New Stability Guide with Safety Load Replacer

Pinute

Hi all, just wanted to bring a new guide for stabilizing your skyrim install, and, more importantly, a Memory Allocation Patch that's replacement for Safety Load Ā to everyone's attention. Most of what's in that guide, I figure, is well known to most denizens here (there were a couple of new wrinkles for me, such as the suggestion to use Stable Ugrids to LoadĀ even if you stick with the default 5). My personal anecdotal experience after several hours of playing Skyrim with that SUL and that safety load replacement patch installed is: zero crashes, even menu or HDT related. I've had regular CTD's in very specific cells around Helgen and Riverwood with my current mod load and so far this seems to have fixed them all.

Ā 

Check it out, see if it helps your game. What it does, briefly, is double the initial amount of reserved memory allocated on startup. How it's done is by patching skse. The Memory Allocation Patch link above has a slighly modified version of the original compiled as an skse_steam_loader.dll you can drop into your skyrim directory. The author's commentary along with the source code can be found atĀ http://enbdev.com/ctdfix.html.Ā 

TheĀ givefirstborntosheson=1 is from the original author's code; the compiled version available at the link incorporates additional patches from the enb forum allowing users to change the memory reservation size. In other words, for the precompiled dll I linked use the skse settings included with that dll.

Archived