Divinity : Original Sin

dje34

Do you guys remember the good old days ? When RPGs did have an important story and your choices were really important for the next step ?

Check this : http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/ and tell me what you guys think about it.

I already have my own opinion, even if I hate being excited before a game is released because I'm always disappointed when I play it (except GTA but it's the only exception) I have to say I AM VERY EXCITED !!!!!!  :D

Played the entire series to date :)

Pretty good series but some of the missions in Divinity II were stupidly ass long!

So you played Divinity : Dragon Commander ?

I played it, but it got very boring the longer I played it (to much real life problems thrown in). But I think Angry Joe summed it up quite good.

• 2 months later...

Do you guys remember the good old days ? When RPGs did have an important story and your choices were really important for the next step ?

Well, how long past are these good old days actually? Because my days only get back up to Baldurs Gate and stuff, and since then all the games claimed to have "important" decisions, though really it didn't matter too much, even in BG2 and the likes. And before that? Can't judge, but many of those games seemed to be focused on battles as well, not really on "decisions", and the story hast to go some laid-out plan anyway...so...

So, even in Divinity's case I don't give much about the marketing stuff ... heard that almost every time in a lot of games and genres...

But before you hate me, I am having that game marked on my list as well, but I don't believe it is automatically the best RPG ever made, nor before I have played this... :)

Well, how long past are these good old days actually? Because my days only get back up to Baldurs Gate and stuff, and since then all the games claimed to have "important" decisions, though really it didn't matter too much, even in BG2 and the likes. And before that? Can't judge, but many of those games seemed to be focused on battles as well, not really on "decisions", and the story hast to go some laid-out plan anyway...so...

So, even in Divinity's case I don't give much about the marketing stuff ... heard that almost every time in a lot of games and genres...

But before you hate me, I am having that game marked on my list as well, but I don't believe it is automatically the best RPG ever made, nor before I have played this... :)

You're right ! But seeing how these people work and their references (Ultima VII, BG1&2, Fallout 2, etc.) makes me think they are on the right way to make an EPIC CRPG ! I hope they will !

And they will release the toolkit as well, meaning even if the main quest isn't really good, the game experience can be improved a lot by designers/modders/developers/users, and afaik it is a well made toolkit ! But let's not get excited too early, time will tell. ;)

This game looks very cool and promising. Hope they can make it good.

(Dragon commander also seems very cool. I should definitely try it out.)

The last thing I read about D:OS makes me think this game could be CRPG of The Year or CRPG of The Decade ! But once again let them release it and we'll see !

I need "more" informations about that game, yes, I really liked the first and second part, but I dont want to wake wrong imagination in me about that game. Since Aliens: Colonial Marines

.... yes I bought that shit....  I keep the games longer time in the eyes, before I buy them.

I need "more" informations about that game, yes, I really liked the first and second part, but I dont want to wake wrong imagination in me about that game. Since Aliens: Colonial Marines

.... yes I bought that shit....  I keep the games longer time in the eyes, before I buy them.

I understand, I bought FarCry 3 and Hitman Absolution, and even if they are not as bad as Aliens : Colonial Marines, when I played them the first time I was really sick of how much I paid for these games. And I read somewhere these games were awesome ! Who the fuckin fuck wrote that shit about Hitman Absolution ! To me it's just mainstream marketing to buy games made for being bought and nothing else.

Hope fully there are mods for FC3 ! And hopefully there is Blood Dragon ! At least Ubisoft graphics and physics engines have been useful for 1 game !

But the thing is that big companies are not involved in D:OS, it even had a kickstarter campaign to implement and create all the things included in this game, I don't think it will be a bad game, at least not a game meant to get bought only.

• 2 months later...

Honestly, I'm feed up with top down rpgs ;p

I would rather see it more like ego dragoins and there you could transform to a dragon

Yes, fucking dragon ;D

Shame that it wasn't transformation on demand ;p

That mechanic didn't really work too well IMO, since enemies for human and dragon forms were separate; they couldn't attack the other form. The flying fortresess especially, it could have made for interesting tactical situation if you had to plan how take out the defense towers and ground troops. Oh well, still cooler to fly around instead of walking or riding :lol:

And the

was awesome :cool:

Keeping an eye out for Original Sin, but not especially excited about it :shrug:

Looks like the Early Access is 20% off on the first day of the Steam Summer Sale. Tempting...

and since i'm not good at resisting i bought it. It's surprisingly good up to now. It's kind of slow, last encounter was a half anhour boss fight, but nevertheless a lot of fun. I have about 20 hours play time up to now and think i'm close to ent of beta content. There are indicators in the game that this could be 10 to 20 percent of the planned content but it's also stated the content may change so my guess might be wrong but i doubt i will regret buying whatever the final version will be. Biggest surprise was a global in game chat also available in a single player campaign. I thought what a stupid idea but it works very well and i use it quite often for example to discuss strategies for the tough fights.

Anyone know if there's a mod site up for this game yet? Don't see a steam workshop and even if they do make one the kind of mods people here are mostly concerned with will likely not be there. Also nothing on the nexus.

Also this game is great, needs a bit of patching to clear up the incessant npc banter and could probably do with a manual but otherwise it's awesome.

Anyone know if there's a mod site up for this game yet? Don't see a steam workshop and even if they do make one the kind of mods people here are mostly concerned with will likely not be there. Also nothing on the nexus.

Also this game is great, needs a bit of patching to clear up the incessant npc banter and could probably do with a manual but otherwise it's awesome.

They opened the Steam workshop and there is a ModDb page available: http://www.moddb.com/games/divinity-original-sin

Also they just made the game manual available online.

Can't seem to find any of the murder evidence in the town. So i just went outside to kill the undead, maybe you-know-who's missing you-know-what is among them :P

I like the combat system. And the combat music too.

Can't seem to find any of the murder evidence in the town. So i just went outside to kill the undead, maybe you-know-who's missing you-know-what is among them :P

I like the combat system. And the combat music too.

How far are you in the murder mystery quest?  I myself am currently stumped, but that's what I love about this game.  No hand holding.:)

Archived