Imp pink heads - what change it ?

2011122100003c.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello

I dont know what chage it' date=' but all imps dont look nice with this heads ( like on pic ). Who can say any simple way to resolve it ?

[/quote']

perhaps that could be from some kind of creature mod. maybe if u tried turning off mods that affect creature appearances. if that doesnt work, maybe because the creature appearances have been completely replaced, u might have to copy your save files into a new folder then reinstall the game and put the save files back. that might wipe out any previous mods if your not using obmm though. sorry for the more complex way of doing this but i dont know how else u might

As rembladez said this is caused by you installing a mod that has creatures in it. You are likely missing a texture of some sort. You can use nifskope to open the head mesh and see if the texture path is wrong and fix it or reinstall the mod that has these creatures in it.

I would not mess with reinstalling oblivion as that would not fix the problem since it is mod that is doing this.

Also have you archive invalidated recently? Might try that just to see if it helps.

Other ways to track down the mod if you don't know which one it is:

Using the console click on the imp and make a note of the name and id. Exit oblivion and use TES4Edit - browse your mods one at a time to find the imp via his id number and this will help you find the mod that add/effected him and will give you a starting point to find the missing texture. :)

I remember this occuring to me when installing something - "the punished", I think. The problem was that in the install, it added a head without texturing. I'm going from memory here, but in your meshes/creatures/scamp folder, do you have a head.nif or something like that? Try temporarily deleting that (move it to your desktop, whatever).

(I can't find the original post on the subject, and it may not have been The Punished (but I think it was, from the Cursed Armor requirement), but it was definitely a head mesh with no texture. If you wind up with headless scamps, then you need to go back to the default unmodded scamp)

edited to refer to the right creature, oops! Thanks, PT. And that's why I couldn't find the original post - brain not working! It was here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1600&page=8

Careful what creature you are trying to fix - these guys are SCAMPS, not IMPS!

I keep on having problems with female Khajiit, some have parts with missing textures (body, feet). It's difficult to fix because of the huge number of different Khajiit variants added by 'Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina'. The unofficial Elsweyr patch, a different Khajiit patch and installing several fur textures were all unsuccessful to get rid of the purple body parts. Kind of a neverending story, a quest to get those races working while keeping the Elsweyr mod.

Anyway - whatever you do, do it to the Scamps!

Had this, a 'head nif' was added to:-

~\data\meshes\creatures\scamp\ without a needed texture.

Never bothered to track down the mod culprit, just deleted the nif. I think it was called something like 'scamphead.nif'. There shouldn't be many nifs in that folder so it should be obvious.

Look for it, delete it and all will be well.

Had this' date=' a 'head nif' was added to:-

~\data\meshes\creatures\scamp\ without a needed texture.

Never bothered to track down the mod culprit, just deleted the nif. I think it was called something like 'scamphead.nif'. There shouldn't be many nifs in that folder so it should be obvious.

Look for it, delete it and all will be well.

[/quote']

Thanks Symon, its work. I deleted head.nif with folder what you say and head for scamps back to normal.

Yes PT The Comic Freak, you right its scamp not imps :) I dont know why I have imps in mind.

nice when problem been resolved.

• 9 months later...

I remember this occuring to me when installing something - "the punished"' date=' I think. The problem was that in the install, it added a head without texturing. I'm going from memory here, but in your meshes/creatures/scamp folder, do you have a head.nif or something like that? Try temporarily deleting that (move it to your desktop, whatever).

(I can't find the original post on the subject, and it may not have been The Punished (but I think it was, from the Cursed Armor requirement), but it was definitely a head mesh with no texture. If you wind up with headless scamps, then you need to go back to the default unmodded scamp)

edited to refer to the right creature, oops! Thanks, PT. And that's why I couldn't find the original post - brain not working! It was here:

[/quote']

THANK YOUU!!!! WORKED 100%!:D

I remember this occuring to me when installing something - "the punished"' date=' I think. The problem was that in the install, it added a head without texturing. I'm going from memory here, but in your meshes/creatures/scamp folder, do you have a head.nif or something like that? Try temporarily deleting that (move it to your desktop, whatever).

[/quote']

THANK YOUU!!!! WORKED 100%!:D

I deleted the head nif and ends up with headless scamps where can i find the default meshes (havent got a oblivion backup) thanx

It's strange - normally the game should be using this exact head mesh from its archive by itself if you have deleted any replacement head from a folder. The archive in question where all the game's default meshes are stored is 'Oblivion - Meshes.bsa' in your 'Data' folder. To access such BSA archives you need a software like 'BSA Commander'.

But to save you the trouble I've simply uploaded the mesh here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e8krwnkuixm1prr

It's just the Scamp head, with the correct folder structure so you can simply drop the content of this archive into your Oblivion folder.

Archived