FF13 Lightning Character Face - Real or fake?

http://kotaku.com/5869227/final-fantasy-xiiis-lightning-strikes-skyrim/gallery/1

First off, the armor is, for a fact, real so we can put that to rest:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3838

What I'm curious about is the head on the armor. Notice the color looks a bit off. There's also an obvious seam on the final image where the head attaches to the body, although Oblivion had similar issues, so I'll cut it some slack. It's also an amazing feat in and of itself to have working unique hair, let alone a 100% duplicate lookalike face.

I don't know, I'm calling bullshit on this one.

http://kotaku.com/5869227/final-fantasy-xiiis-lightning-strikes-skyrim/gallery/1

First off' date=' the armor is, for a fact, real so we can put that to rest:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3838

What I'm curious about is the head on the armor. Notice the color looks a bit off. There's also an obvious seam on the final image where the head attaches to the body, although Oblivion had similar issues, so I'll cut it some slack. It's also an amazing feat in and of itself to have working unique hair, let alone a 100% duplicate lookalike face.

I don't know, I'm calling bullshit on this one. It's great the guy provided multiple screenshots, but I'm still calling bullshit unless I see it for myself.

[/quote']

I saw the mod on 3DM a few day ago...

I'll see if I can find that topic.

As I don't have Skyrim yet, if I do find the link, someone else will have to test it = =;

If this is real, then I'm curious why someone didn't seem to do this for Oblivion. Wouldn't we have been seeing a ton of Final Fantasy characters there too? Or if there were any, I didn't notice them.

The closest Oblivion had were look-alikes, but this face/head looks like a game resource rip. That's taking it to the next level!

I tried the mask and for some reason it shows up on my character weird. Perhaps it's a conflict with one of my face textures/meshes? The odd thing is the mask shows up fine in my inventory, which is why I suspect it's an incompatibility on my face rather than the item itself. I loaded the mod at the bottom of Wrye Bash, and even stripped my character naked. Nothing.

Also, like any mask, the eyes do not blink, so you take the good with the bad. One cool thing about the mask is it not only replaces your face, but it also replaces your current set of hair.

Regardless, I guess it's true then - they got Lightning into the game (kind of). I can't wait to see modders pull this off with other characters!

As for Steam, it's improved a lot since Oblivion, but it's not like you have much of a choice, assuming you intend to use a legitimate Skyrim copy. The biggest issue I have with it is auto-updates, which as many may know, screwed their games up with the 1.2 patch. Simple solution would be to turn off auto-updates, but some swear the auto-update feature turns itself back on for them.

post-205-13597872055959_thumb.jpg

post-205-13597872057217_thumb.jpg

If this is real' date=' then I'm curious why someone didn't seem to do this for Oblivion. Wouldn't we have been seeing a ton of Final Fantasy characters there too? Or if there were any, I didn't notice them.

The closest Oblivion had were look-alikes, but this face/head looks like a game resource rip. That's taking it to the next level!

[/quote']

Anything and everything could be ported to Oblivion even heads it all depends on your knowledge and the amount of work that you are willing to do. Custom heads were done and released on nexus with working morphs.

As for seeing tons of fully converted ff characters or game rips in general (when I say fully converted, I mean facial morphs and all) thats not likely to happen. There may be one or two that get done but I would not hold my breath waiting for a release.

what your probably going to see is partialy converted heads that have fixed expressions. these could be set up to work as heads or helmets depending again on how much work your willing to put in.

most will just set them up to be helmets, masks, ect, like whats being done allready for fallout new vegas and even skyrim

Regardless' date=' I guess it's true then - they got Lightning into the game (kind of). I can't wait to see modders pull this off with other characters![/quote']

Its been done by many people, done for Oblivion, and fallout new vegas, I even ported Daz Studios Victoria 4. There simply is no point doing this however since the head will always look like shit without the morphs

I tried the mask and for some reason it shows up on my character weird. Perhaps it's a conflict with one of my face textures/meshes? The odd thing is the mask shows up fine in my inventory' date=' which is why I suspect it's an incompatibility on my face rather than the item itself. I loaded the mod at the bottom of Wrye Bash, and even stripped my character naked. Nothing.

Also, like any mask, the eyes do not blink, so you take the good with the bad. One cool thing about the mask is it not only replaces your face, but it also replaces your current set of hair.

Regardless, I guess it's true then - they got Lightning into the game (kind of). I can't wait to see modders pull this off with other characters!

As for Steam, it's improved a lot since Oblivion, but it's not like you have much of a choice, assuming you intend to use a legitimate Skyrim copy. The biggest issue I have with it is auto-updates, which as many may know, screwed their games up with the 1.2 patch. Simple solution would be to turn off auto-updates, but some swear the auto-update feature turns itself back on for them.

[/quote']

How did u use the mod, I just don't understand.

I type "player.additem XX6666b1 1" and nothing happened,

what XX refer to?

How did u use the mod' date=' I just don't understand.

I type "player.additem XX6666b1 1" and nothing happened,

what XX refer to?[/quote']

XX is mod speaking terms for "load order." Basically, the order your mod is loaded in dictates the XX, so because it varies from person to person, people have to list it as XX. If you have Wrye Bash installed, you can easily find it, or you can do guess and check and try all these values:

02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11... etc.

Each number corresponds to an installed mod, so the more mods you have, the bigger your load order.

Skyrim has a really neat "help" feature. Opening the console and typing "help wood 4" will allow you to find the wooden mask item ID. I downloaded this mod and it replaced that mesh so I'm assuming it's the same for you, otherwise just attempt searching for whatever the item in the mod would be called like, "help lightning 4"

help is the command

lightning being the search term, you could get results with just "ligh" if you wanted

4 being 1-4, 4 being the all encompassing search function, looking for everything I'm pretty sure.

If anyone tries this, let me know if it works for them. Mine still looks like crap. I updated to Skyrim ver. 1.3.1, temporarily disabled my tintmasks, character body, face replacements, etc. but it didn't help.

----

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out (see video). I don't remember which mod it was, but I believe the CBBE mod makes adjustments to weight, and the final weight value on the slider is the culprit, so simple solution - just dock one mark off your weight.

[video=youtube]

Here you go! I don't even think you will need a translator... it's kinda clear on what to do. :3

Clicky!

That's the old one. My bad for not being specific.

The author had several optional files up with the 3 different types of lighting and 4 textures/colors (bright, realistic, oily, paper). The realistic one is the one I'm seeking. I saw them at work today, but when I got back it was gone :(

Thank you though!

I'm having trouble with the head and neck not aligning - the head is sitting back on the head quite a bit. Also, when I tried changing this from the 'Wooden Mask' it's based on to another helmet, it doesn't cover my full face (i.e., my character's face shows through the Lightning Mask).

It would be super awesome if it worked, but at least I can give the armour a try :)

Do those mods replace your character? I'm not seeing an ess file and the picture accompanied with the mods you posted suggests it transforms your character into Lightning.

you gotta make the lightning character yourself, im too lazy to try and copy the one in the picture so i used the guy's saved state.