Wolves, Bears, etc will not attack

gooser

I've got an level 37 character who for some reason, just recently, will not get attacked by any "forest" creatures, wolves, bears, sabre tooths, etc.

I haven't started the Companions quest.

I was using SkyTest - Realistic Animals and Predators and suspected that, but have installed that mod and am still seeing the behavior, with a clean save, waiting x days in game, etc. I thought it was the documented "Ai Disabled Bug" but I couldn't clear the problem by running into the creatures. Even attacking them they remained non-hostile up until a certain point.

I've tried removing my self from various factions (Creature Faction, Wolf Faction, Spriggan Predator,  etc) using player.addfac <factionid> -1, but no changes. 

I wish there was a way to "edit" a save and point to a flag or switch, and be able to say "Eureka!" but I don't think that even exists for faction editing (and I"m not sure its even a faction problem). I've tried poking around the CK with little progress.

Any help is appreciated!

I think your problem lies in the Predator Faction. That's the faction to control all those animals you mention they are friendly.

Type help "predator" in console, and use player.removefromfaction PredatorFactionID. That command you are using does nothing to remove, only to add "-1" rank to your factions.

Btw,

when I tried "help predator" i actually see two predator factions:

2e893 Predator Faction

3e093 Sprigan Predator Faction

d263e Friends With PredatorFaction

6600c74 Predator Faction

Not sure if that is an indication of a problem...

Good thought. But no I did not (I find that tiresome). Plus I did the initial main quest up to Hrothgar a lonnggg time ago (probably 1 week in real world time).

I was able to restore proper behavior by loading an older clean save. Oh well. Price of a heavily modded system with lots of SL experimentation!

Archived