Divinity : Original Sin

dje34

Yes i can agree the game can be a bit tough sometimes.....And the story tends to progress slowly but more you play more become amazing... Also is a game that force you to use the brain many friend of mine was not even aware that...

Warm..Wet..Chilled status can be used like an advantage during battle..

Finished. About 60 hours, finished most quests I came across.

As I've said searching for tinny little buttons can get annoying, high perception helps but you still have to hump the walls, puzzle solutions are usually in books or npcs, trial and error also works I did it with weight increments in some puzzle must have missed something or maybe that was the idea. Came across some quests items by pure luck such as a scroll that I dug up which I only found because of high perception the location was probably told somewhere and quests have multiple solutions but it still feels like luck and not skill. Some consistency problems with teleporting mechanics, stuff I did before didn't work now and viice versa.

Combat is good and you can cheese it with barrels if you wish, I'd pay attention to what stats the items need and plan accordingly, then it's finding as much damage as you can standard deal, also resists are important with the elemental gameplay it's not very hard to have them all at 50% by mid game. Any paralyzing skill to block the enemies next turn is a good idea, I used ice alot.

Story is nothing above and beyond but the characters along the way make for a fine journey, never really felt bored or roled my eyes while reading what they had to say. Controls feel a bit more slugish than what I'm used to making for a more slowly paced gameplay. Fantasy styled music fits pretty well and is good listen to it on youtube if you don't mind spoiling that part of the experience.

Last game that came close to this experience was Dragon Age I think but this is much more of call back to older titles like BG, Ice wind, etc... Overall pretty good.

Guest kimbale

I've got it too, been playing a little.

Does anyone know what the damn licensing is for the granny3d SDK? It's the only part i still need to make some stuff for it... :D

Larians Mod support guy is making scripts for export. S'gonna be some glorious stuff coming....

• 1 month later...

Ummm... Seems I'm stuck... The magician house is a bit tricky... I'm missing something... And these huge stone statues and deadly traps in the Knight's Hall don't help !

Yes, this game is giving my brain a hard time ! And if cheating is not your thing, some battles just can't be won ! A real challenge ! I'll try a couple more hours to find a way to get rid of these problems and if I can't... I'll get my revenge by kicking 20 guards' asses !

Ummm... Seems I'm stuck... The magician house is a bit tricky... I'm missing something... And these huge stone statues and deadly traps in the Knight's Hall don't help !

Yes, this game is giving my brain a hard time ! And if cheating is not your thing, some battles just can't be won ! A real challenge ! I'll try a couple more hours to find a way to get rid of these problems and if I can't... I'll get my revenge by kicking 20 guards' asses !

Light the candles upstairs.

Well, got tired to check the house, so I cleaned the whole village up ! There is now 0 living soul... except out of town, near the farms where stands Arhu-the-lvl20-guy-that-killed-my-whole-lvl16-team-in-2-turns-after-I-attacked-the-friendly-walking-dead-near-him-to-loot-its-stuff-!

Took me 3-4 hours but at least this side of the map is clear and I had fun and I have more money ! B)

And thanks for your help Mumin, do you have to guess it or is it said somewhere in game ?

And thanks for your help Mumin, do you have to guess it or is it said somewhere in game ?

Need to guess it I think. The same mechanic has been needed earlier in the Immaculate temple though.

Thanks ! Now I know why there were so many things I couldn't get done ! I completely missed that mechanic !

Archived