Jump to content

A question regarding sharing a mod that was removed from Nexus


Recommended Posts

Posted

I think it might be a good idea to ask the question first. 

This is the situation: Back in August, a successor mod named "Personal Paintings Anniversary Edition" was uploaded to Nexus. It's a great successor to the original Personal Paintings mod and it works well with my own GOG 163 BUT it was removed a few days ago. I have no idea why, it just says "It was removed by the author". There doesn't seem to be any announcements such as it being removed because of bugs or other issues.

Since I do have the mod files for the 2K and 2K frameless versions of it. I wonder if it is OK to share them here on Loverslab?

Or is there some other page for removed mods I could use if the rules prohibit direct sharing here?

I think the mod is great and is happy to try to let it live on.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GeekBear80 said:

I think it might be a good idea to ask the question first. 

This is the situation: Back in August, a successor mod named "Personal Paintings Anniversary Edition" was uploaded to Nexus. It's a great successor to the original Personal Paintings mod and it works well with my own GOG 163 BUT it was removed a few days ago. I have no idea why, it just says "It was removed by the author". There doesn't seem to be any announcements such as it being removed because of bugs or other issues.

Since I do have the mod files for the 2K and 2K frameless versions of it. I wonder if it is OK to share them here on Loverslab?

Or is there some other page for removed mods I could use if the rules prohibit direct sharing here?

I think the mod is great and is happy to try to let it live on.

I'd keep in mind that the creator of this mod might have had a reason for removing it. It's best to respect their decision and not upload it without their permission.

Edited by Heinzelman
Posted

image.png.2aa5c42fe742401645fab8c6f78ccad2.png

This is a screenshot of the Google listing, which is still up. 

The whole thing is odd since the mod work independently of the original Personal Paintings and there's no issues running it such as CTDs or anything abnormal about the download itself. 

After looking at Nexus, there's no other paintings mod that's similar. There are several other mods but not exactly like this one. 

I guess the best option is to wait and see if the author will reupload it. 

Posted

Yeah. Don't distribute someone else's work without permissions.

 

On Nexus, they don't allow true deletions. The author might have removed the mod page. But, they usually still have a link where it can be downloaded, just without the description, etc.

 

If it truly is fully deleted, maybe the author worked out some deal with Nexus or maybe they had an IP reason to remove it?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...