Jump to content

010090ea not giving a warning?


Recommended Posts

Posted

So, uhh, I'm constantly, from the very first time I began the game with this mod, getting an error that says

 

"Error in script 010090ea: (null) in File: Lovers with PK.esm

 

Unable to find function definition for command 0 in script" 

 

 

 

What is this referring to? 

 

 

 

EDIT: I just opened the file with the Construction Set. Apparently it's the scn xLoversCheckObse2QuestScript. It reads as follows:

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

scn xLoversCheckObse2QuestScript

 

 

 

short ObseNotFound

 

 

 

Begin GameMode

 

    if ObseNotFound

 

set ObseNotFound to 0

 

        MessageBox "Lovers requires OBSE to run! You didn't read the instructions, did you?"

 

        Message "Lovers requires OBSE to run! You didn't read the instructions, did you?"

 

    endif

 

End 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Except, I do have OBSE (more specifically, latest version of xOBSE from Nexusmods). And I'm not getting the relevant notification on either the game itself or the command console. So is the script running in a loop for nothing, or am I missing something? 

Posted

Wrong game  installation ?  Never in C:\ program files ....   because some programs don't work then. ( Not everyone has the problem. ) Most often it's OBSE and OBSE plugins that then don't work.

There have been some problems since Windows 11.

 

In Lovers with PK are two OBSE check scripts. If you haven't installed OBSE or are using a very, very old version, ( or many people with Win11)  you will get the warning message.

But unfortunately, the warning repeats itself over and over again.

But those two scripts aren't needed for any other function in the mod or in any other Lovers mods.  It's just for the OBSE check.  A warning in the README would have been enough.

 

You can install a Lovers with PK.esm without the OBSE check scripts

 

 

And for any further issues that may arise,  and for the  Lovers with PK.esm without OBSE check ,  read this

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/36443-oblivion-install-gametoolsbodiesbbb-load-order-sorting-espesm-cleaning-cs-cse-body-stretching/

Again: It is important not to install the game in the C program files!  And the right load order of the mods.

 

The Lovers with PK.esm without OBSE check scripts  you have to scroll down to

2.  Problems during gameplay.

If Lovers/LAPF tells you OBSE is not working

 

Posted (edited)

Perhaps I should clarify. I'm using Windows 10 and, although I did have the game installed in the default folder directory (program files x86) the first time, before installing LAPF I had already moved the entire Steam directory to a subfolder in C:\Documents. I also created a save on the spot, after the transposition, when I booted the LAPF-modded game, but also have an earlier save from the previous directory that only used UOP, a save I never expanded upon.

 

My question is, is that script harmless to have running in a loop or can it eventually cause a CTD? 

Edited by CuriousMf
Posted (edited)

Yes the program files x86 was shit, you moved it  is good.

The OBSE loop message bug happened with Windows 10 too, but much less frequently than with Windows 11.

 

Yes the message is harmless .  But why do you want a script run in a loop? There are already enough scripts running; there's no need to run unnecessary ones. And why do you want to read the message again and again? And it's cluttering the console. If you want to check anything else in the console, you'll only see those stupid error messages, but not the last used sex animation number or other things you want to know.

The Lovers with PK.esm I posted is the original  with 2 deleted OBSE check scripts and Quests (the script must be bound to a quest).  2 Scripts and quests that are not required by the game or the mod.

 

More information about the script

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/248865-lovers-check-error-message/#findComment-7019674

In my posts from  April 9, 2025  and  May 1, 2025

 

-------------------

an old save file can cause problems with a new installed game and Mods. But you can test it, but if errors occur, keep in mind that it might be the old save file.

--------------------

 

Edited by fejeena

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...