So far I've tried this out 4 times with two different characters. The mod seems to only engage with saves that were made before my first capture by bandits (so before SD had ever been initiated). And yes, I know they weren't fresh games ... ;)

Getting sold to the highest bidder was the most incredible experience the first time. I've always dreamed of having this experience in Skyrim. It was just *perfect*. 

Naturally enough, repeat experiences weren't as exciting as each subsequent Auction was exactly the same wording and I got sold to exactly the same buyer (the guy in monk robes who takes you to the platform outside Riften and you begin the "mining" quest). Putting a little variation in the Auction scene (wording and price) would be fantastic, if that's possible? 

Also, I take it that I shouldn't always get sold to the same guy...?

PS: Nothing much ever happens with the guy outside Riften. He doesn't take me anywhere. I suspect that his navmesh is disrupted by JK's Riften mod that I have going as that seems to place some ruined carts near that entrance. I'll give it a go with that mod disabled. 

PPS: Weird thing happened when I walked into Riften and left my Master behind. I went to Helga's bunkhouse and talked to her and she practically made me her slave. When I asked "why am I here?" she replies, "Oh, the Master must have sent you. Don't worry, I'll treat you just like all the other girls." I'm not sure what mod that bit is coming from. Asking for a "Guiding Hand" from her and joining the slavegirl that is devoted to her upstairs was strangely appropriate. ;)

PS: Nothing much ever happens with the guy outside Riften. He doesn't take me anywhere. I suspect that his navmesh is disrupted by JK's Riften mod that I have going as that seems to place some ruined carts near that entrance. I'll give it a go with that mod disabled. 

PPS: Weird thing happened when I walked into Riften and left my Master behind. I went to Helga's bunkhouse and talked to her and she practically made me her slave. When I asked "why am I here?" she replies, "Oh, the Master must have sent you. Don't worry, I'll treat you just like all the other girls." I'm not sure what mod that bit is coming from. Asking for a "Guiding Hand" from her and joining the slavegirl that is devoted to her upstairs was strangely appropriate. ;)

I'm quite sure the helga lines come from SD+. Often when you're back from the sanguine dreamword, you're sent back to helga bunkhouse....

So far I've tried this out 4 times with two different characters. The mod seems to only engage with saves that were made before my first capture by bandits (so before SD had ever been initiated). And yes, I know they weren't fresh games ... ;)

Getting sold to the highest bidder was the most incredible experience the first time. I've always dreamed of having this experience in Skyrim. It was just *perfect*.

Naturally enough, repeat experiences weren't as exciting as each subsequent Auction was exactly the same wording and I got sold to exactly the same buyer (the guy in monk robes who takes you to the platform outside Riften and you begin the "mining" quest). Putting a little variation in the Auction scene (wording and price) would be fantastic, if that's possible?

Also, I take it that I shouldn't always get sold to the same guy...?

Thank you for the kind words. There are currently three different bidding scenes, each with its own unique wording, so I don't know why you would be getting the same scene each time. Unless you have an older version of this mod installed. The first enslavement puts you behind Riften on the platform I originally built for the slave market. I think I'll move it somewhere else, though, because it seems to be causing problems for people. The second enslavement should put you with a different guy in the forest near one of the imperial camps. In both situations, sd should be taking over as soon as you get there. Make sure it's the latest version of sd or the enslavement won't work. The third enslavement will start Slaves of Tamriel, assuming you have it loaded. Otherwise nothing will happen. Yet.

As Shinji said, the stuff at Haelga's is sd.

I see what was going on now. I was repeating/replaying the initial slavery auction to see if it varied, so of course it was the same.

I've not had the same character enslaved a second time and been sent to a second auction scene. Each time she gets enslaved again, she just remains a slave of whomever beats her. But this might be because she still had a collar on, even if it wasn't working. I imagine that if she ever gets completely free of the damn collar, a further enslavement might send her back to the Sky Haven Temple Auction. 

I see what was going on now. I was repeating/replaying the initial slavery auction to see if it varied, so of course it was the same.

Aye... I'd recommend, jfraser, that when you're all finished up with the mod, adding a RNG to the mix, if possible, so that the player never is quite sure what outcomes may... uh, come out.

If you wanted, you could add an MCM option to specify which quest is next (qayl, SD+, SOT, etc) with an option for randomness... that would give the player the option to make it random or to specify which mod to be sent to next.

Aye... I'd recommend, jfraser, that when you're all finished up with the mod, adding a RNG to the mix, if possible, so that the player never is quite sure what outcomes may... uh, come out.

If you wanted, you could add an MCM option to specify which quest is next (qayl, SD+, SOT, etc) with an option for randomness... that would give the player the option to make it random or to specify which mod to be sent to next.

That's the plan. I don't know how to randomize yet, so for now it's a set pattern.

I've not had the same character enslaved a second time and been sent to a second auction scene. Each time she gets enslaved again, she just remains a slave of whomever beats her. But this might be because she still had a collar on, even if it wasn't working. I imagine that if she ever gets completely free of the damn collar, a further enslavement might send her back to the Sky Haven Temple Auction.

Uncheck sd slavery in the da settings - it has the same priority. Just remember to uncheck simple slavery and recheck sd after the third enslavement because that is the last one. For now. If you don't have slaves of Tamriel, uncheck simple slavery after the second enslavement.

That's the plan. I don't know how to randomize yet, so for now it's a set pattern.

Uncheck sd slavery in the da settings - it has the same priority. Just remember to uncheck simple slavery and recheck sd after the third enslavement because that is the last one. For now. If you don't have slaves of Tamriel, uncheck simple slavery after the second enslavement.

For now, you could just put that any encounter after the third (or final pre-set) enslavement sends you back to SD+...

For now, you could just put that any encounter after the third (or final pre-set) enslavement sends you back to SD+...
Yes, that's a good idea. The auction scenes wouldn't be unique at that point but at least it wouldn't be limited. I also still need to set sd up as the default for people who don't have Qayl or SoT.

So I finally got to the second Auction and got sold for 800 gold. Wound up in the care of a guy with a strange name who looked like an Imperial soldier, and then walked back and forth from an ore to the road numerous times till he decided to get some sleep in one of the cages outside the Captured Dreams shop. Is this guys supposed to do anything special?

So I finally got to the second Auction and got sold for 800 gold. Wound up in the care of a guy with a strange name who looked like an Imperial soldier, and then walked back and forth from an ore to the road numerous times till he decided to get some sleep in one of the cages outside the Captured Dreams shop. Is this guys supposed to do anything special?

Sd takes over as soon as you are transported to your owner, so he should have led you somewhere. Perhaps I'll put the owners in interior locations instead of outside.

Update: turns out both things I was putting off doing because I didn't know how are ridiculously easy. Also, thanks to doc clox, I now have permission to add Qayl to the list of enslavements. So, coming soon, possibly by the end of this weekend, there will be randomized messages when going to the block, randomized bidding scenes, and randomized slave encounters, choosing between SoT, Qayl, and sd, with sd being the default choice for those who don't have one or both of the others installed. I am going to ask permission from the author of the captured dream shop mod to use it as well. Again, let me know if you think of other mods that you would like incorporated. Or make some. ;)

Welp, I decided to revisit the banners, just in case you (or anyone with the knowledge) knows how to actually put these textures into the game.

They're set to take the same space as the battlemap01.dds texture.

The first two I'm not really happy with, but Frozen Pete's works well, I think.

advertfinal.png

rulesfinal.png

molagbal.jpg

DDS files:

dds files.7z

If it takes the place of the battle map texture, wouldn't it replace all the table maps around skyrim? It would be kind of funny to have tullius and Uther gathered around an ad for a slave market instead of a battle map, but not very immersive. ;)

Heh... indeed. :)

What I mean is that it's the same size as the battle map texture. I wanted something that could fit on, for example, the wooden board in Farengar's workroom. So I just extracted the battlemap01.dds file and used it as a template (which is why the images have a blank space on bottom - because that one does too).

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, you could directly replace the battlemap texture... just rename the file and stick it in the appropriate directory. Tullius can intently study the offerings as much as he likes before making a purchase. :)

Heh... indeed. :)

What I mean is that it's the same size as the battle map texture. I wanted something that could fit on, for example, the wooden board in Farengar's workroom. So I just extracted the battlemap01.dds file and used it as a template (which is why the images have a blank space on bottom - because that one does too).

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, you could directly replace the battlemap texture... just rename the file and stick it in the appropriate directory. Tullius can intently study the offerings as much as he likes before making a purchase. :)

Or I could try replacing a random city wall texture with it and then ads would be plastered all over skyrim. That would probably look really bad, but it would be pretty funny.

So recently when trying this, I've wound up falling through space instead of going to the cage at Sky Haven Temple. I'm not sure what I've changed. 

I vaguely recall reading a solution for this somewhere here but I can't recall where. 

Does anyone know how to cure this?

So recently when trying this, I've wound up falling through space instead of going to the cage at Sky Haven Temple. I'm not sure what I've changed. 

I vaguely recall reading a solution for this somewhere here but I can't recall where. 

Um...does it happen every time?

Um...does it happen every time?

i have the same problem and yes it happens every time

@jfraser - I don't know if this is what's doing it (I've never tried to do anything like this so I'm just guessing here), but it looks like the sslv_cagemark in the market is buried slightly in the floor, maybe that's causing people to fall through the floor? I didn't experience that problem, but...?

@jfraser - I don't know if this is what's doing it (I've never tried to do anything like this so I'm just guessing here), but it looks like the sslv_cagemark in the market is buried slightly in the floor, maybe that's causing people to fall through the floor? I didn't experience that problem, but...?

Maybe? I'll raise it up and see if that does anything. It might be some combination of that plus the unique way Skyhaven is built. I think I mentioned before that if you try to delete the wall, half of the temple goes with it, so it appears to be built as one huge chunk instead of a bunch of separate pieces, as most places are.

I dunno. Just throwing out wild speculation.

Yes, this happens every time now. I thought it might have been caused by updating DAMOYL, or perhaps because I added the Alternative Start DAMOYL mod, but I don't know. Turning off the latter had no effect. 

When I was floating I tried to use the /coc command to go to Sky Haven Temple but that only takes me to the original one, not the one where auctions take place. 

Yes, this happens every time now. I thought it might have been caused by updating DAMOYL, or perhaps because I added the Alternative Start DAMOYL mod, but I don't know. Turning off the latter had no effect.

When I was floating I tried to use the /coc command to go to Sky Haven Temple but that only takes me to the original one, not the one where auctions take place.

Yeah, the temple was just a copied cell. Mine would be called sslv_slavemarket or something like that.

So after the third auction event nothing happens?

If you have slaves of Tamriel it will start, otherwise nothing. That will be fixed on the next update, which was going to be today, but I worked on escape the cell instead.