Have done some research and need alittle advice with mod selection for body type (CBBE VS UNP/UNPB VS etc)

Hey guys/gals,

Been looking around, doing research on skyrim mods, and with the sheer number of options and alternatives, I need some advice from you all about how I should start putting my mods together. I know most of the mods that would be recommended would need SkyUI and SKSE, or some similar type of client/dll. I realize that this is asking for alot, I'm really only trying to figure out which body to go with so I can kind of fill in the blanks myself. But ANY and all advice, recommendations, answers to any of my questions, or even just friendly chatting is greatly appreciated!!!

I guess the first thing is picking a body type to work from, but with all the options that exist, I'm unsure which to pick.

Now, these seem to be the most popular ones:

7base

Unp
unpb
unpbo (I have only seen this pop up maybe once or twice. Is this a newer variant of UNP/UNPB? and if so, is this where the mod community is headed with?)
Cbbe
CHSBHC 

I'm seeing that lately there has been alot of support for 7base, and that it appears to be compatible with most UNP-based files. However, on the topic of UNP... what are the differences between UNP/UNPB/UNPBO? I'm assuming it has to do with how each one affects body part sizing/shape? (i.e. UNPB has bigger breasts/ass than UNP? At least thats what my understanding was). I'm hoping to pick something that has jiggly breasts/butt (I think thats BBP and TBBP? Not sure if there are other popular variants)

On the topic of CBBE, I realize it probably has the most armor support of most types, but are there any clearcut disadvantages of going with CBBE vs UNP, 7base or CHSBHC (besides armor availability), like which of these bodies is the most versatile when it comes to converting non jiggly armors into armors that support jiggle (like BBP or TBBP). I know that some of these body types come with/are compatible with "simple" tools to be able to do some of those conversions, any recommendations?

Desired features: (I know its probably not likely to accommodate all of these, but I'm sure one of the body types accommodates many of them, maybe 7base or CHSBHC???)

-Sexlab (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v135-updated-0102/) or alternatives (i.e. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10748/?," slavery mods, etc). I like the idea of being able to pimp nps/followers/myself, and the various slave/rape scenarios (from both sides of view) sound interesting. Is Sexlab itself (not necessarily the various addons made for it) incompatible with some body types? If not, then I kinda know that Sexlab would be the way to go for this.

-high heel walk/run animation (i.e. something like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13272/? )

-Locations: is there anything that adds a location that is like a brothel/fetish/strip club? Does not necessarily need to be something you can make your home, but a location that can be visited for fun. I searched, but didn't find anything besides the http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11427/?

Looking to replace all/most vanilla armor and robes for female npc/pc with skimpier/fetish pieces. I'm aiming to replace only the female armors with sexier looks. They don't all have to look like prostitutes, but thats not to say they cant look like them either ;P

-body piercings compatible with whatever body type I go with (something like http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20655/?)

-anything that would allow for the customization of makeup/beauty marks/tattoos. Potentially something that can be customized from within the game.

-the ability to only equip specific segments of armor (i.e. if an armor is equipped as a whole body type thing, but a mod/program that allows you to select which parts. Such as removing the breast plate but leaving the shoulders/arms/etc to expose/ conceal specific parts of the body 

-Kunoichi Armor (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17876/?). I really really like the styles of this one, but have only found a CBBE version in my research efforts. If I go with 7base or something non-cbbe, I would really like a conversion that would still support the jiggle of the player's assets (or as mentioned above, the means to be able to do that conversion myself without major programming skills). 

-A Compatible/recommended Skeleton for nude skin & body type (This skeleton seems to be incredibly popular: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?). Also compatible Hands and feet mod with minimal or no seams. (or some sort of tool I can address whatever seams textures that might appear on the body without going through extensive texture edits)

-the ability to only equip specific segments of armor (i.e. if an armor is equipped as a whole body type thing, but a mod/program that allows you to select which parts. Such as removing the breast plate but leaving the shoulders/arms/etc to expose/ conceal specific parts of the body.

-High heels and thigh high boots (I've already worked around with CHSBHC,  the HDT system http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36213/? and Bob's boot packs). Want to make sure the body type I pick allows me a nice selection of boots with minimal texture issues (i.e. disappearing limbs, thigh being too thick and clipping through the top of some boots, etc).

-hair styles/colors. I prefer longer/different hair styles than what the game provides. Any highly recommended hair packs?

Thanks for letting me become part of the mod community! Hopefully with alittle more tinkering around and learning the ropes from you guys, I can become a valuable contributor of either help or content (curious to see how some of those converters work).

So far what you've really listed is a choice between TWO BodyTypes.

CBBE and it's derivatives (aka CHSBHC/CBBE3M)

UNP and it's derivatives (aka 7base, UNPB, UNPBO)

I am disregarding outfits in my review simply because of Outfit Studio. That program alone makes it so that converting any given armor takes between 10-30 minutes to convert to whatever BodyType you choose. (There are some exclusions to this rule, but hopefully that will be patched up in the near future with an update to the Outfit Studio program)

As far as I can tell, CBBE + Bodyslide let's you customize your body to an amazing degree and can achieve most, if not all, looks.

While UNP has 'unofficial' bodyslide support, it is somewhat limited currently but within the coming months will probably have the same level of customization if not even MORE customization than CBBE simply because the UNP Body has more vertices. This might take sometime to achieve however as the sole contributor to this valiant effort is stuffed_bunny.

As I have never used UNP and it's derivatives I cannot say how things such as TBBP/BBP and HDT work on them, I defer this to another more wiser user than me.

I personally use CBBE and I love it just for the BodySlide but if UNP Bodyslide ever get's implemented to the same degree I'll probably switch over in a heartbeat.

So yea I'll put my vote down for CBBE for now just because achieving the look you want is easy and you can change it (as well as your armors) in a heartbeat with a flick of a button.

That being said, UNP and it's derivatives are a lot more appealing now that you can convert your own armors to it in Outfit Studio.

Skeleton wise use XPMS and NEVER override that skeleton, it's compatible with everything.

I find hair irrelevant to BodyType unless your using the really long hairs that flow down to the breasts, of which their are so few it doesn't really matter...

Note: I have not been able to find any currently working TBBP/HDT working nipple piercings (Been working on it in Outfit Studio but still eludes me...)

I prefer UNP to CBBE simply because it's more immersive/realistic and less cartoonish. Either works fine, though, and there are textures to make them all look good. As you've noted there are more clothing/armor goodies for CBBE, but UNP variants have more than enough to keep you busy for a couple years just to try them all. :D The UNP variants go from UNPetite to Skinny to standard to BB to 7B to UNPC/UNPCM ad infinitum. The only differences are slight changes in proportion and body part sizes. The textures seem to work with all those variants so that's a big plus.

But to be fair, there is now the BodySlide 2 for CBBE bodies that allows you to mimic nearly anything, so it's a very viable alternative.

SexLab works fine with any body type, just be sure to fit the body with the appropriate skeleton (look for "XPMS" and you're good to go!). Ashal said he uses the UNPB body I believe and he made the SL framework. Jiggle (T/BBP) can be added to nearly any body type as well, and that does work during sex animations.

High heel walk and so on are able to be added to anything and are even included in a couple body mods. Look here on LL and you can find even more custom walk/run animations.

Look up "Newmiller" on the Nexus and he/she has a lot of jewelry available, even piercings. There are more, too. No shortage there at all!

RaceMenu has overlays to add freckles, tattoos, hair, etc.....

LSAR (little sexy armor replacer) could be what you'd like to get all the NPCs wearing something a bit skimpier, plus it lets you choose how skimpy it is when you install it.

ApachiiSkyHair is pretty much a standard. If you can find SG Hairs somewhere on the webs that's a GREAT pack to have. There are more, so just download a pile of them and change hairstyles every day if you want to.

I have a "thing" for SG Female Texture Renewal, but Mature Skin and a few others are quite nice, too. Just personal preference I guess. You can also use parts/layers from different textures to create your own unique look.

Thank you so much for the quick and easy to understand responses! Both of you have been a big help! (If anyone else would like to add their own recommendations or experiences/opinions please feel free to do so! None of it will go unappreciated.

I did have another question regarding CBBE, what is the most recent/complete version of it? I was gonna do a clean install of Skyrim and start from scratch with all the mods.

Heres what I was able to dig up to start off with (sans hair, clothing, and skins):

CBBE: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/2666/? 

(in the part where they describe adding physics BEFORE applying CBBE, not after, does using CHSBHC ignore this install order? I honestly can't remember if I applied CHSBHC or CBBE first when I first started adding mods. Part of why I want to start from scratch.... that and to learn/practice fiddling around with applying mods)

CHSBHC: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4888/?

XP32 Skeleton: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26800/?

HDT System for Heels: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36213/?

SkyUI: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?

SKSE:http://skse.silverlock.org/

SexLab: http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v135-updated-0102/

Also, in the CBBE link above, it describes Caliente's Texture Blender (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5737/?), is this redundant to anything like Body slider 2 or any functions in the above links? I'm assuming no because it seems to add things onto textures as opposed to just changing proportions of body parts (what I assume Body Slider 2 does).

Before I posted this, I just started rocking CBBE with CHSBHC yesterday. I figured that before I went crazy with adding mods I'd get alittle bit of a better idea what my options are with those two body types (I figured that the stuff I listed in the original post pretty much boiled down to CBBE variants and UNP variants, but the clarification from you two has been super helpful). I'm getting some clipping with the top of the boots and the character's thigh. Gonna have to get and play around with bodyslide 2 and see if adjusting the thigh thickness will help. Also gonna have to get and experiment with Outfit studio.

Love the additional mod recommendations (definitely saw the SG female texture packs and ApachiiSkyHair were popular, glad to see they come highly recommended). Definitely going to look into LSAR, ApachiiSkyHair, Newmiller's work, and play around with some others.

Unp has the best textures imo and more realistic body shapes for the abdomen area imo. Also sometimes if you use Unpb or 7base instead the body will shink to unp if the armor was only converted for unp, don't take that as gospel though :shy:. Problems, it has a neck seam issue which I haven't a clue has been fixed by anyone yet which can cause some fuss sometimes with textures. But that can also occur as well with CBBE in other ways but I've not tested it enough to come across it's version of seam issues.

CBBE more customization and armors than maybe Unp, you can experiment with all sorts of body shapes with the right tools, also has a similar family of body shapes that Unp has in the bigger breast department certainly & far exceeds it too  :lol:

As for animations such as BBP or TBBP they should both come with them if you can find them easily enough. I tend to think CBBE has floppier boobs when enlarged to saft levels where Unp will loose it's shape drastically and start looking cubic. That choice will come down to personal taste, imo you need bodies to be alive otherwise your just playing with stick/puppet characters from the early 00's.

I always liked UNP over CBBE, just 'cause it looks way more realistic, while cbbe is more of a plastic doll looking body which by the way is what makes UNP so inmersive to me.

-From a psychological perspective, way before I'd rather have CBBE just because of big boobs and everything else. I was in such a great pain, my human psyche was suffering great detriment regarding my sensibilty and environmental recognition , which is why I needed boobs twice as big to even recognise them as disctintive human female characteritic, while otherwise I wouldn't feel anything by looking at them, virtual or not, this female characters were just an objet to calm my suffering as an escape from myself, lowering them at an animal level to equal my broken ego, which talks a lot about a part of myself, yes, I was a pathetic, weak selfish person. As medium of expression, any sexual orientated act, included games. I used skyrim "willingly" to ease my suffering. A terrible mistake indeed.

Now that I'm healed up, my psyche has its sensibility back again, so I'm starting to care and recognize female body characteristics that I didn't really care about backthen, such as the whole body, natural beauty and harmony, to admire, not to destroy, which is one of the reasons I like UNP a lot more. While some time ago everything was about boobs and asses.  I started to care about my character, the lore and the rpg elements once again.  Though still I've a lot to get better at.

-From a visual/simpliscti/customization perspective I'd recommend you my settings, which are XPMS skeleton +UNP/UNPB/TBBP + ECE which I discovered recently and it's amazing 'cause it allows you to customize your character's body nearly as close as you'dlike it to be, to look as natural or exaggerated as you want it, legs, arms, torso head size and shape plus skin and hair color of your taste (it has a freaking slider palette of colors) Everything  just by "showracemenuing" from in-game, it's great for people like me, which mod handling skills are certainly lacking at. And last but not least, every UNPB armor I've tested so far, has auto-reshaped into my custom UNPB ECE body shape. I wasn't expecting that for sure!

-From a looking/aesthetic perpective I like most UNP armors and outfits over what CBBE has to offer.  Besides it has the greater high-heels collection if CBBE has any, although not really sure about it, since most high-heels are kind of lore-breaking to me, except but not by far for df t33 boots, my fauvorite ones.

-SG hair collection is by far the best hair collection you're gonna find, of course it's from my own perspective.

-Run/walk animations. I'm currently using dragonfly's ones aside with the boob graving standing animation + Havok hdt equippable object along with HDT plugins to add some physics. Yeah, in a harsh environment such as skyrim, a Nord woman as daring and strong as any other male warrior, if not mightier... walking like a high couture model and behaving like a whore as she stands still after killing dragons? "One part of myself says "Mmm, so very sexy" Another part of my self says "What the freak are you doing right now? Grow up kid" Though they're preety good looking If you don't mind about behavior coherence with TES lore. Though I'm still looking for some lore-friendly good-looking animations.

-If you're into piercings. Newmiller's ones might fit your needs. Look it up in Nexus. Besides he has many others fetish kind of looking oufits aswell.

-Tatoo mods are plentyful in Nexus, just try out with the search tool, since this is more an artistic taste matter.

Apologies for my english, it isn't my first language.

Thanks again for the new responses. I think after I get this CBBE/CHSBHC back up and running to a point where I like it, I'm gonna then try out a UNP (or variant of it) mod loadout, because I do like alot of what I see from that, and nothing but positive remarks. I think I read that the Mod Organizer can store two profiles, I'm assuming that would be a way to toggle which loadout I wanna use (CBBE/UNP)?

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

It surprised me that Dream Girl was not mentioned. Here are my thoughts on the body mods I've tried:

CBBE and all variants - Lots of content, but the body looks strange and cartoonish, which is off-putting to me.

UNP and all variants - Lots of content, and the body is more realistic, but it suffers from deformation issues and visual problems (such as the buttocks).

7Base - It has the same cartoonish problem as CBBE, but with less content. No-thanks.

Dream Girl - The body is similar to UNP as it represents somewhat more realistic proportions, but it is a very high quality compared to the other bodies, with no deformation problems that I have seen, nor any problems on the model. However, while it does have good textures (someone ported SG textures), the body doesn't get the attention it deserves and doesn't have much for content.

I sacrificed content for body quality, and so I use dream girl.

My take.

CBBE/CHSBHC.  Strengths: 1) Lowest performance impact due to minimized vertices.  2) Appealing hourglass shape - not realistic per se, but arguably more appealing than a realistic approach could have afforded.  3) CBBE is popular to Westerners, which carries over in useful ways, such as BodySlide2 support, and being the first pick for Vaginas of Skyrim.  (The latter of which I find highly ironic.)  CHSBHC is popular to the Japanese, which means it gets a heck of a lot of the best clothes.  Weaknesses: 1) Lowest vertex count of any non-vanilla model.  2) Breasts have an inflated, anti-gravity look to them.  (Could be a plus, too.)  3) Arguably "big-boned" compared to most other models, which wouldn't matter if this was a male body, but...

UNP/UNPB/UNPBO.  Strengths: 1) Better realism, assuming that's worthy of consideration.  UNPBO, for example, is the "more realistic" counterpart to CHSBHC.  2) More attractive and feminine proportions - narrower shoulders, more appealing trapezius, stuff like that.  3) Huge advantage in detail; literally twice as many vertices.  An important aspect of this model's first two advantages.  4) The second most popular model, so it gets its fair share of clothing and whatnot.  Even UNPBO, a newcomer, has a giant page full of armor conversions devoted to it.  Weaknesses: 1) Since it is #2, it often misses out where it counts, as with the examples I listed for CBBE.  2) The realistic approach can be a disadvantage; I personally find CBBE's hips to be more attractive.  *Note: There's is also UNPC, a wide-hips variant with little support.

Other:

SevenBase has a fatal flaw: The breasts are suspended in a permanent "push up" state.  Not going to say this prevents the body from looking attractive - people were attracted to Lara Croft in the original Tomb Raider, right? - but it does kill it for me, when there are alternatives that aren't so flawed.  Also not a fan of what seems to be an intentional goal of masculinity.

Lady Body: Fairly new contender.  Based on UNP.  I like the arms, which are much thinner and more feminine than any other CBBE/UNP variant.  I do not like the hips, which take the already dubious UNP hips and run with them, essentially inventing a bonus pair of hips.  Almost no support, and the body itself seems to be in considerable flux, complicating things.

Dream Girl: Built from scratch.  By far the most squeaky-clean detail.  A sight to behold.  Really makes one wish it had surfaced two years ago so we'd all be using DG / DGB / DGO and little else.  As it stands, too new, too little support, maybe even too late to matter (although I currently plan to use it for my NPCs).  It's also a bit low on the vertex count.  (Let me stress that while I strongly favor this body for its unadulterated purity, the fact of the matter is that it has everyday proportions and that is frankly not what I, or indeed most people, really want in their video game female avatar.  That is why I say things like DGBlessed and DGOppai.)

The vertex count is important.  For starters, minimal-vertex bodies like CBBE/etc. do not hold up well under close scrutiny.  Many sharp corners.  Then there's the issue of modification.  If you want to change certain aspects of a minimal-vertex model - say, by inflating the breasts, or fine-tuning the shape of the nipples - you will very quickly suffer the consequences of minimal vertices.  New vertices don't get shoved in there just because you want to fiddle with the model in a slider.

Personally I have to admit I'm disappointed that there is no clear-cut winner.  I naively expected the most popular and current RPG on the planet to pretty much have the perfect body just waiting for me, especially coming fresh off the comparatively less popular New Vegas where I ultimately played with this superior body (sorry, no ENB):

fonvchar2.jpg

Texture is a custom job.  Ignore the face; I was having trouble with tints at the time, and this screenshot was really more an effort to pin down the problem.

Whoever put that together knew their stuff.  If nothing else, I expect I will need to transplant her nipples over to one of Skyrim's bodies, barring an acceptable alternative solution.

UNP isnt realistic, or at least, more realistic than CBBE. However, since that body came out, people has repeated the mantra 'UNP is more realistic than CBBE', I think because the shape of the original UNP includes an interesting combo of chubby arms with old lady tits. Also because it's default textures includes a normal map with more defined abdomen. However since you can put the texture you want (cartoon-ish or realistic) in both body types, I think the discussion reduces maninly to outfits compatible (although now with Outfit Studio that's a less important question) and bodyslide support to actually create your own body and armors for it, and it that matter, CBBE is 99% dominant at the moment. UNP has almost twice the vertices, so maybe for very close up screenshots UNP based bodies are a little better, and CBBE gets you a little better performance in return, however in both cases the number of vertices are multiplied over plane surfaces so doesn't add detail then in game, where the post processing eliminates the 'angled' spikes and hi res normal maps covers all the shape.

Also diferent philosophy, UNP has like one million variants, each one with its own requirements, for each Call of Duty game, UNP releases 10 new bodies, that makes over 10.000 new UNP bodies each week. On the other hand, CBBE has virtually infinite shapes (presets in Bodyslide) and fully transferable to your bodyslide armors/clothes. Remains proper variants like CHBSCH, CBBE Slim, v3, and stuff like that, from the pre-bodyslide era but that's isnt quite the CB style.

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

Let me stress that while I strongly favor this body for its unadulterated purity, the fact of the matter is that it has everyday proportions and that is frankly not what I, or indeed most people, really want in their video game female avatar.  That is why I say things like DGBlessed and DGOppai

Speak for yourself all you want - I don't think it's fair to say "indeed most people". Speaking for myself alone, I am not attracted to large breasts, fat butts, but rather more subtle things such as waist-hip ratio and various shapely odds and ends. In fact, the picture you have at the end of your post is profoundly unattractive to me. There aren't exactly surveys on what men who download skyrim mods prefer, and the endorsement numbers on the nexus deviate too much to draw any conclusions, so it isn't fair for me to claim most men prefer realism, nor for you to claim the contrary.

I originally got UNP not because I wanted a sexier character body (I actually played a male character, in fact, until I tried a female character out of curiosity, therefore discovering why people prefer them), but because of things taking me out of the game such as taking forsworn armor to discover they're wearing a religious level of underwear, or finding that every fully armored female bandit has inexplicably decided to wear a bra (???). 

So, for me, I'd really like to see modders give some love to realism. That's why I stuck with dream girl in the end - for me, it's the best looking body. It's proportionally slightly more accurate than UNP, but the quality is blatantly superior. 

On the other hand, CBBE has virtually infinite shapes (presets in Bodyslide) and fully transferable to your bodyslide armors/clothes. Remains proper variants like CHBSCH, CBBE Slim, v3, and stuff like that, from the pre-bodyslide era but that's isnt quite the CB style.

Very true that CBBE is the most tweakable - however, no amount of tweaking saves the body for me. There are two many quirks and errors in the models for me. 

Back on topic - The lack of content for Dream Girl doesn't actually bother me much at all. When I was using UNP, I found that I could have a thousand armor mods but ended up only using one or two, specifically the Eisen Platte Armor. So, when I switched to dream girl, I found the same result - The lack of content for Dream Girl still ended up being more than I'd ever use on a single character, and, more importantly, no UNP armors are good looking enough for me to sacrifice the quality of the Dream Girl Body to use them. Even more important than the model for dream girl is that the weighting of the mesh is excellent. As a hobby animator, things like an arm twisting in an impossible way because of an oversight in an attacking animation drive me up the wall. 

On a side note, I've found that non-skimpy UNP armors work fine on dream girl, as the shape is similar. 
I modified Hmmm what to wear so that the armor masking uses the dream girl body instead of the UNP one with great success as long as I don't try to use skin-tight clothing pieces such as pants.

In fact, the picture you have at the end of your post is profoundly unattractive to me. 

Because there's an untold number of things WRONG with the pic, and it's not the body either. The flat lighting (fault of the engine) for example makes it impossible to see wtf is going on with the body. . . . just for starters.

Actually I'm kind of surprised that no one mentioned body mods from previous Bethesda games.

CBBE+ - low vertex count, strange, unrealistic and fantasy-like proportions, but good selection of sizes, textures and armors/clothing
UNP+ - impressive vertex count, slightly more realistic proportions, good selection of sizes, textures and armors/clothing;
            still, mesh surface details lacking and masked by texture painted details, breasts kind of saggy, etc.

Dream Girl - a significant step forward in Skyrim; mid vertex count, realistic proportions and superior weight painting; unfortunately, only 2 sets of textures and hardly any                         armors/clothing; if not the proportions and lack of their customization through bodyslide, I would be using Dream Girl!

However, when it comes to mesh details all of the above simply pale in comparison to the body models from Fallout 3/F:NV and Oblivion:

Type3/Type6/Type6M - mid vertex count, highly realistic proportions, good model details, fair set of textures and good selection of clothing/armors

HGEC - THE body mod; completely unrealistic proportions, but model details superior to all of the Skyrim models, which simply fills me with sadness; so much time has passed and yet modders would not reproduce that or anything similar :(

Therefore, I decided to make a relatively big effort and pieced together UNP elements with the main body of HGEC to make something called HGECR. I personally recommend this body as it uses UNP textures and has very good abdomen details :).

Let me stress that while I strongly favor this body for its unadulterated purity, the fact of the matter is that it has everyday proportions and that is frankly not what I, or indeed most people, really want in their video game female avatar.  That is why I say things like DGBlessed and DGOppai

Speak for yourself all you want - I don't think it's fair to say "indeed most people". 

Wasn't trying to offend, friend.  I based my conclusion on the fact that about 80% of all armors are available for large-breasted meshes, about half are only available on such meshes, and indeed some 99% of all screenshots exhibit such proportions.  I felt it was less a point of contention and more a matter of record.

That's why I stuck with dream girl in the end - for me, it's the best looking body. It's proportionally slightly more accurate than UNP, but the quality is blatantly superior. 

Well, that and it doesn't feature atypical measurements, right?  My main grief with CBBE isn't specifically with its roughshod refinement but more that it is too stocky; too many Neanderthal genes or something. ;p  UNP steps away from that, slightly.  Dream Girl is certainly the highest-quality Skyrim mesh that I've seen thus far, but it accomplishes this with a painstakingly calculated minimization of vertices.  And not without sacrifice.  The small of the back, for example, rather than being a smooth pit, is instead a sharply-cornered V shape.  Same with the abdomen above the navel.  To a somewhat lesser extent, it shares CBBE's shortcomings when it comes to scrutinizing closeups.  And whenever somebody produces a "blessed" rendition of DG, unless they go out of their way to introduce more vertices, it'll just be CHSBHC / Manga Body all over again.

The lack of content for Dream Girl doesn't actually bother me much at all. When I was using UNP, I found that I could have a thousand armor mods but ended up only using one or two, specifically the Eisen Platte Armor. 

This is how it worked out for me and Type 3F in New Vegas.  The only armor for said model was pretty much the handful it came with, and I had to personally add breast bones to some of them, and re-do the conformations of others, but I ended up wearing not even all of that meager selection.

no UNP armors are good looking enough for me to sacrifice the quality of the Dream Girl Body to use them.

Whatever I end up with as my main character (NPCs will be DG) will pretty much have to be able to use Aradia's Lace Dress.  Chances are I'll be using some variant of that 99% of the time.  So if I have to convert it myself, so be it.

In fact, the picture you have at the end of your post is profoundly unattractive to me. 

Because there's an untold number of things WRONG with the pic, and it's not the body either. The flat lighting (fault of the engine) for example makes it impossible to see wtf is going on with the body. . . . just for starters.

Hey, I gave my disclaimers. ;p  It wasn't a shot I took in an attempt to show off the character.  I was trying to analyze what was wrong with the face tints.  Now that FONV is uninstalled, I can't go back in and take a better shot.

Here, best I can do:

type3f_nifskope_front.jpgtype3f_nifskope_back.jpgtype3f_nifskope_back2.jpg

For many reasons, I feel this model edges out anything available in Skyrim.

I'm gonna try and be neutral on this topic... If you want to see some really wonderful screenshots of any and all body sizes all you have to do is look in the "show your Skyrim counterpart" section here on the lab... there are hundreds of pics of some really gorgeous characters!!! maybe that could help you decide on a body mod. except for the first couple of posts that actually describe the characteristics of the two body types... CBBE and UNP (everything is a version of one of the two) its all opinion and the one that matters the most is yours :P ... Peace, be well and have a wonderful Skyrim Experience.

agree with blabba, with outfit studio and mod organize you can have any type of body any time you wanna, when im tired of cbbe i just change to dreamgirl and use bodyslide 2 to change the desired armor i wanna use at dreamgirl (i kinda sucks at that, no tbbp /cry, and alot clipping, but still learning) and hes (blabba ) alredy made great tutorials here : http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials-added-tpsb/

Hey, I gave my disclaimers. ;p  It wasn't a shot I took in an attempt to show off the character.  I was trying to analyze what was wrong with the face tints.  Now that FONV is uninstalled, I can't go back in and take a better shot.

Here, best I can do:

This body imo trumps CBBE with it's waist, hips and ass, it could do with a little upper hip definition (idea of hip bone) though not to the point of having the shelf that CBBE unfortunately has.

Though despite the hips, ass and extreme hour glass figure of the CBBE (waist way to narrow for waist to hip ratio), it is my preferred current choice for what's available in Skyrim....UNP though pretty good in shape is just far to under fed in appearance for my liking....Dream Girl has a good hip to waist ratio, but is too severely limited in breast size options....imo anyway... :P

This body imo trumps CBBE with it's waist, hips and ass, it could do with a little upper hip definition (idea of hip bone) though not to the point of having the shelf that CBBE unfortunately has.

The absence of a jutting hipbone was, I am confident, a deliberate conceit on the artist's part.  (Probably one aspect of why they elected to call their model "Type 3 Fetish".)  They smoothed it out, just like pretty much every other aspect of this mesh, and I can't really disagree with that decision because I personally cannot claim to find obvious hipbones attractive.

Apart from the breasts / nipples in particular (this is my #1 hangup with Skyrim's body options), one thing I like about this mesh is the feminine arms.  Almost all Skyrim bodies feature masculine arms.  The only exception I can point to is Lady Body, which really is a good body, but is basically like if you took Dream Girl, fixed the arms, but then added what I can only call love handles.  Obviously you'd still be stuck with a limited range of breast size. ;p

Though despite the hips, ass and extreme hour glass figure of the CBBE (waist way to narrow for waist to hip ratio), it is my preferred current choice for what's available in Skyrim....UNP though pretty good in shape is just far to under fed in appearance for my liking....Dream Girl has a good hip to waist ratio, but is too severely limited in breast size options....imo anyway... :P

If you use ECE for character generation there's a waist size slider, shoulder scale, butt scale and leg length/size scale. Using these with UNP bodies (especially the base UNP version with it's realistic mammaries that have slightly upswept nipples! :D) makes for the most realistic bodies you'll ever find, including those from Oblivion or Fallout. Using muscular or "softer" normal map textures can also change the appearance quite a bit.

"Apart from the breasts / nipples in particular (this is my #1 hangup with Skyrim's body options), one thing I like about this mesh is the feminine arms.  Almost all Skyrim bodies feature masculine arms.  The only exception I can point to is Lady Body, which really is a good body, but is basically like if you took Dream Girl, fixed the arms, but then added what I can only call love handles.  Obviously you'd still be stuck with a limited range of breast size. ;p "

You can change how thick the arms and such are during character creation. Just an FYI. I know that you didn't get those options in Oblivion or Fallout, though, so in those games you were stuck choosing a body that had the characteristics you wanted (like thinner arms, for example). That just isn't the case with Skyrim character generation, though. Character creation is far, far superior in Skyrim compared to earlier titles from Bethesda (as evidenced in the show your character threads).

You can change how thick the arms and such are during character creation. Just an FYI.

Fair enough... as long as the armor designed to fit that body responds to those changes accordingly.  (I honestly don't know; my guess is basically a Schrodinger's cat at this stage.)

I know that you didn't get those options in Oblivion or Fallout, though, so in those games you were stuck choosing a body that had the characteristics you wanted (like thinner arms, for example). That just isn't the case with Skyrim character generation, though. Character creation is far, far superior in Skyrim compared to earlier titles from Bethesda (as evidenced in the show your character threads).

Nipples remain a sore spot. ;p  It has been exhaustively proven that even BodySlide2 is not capable of enabling a particular nipple shape if it's not already part of the body.  And the only Skyrim body that has "puffy" nipples is the highly dubious Manga Body... which I may end up choosing. :/  It's inexplicable, and maybe a little enraging, that my upgrade to Skyrim necessitates a downgrade in character model.