Crashing on loading

Wolfoftheshadows

So I've used HDT with no problems in the past and I was using an older version. I tried using 12-29 and my game crashes before it loads. I also tried 10-24 and the game also crashed before loading. I don't have any ideas on why... I use the proper skeletons and what not... I was wondering if someone had any older versions since they seemed to work. The new ones I can never figure out or if anyone knows how to fix this problem. When I delete the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll the game starts, so any advice would be helpful.

Post your hdtPhysicsExtensions.log

hdtPhysicsExtensions

[02/13/14 14:15:55]INFO: Queue OK

[02/13/14 14:15:55]INFO: System run with 8 threads

[02/13/14 14:15:55]INFO: Havok simulated world created.

[02/13/14 14:15:55]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load

[02/13/14 14:16:23]INFO: Suspending ... Mist Menu

[02/13/14 14:16:30]INFO: Resuming... Fader Menu

[02/13/14 14:16:30]INFO: Suspending ... HUD Menu

[02/13/14 14:16:30]INFO: Resuming... Fader Menu

[02/13/14 14:16:30]INFO: Suspending ... Loading Menu

doesn't really say much, so maybe it's not it or something conflicting?

Huh, i have not a single line about menu in my log. And those 5 init entries are in a different order. Is it from 12-29?

Are you sure you're always crashing with HDTpe installed? It could be that damn Skyrim's CTD-CTD-OK load sequence(starts our of the blue for me sometimes, then ends the same way).

Well I just ran tesvedit to make sure my load order was working properly and I had some out of place things which I fixed. I tried it again and it still crashed during the loading screen. It doesn't crash on start up, but the loading screen. I deleted the hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll again and it starts no problem. I'm not using 12-29 because it crashed the game on the loading screen and so does 10-24. I was using 9 something and it worked no problem. I don't have it anymore so I had to go with 10-24 and it's not working. The log like you just saw doesn't help in anyway lol

Make sure you have the latest version of SKSE and Racemenu (if you are using it), reinstall last XP32 TBBP skeleton, try other TBBP body meshes like the recent Bodyslide 2 or HDT body, reinstall all the TBBP animations from Dragonfly for example and use FNIS after.

Also try to deactivate all mods using HDT physics like HDT heels, skirts, earrings, hair, cloak, HTD Havok Object... to see possible conflicts

The most important prerequisite for latest HDT versions is the SKSE version

Make sure you have the latest version of SKSE and Racemenu (if you are using it), reinstall last XP32 TBBP skeleton, try other TBBP body meshes like the recent Bodyslide 2 or HDT body, reinstall all the TBBP animations from Dragonfly for example and use FNIS after.

Also try to deactivate all mods using HDT physics like HDT heels, skirts, earrings, hair, cloak, HTD Havok Object... to see possible conflicts

Thank you, you were a godsend and I thank you for the help. I updated my racemenu and took off HDT heels and it worked. Now I'll try with heels back on to see if it was racemenu being outdated or HDT heels or both. I doubt it was HDT heels though.

Thank you, you were a godsend and I thank you for the help. I updated my racemenu and took off HDT heels and it worked. Now I'll try with heels back on to see if it was racemenu being outdated or HDT heels or both. I doubt it was HDT heels though.

Soooo... Was it the HDT heels?  :-.

• 1 month later...

IKR I spent a couple days digging and tweeking and come to find out its because racemenu was old this man deserves a metal.

That was a conflict with an old RaceMenu.

This is usually the problem; there was a conflict with HDT's hook that corrupted the stack registers near RaceMenu's NiOverride hook. I fixed the hook to pull from stack variables instead of immediate stack registers. I shouldn't have been pulling from stack registers anyway (it's easier to say 'push ebp' then to 'mov eax, [esp+offset]; push eax' where the offset has to be calculated based on the stack pointer's offset), but those registers shouldn't have been corrupt either, so I'd say it's more of a double fault (which is why it only crashed with both HDT and NiOverride).

This was fixed quite awhile ago, why you were using such an outdated version I have no idea.

• 2 months later...

Archived