yet, i didn't care to much for dark souls I (specially how it ended) XD

So far i heard there is only going to be 6 characters to choose from.

That when you die and become undead, you lose chunks of health, instead of a major percentage.

And that its going to be harder and just as confusing XD

Well, seeing as Dark Souls was receiving a number of patches before the final patch, and seeing how I'm really skeptical about the whole invasion revamp, I'll probably wait regardless.  I was going wait anyway, since I generally don't buy games full-price but in DS2's case, I'll wait a bit more till it gets enough patches and there's enough content online to make an informed call.  Needless to say, I was not at all fond of DS's PvP, but the PvE aspect was addicting enough to waste over 200 hours on it.

Dark Souls 2 For Life!!!!

I'm a huge hardcore fan of Dark Souls, probably the best game to come out in a long while. The PVP and PVE are just so enjoyable.

That being said, if From Software decides to pull the 'PC Port' stuff again and decide to limit the FPS to 30 again....

Blood will be shed...

Honestly they have no excuses for pulling that crap as well as not designing a decent Mouse and Keyboard combo (thankfully modders fixed that for the most part)

And yea 30 FPS hard coded limit because of Havok physics... Meh, Maybe they'll use Nvidia's Physx engine this time! (Actually I think they already confirmed using Havok again...)

I love Dark Souls because it's great dark fantasy, trully inspired in Berserk, and its one of the few games right now that sands dignity for videogames in this world of filthy casuals. Also, right now it's the only game that it's worth to wait for (I REALLY hope someone can correct me here, but I doubt it...). Also, the pvp is a plus, but not the main aspect, at least not before you've done a couple of runs first. The game alone without that aspect would still be awesome, but I love how the pvp (and coop) is integrated in your adventure and not a separate arena or something like that.

Honestly they have no excuses for pulling that crap as well as not designing a decent Mouse and Keyboard combo (thankfully modders fixed that for the most part)

what is that crap. controller all the way... ds is not a shooter wannabe with swords like other games *ahem*

Dark Souls 2 For Life!!!!

I'm a huge hardcore fan of Dark Souls, probably the best game to come out in a long while. The PVP and PVE are just so enjoyable.

That being said, if From Software decides to pull the 'PC Port' stuff again and decide to limit the FPS to 30 again....

Blood will be shed...

And yea 30 FPS hard coded limit because of Havok physics... Meh, Maybe they'll use Nvidia's Physx engine this time! (Actually I think they already confirmed using Havok again...)

I kinda doubt it's all Havok's fault.  But I'll let others take the hit, and, if it's any good, wait for a price drop xP

The pvp was the most annoying shit in the game. i just wanted to follow the story :3

I might not get it, but i might.

The collectors edition for DSII sucks. some crappy figurine. only thing neat is the metal case and the poster you get of the map. its like 16 inch by 11 inch or w.e hugeeee. lol

Also Imma pvp you so guud gurl.

Ill get a hacked edition agian if i need to. hehe disables pvp. :D

of course the game still invades your computer with a NPC every hour or so. But they are easy as can be XD

DSBouncer FTW :P Pop it in, kindle, fight Phantom NPCs, once you're finished, jump off the cliff near Firelink, retrieve souls, exit game, reload game, load save, profit :P  No retarded invaders ever :P

what is that crap. controller all the way... ds is not a shooter wannabe with swords like other games *ahem*

I'll believe that controllers are better than keyboard+mice in Action/RolePlay games when I get a goddam thumbstick that stops slipping and one with WAY more sensistivity than what is currently on the market, I'm talking 4K DPI gaming mouse sort of sensitive (and yes you absolutely need that in games like dark souls)

I kinda doubt it's all Havok's fault.  But I'll let others take the hit, and, if it's any good, wait for a price drop xP

*Shudders* No, no it was undeniably a combination of the low end PS3 and XBox360 processors coupled with the fact that Havok is a processor laden physics engine coupled with the fact that Dark Souls uses the Havok physics engine IN ALMOST EVERYTHING all being coupled with the fact that From Software was lazy in their 'port' to PC that ultimately lead to ruining what is the single most new and inspiring game of the times that could easily win Game of the Year just because of the gameplay enhancments alone, into the saddest most detestable thing that ever had the misfortune to grace my pc's hard drive.

Long story short, I hear From Software isn't gonna screw us PC gamers over and see the potential in appealing to us PC gamers over the dreaded consoles. (AKA Keyboard+mice support and same release date as console versions)

Try with a PS3 or xbox controller. DS it's designed to be played with those. Not with a keyboard... Also, with a controller you can get comfy and lay back, you need that more that than a 4k dpi mouse... :)

There are actually some things that are easier in Dks with KbM, and DsMfix makes it very comfortable to use. I'm hoping that Dks2 give us the option by default to place heavy/light attack and block/parry on left and right mouse buttons respectively, and toggle between them by holding a modifier key. That was what made DsMfix so good.

Hmm...I played Dark Souls up to, I guess the big City that comes after the Fortress of Seth (without controllers, don't know what the fuss is about keyboard and mouse)...

The thing is: Yes, I liked it, kinda...and yes, its satisfying when you finally get past some annoying unfair location (though I think mostly its more luck then skill required).

But the world and story is...kinda meh to me. Half the time I have no idea what I am actually doing, and why, and for whom. So I lost interest, though maybe I'll get back to it some time,

especially if I get some time for this...20 years earlier back in school this game might have had more impact on me...

Dark souls 2, therefore...is not really high on my list. Though it is nice to see that such games that do NOT feed you everything with a golden spoon still exist and are successful. Players

are not dumb and can learn to play a game, that's what it is about...if only the world of Dark Souls made me care for it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure why this thread got so silent, all you guys are waiting for the PC release? Anyways, quite busy nowadays, but today I decided to open the box and try it out. (The comic is pretty awesome by the way, numbered to 2000 and signed by the creators.)

The game is great so far, but it feels like I am playing with Demon's Souls rather than Dark Souls, not like its a problem, especially for me since I liked DeS more.

Archived