Looking for an old mod ...

Sythdracous

Some years ago when I was really into FO3 I found a mod that allowed you to skip the Simulation from inside shortly after the breifing via a big honking mainframe stuck in the cliff near the start coming back now I'd love to have that again but sadly the Nexus strikes again only place it was uploaded and its no where to be found anyone know of or have that mod lying around?

Guest carywinton

If it is "Stuck in the cliff" a mainframe, I am guessing it had to do with Operation Anchorage, I have not seen anything like the OP is asking for made for Tranquility Lane, but that would be nice since a good many mods can cause that script to fail when in the Simulation Pod. I will keep on the lookout for this mod, but I have never seen it.

Agreed, but those were the only two vanilla simulations that came to mind.  I went through Anchorage once and haven't been eager to replay it, so I can see why someone might want to skip it and go straight to the rewards.  It felt more tedious than fun to me, unlike Dead Money which just stressed me the hell out (beeping...oh the beeping <insert crying emoticon here>, but I'd eventually like to replay it to absorb more of the story.

I know that TTW had an issue with leaving Tranquility Lane (I think it was leaving as opposed to starting).  The pip-boy had to be reequpped but wasn't being for some reason.  I don't know what mod screwed it up for me once, but one playthrough had all of the place covered in dark water, so all of the NPCs were swimming and you could drown.  Betty was unaffected.  Must have had a drainage problem due to Betty watering the flowers too much.

Yeah sorry about that the mod in question was for Anchorage, last time I saw it on the Nexus was awhile before NV dropped and about 1 computer and 2 harddrives ago. There is one skip the sim mod still up but it isn't the one I was looking for as it has major bugs. Far as I know there was only one small issue with the one I'm looking for and thats that it missed a line of code to remove the explosive charges from inventory.

Guest endgameaddiction

I haven't tried, but can't you just tcl command through the metal sliding door and snatch the rewards? Or is it scripted to spawn once the simulation is completed?

It felt more tedious than fun to me, unlike Dead Money which just stressed me the hell out (beeping...oh the beeping <insert crying emoticon here>, but I'd eventually like to replay it to absorb more of the story.

Out of topic... and if you still didn't do that, try AWOP for Dead Money without disabling the collars... calling it "painful" isn't enough... :P

It felt more tedious than fun to me, unlike Dead Money which just stressed me the hell out (beeping...oh the beeping <insert crying emoticon here>, but I'd eventually like to replay it to absorb more of the story.

Out of topic... and if you still didn't do that, try AWOP for Dead Money without disabling the collars... calling it "painful" isn't enough... :P

No + Anti-Like button  ;)

Guest carywinton

Yeah the whole turn me into a slave with a crappy HoloRifle just didn't appeal to me but you know some might find that fun... :P I was grateful for the ending, Payback was definitely in my mind by then.

Guest carywinton

Agreed, but those were the only two vanilla simulations that came to mind.  I went through Anchorage once and haven't been eager to replay it, so I can see why someone might want to skip it and go straight to the rewards.  It felt more tedious than fun to me, unlike Dead Money which just stressed me the hell out (beeping...oh the beeping <insert crying emoticon here>, but I'd eventually like to replay it to absorb more of the story.

I know that TTW had an issue with leaving Tranquility Lane (I think it was leaving as opposed to starting).  The pip-boy had to be reequpped but wasn't being for some reason.  I don't know what mod screwed it up for me once, but one playthrough had all of the place covered in dark water, so all of the NPCs were swimming and you could drown.  Betty was unaffected.  Must have had a drainage problem due to Betty watering the flowers too much.

You are entirely correct Tranquility Lane has two scripts that if not run just right cause either an infinite loop while in the pod, so you don't even get into Tranquility Lane, or an odd glitch with the Pip-Boy where you go to look at it after you exit the pod and see if for about a second and then it's gone.

Archived