Outbreak Dev Take Two

Anon989

Summary:
Outbreak is an adult oriented FPS and TPS (First Person and Third Person) survival experience that takes place within a sandbox style environment. In Outbreak you will guide your female player character through the planet Korhal, which is in the midst of a massive viral outbreak that is turning it's citizens into monsters. Amidst the destruction you must do your best to survive the violent and sex crazed zombies that now roam about the planet.

Unlike games such as DayZ and the likes, this is a single player game first and foremost (at least for now). So to compensate for the lack of player driven content/events our goal is to have a number of npc event's and goals for the player to play with or work toward. Also unlike most single player games, there will be multiple ways of completing the game, each unlocking more content for you to explore. This could be a new area or an additional ending for you to see. There will still be a "Main" plot for those who want to stick to the primary story, but similar to games like Skyrim or Oblivion this is not forced on the players to complete it in order to experience all of the game.

Since this is a shooter, you can expect to see guns and melee weaponry in the game. Ammo will be scarce, so knowing when to stick to the use of melee weapons will be key. To further compound things, fire arms will be disabled by High Security zones which block their use while the player is within them. To circumvent this, you may acquire Black Market weapons which use expensive and much rarer ammo.

On the Topic of gameplay, not only will you have to utilize concepts such as stealth and fighting, but you will need to ensure your character stays fed and if enabled, keep tabs on their bathroom time as well. Unlike most Zombie games, your character is not immune to the virus, nor will your game end if they succumb to it. This lets you have the chance to play as the infected as you spread the virus to new victims.

To help ease your burdens, your character will be able to grow and level up. Allowing each character to specialize in certain skills to help them succeed in the field. Also unique upgrades can be found by exploring the Corruption and Tech paths, which are earned by simply finding/buying the upgrades for the Tech path and choosing certain "darker" actions for the Corruption path.

The Development Team and Engine Details:
Wisdomcube - aka Me, I do most of the PR stuff, and atm I'm doing a large majority of the work here on the game.

Anon01 - aka our part time coder

Anon02 - aka our part time assistant writer

MD - aka our Primary Coder

Engine Stuff

• Originally started as a UDK3 project, has since moved to UE4 however.
  • UDK (Unreal Development Kit), UE4 (Unreal Engine 4)
  • 360 Gamepad Compatible

More Information available here on my Blog:

http://gcftg.blogspot.com/2014/12/outbreak.html

Update:

Remade the base meshes for the male + female bodies. Taking it to zbrush next tomorrow so I can begin sculpting out the bodies.

Also quick note, programing/larger updates will be happening on weekends only (That's when we're getting together to work on this), but I'll still be keeping things moving on my own throughout the week with my random bits and pieces. Not really something too major, just thought I'd point it out in case anyone was interested.

Random Side Question:

Any Dark Souls PC players here? I'm curious as to what's going to happen there once they shut down GFWL? I checked the steam forums and no one seems to have a clue. I just started getting into that again, would hate to lose it lol.

Update:

Remade the base meshes for the male + female bodies. Taking it to zbrush next tomorrow so I can begin sculpting out the bodies.

Also quick note, programing/larger updates will be happening on weekends only (That's when we're getting together to work on this), but I'll still be keeping things moving on my own throughout the week with my random bits and pieces. Not really something too major, just thought I'd point it out in case anyone was interested.

Random Side Question:

Any Dark Souls PC players here? I'm curious as to what's going to happen there once they shut down GFWL? I checked the steam forums and no one seems to have a clue. I just started getting into that again, would hate to lose it lol.

Dark Souls PC here, no new yet but i think when it shuts down, steam will likely swoop in and make an update to it so it uses its online type thingy on it, or maybe something else.

Ah Windows Live, yes hopefully games using it make a switch.

Now then you said zombie style outbreak, can you give us more details on this?

Also how far into customization are you hoping for?

Will the game have an 'ending' or just be on going?

Why UDK 3 and not something else?

1. For Extra details, check the blog for more stuff, if you did that and are still questioning what's going on, I can go more into detail here if you're interested.
  2. Customization plans/info check here: http://obdbtt.blogspot.com/2013/12/you-hero.html
  3. The Outbreak mode will feature several different ends that you can reach depending on who you help/what you do. Though you could just keep on going if you wanted to I suppose.
  4. Why UDK 3? Well to be honest we'd all love to be using UDK 4 (Would really make my Coders happy since it switched to a more conventional programming language instead of UDK 3's unreal script), but there is still no free one for us non-professional devs to use. I guess we could've used the Source Engine (As I used to mod/map quite a bit for it), but UDK was something I wanted to learn and things kinda moved forward from there.

Also thanks a lot for all the info on Dark Souls you guys, happy to hear there's a good chance of steam picking it up. I've been way too addicted to it lately, it's really eating up my time lol. Especially with all the PVP going down in Anor Londo, it's great.

Good to see the development in this is still underway, as I still daydream of being able to play this. Are you still going with the 'Weakened, wacked to the ground, dragged to a 'rape spot' and raped-unless-you-break-free' format? That was one of my favorite features, along with first person view.

I know these may be weird but/already answered.

Will there be pubic hair/choices?

What about a prostitute background? (Maybe that could've been done in that custom choice I saw)

What about accessories slots? (Tech gadgets or something to aid/doom players?)

Just what exactly will the Adult features/goodies be? Where will you push the limits to?

Will it be open open world (all open no loading to enter buildings or settlements) or just open world (still loading those kind of areas and parts of the world that may be sectioned off by cliffs/mountains/rocks/ruins)?

What kind of environments can we expect to explore?

Singleplayer, co-op, multiplayer?

Any character switching or are we the same person throughout the playthrough?

What will the main point of view be and can we switch between views also in those rapes will our view be locked to a certain one?

Do we build relationships with people or just gain trust from factions?
Does being with certain factions cause problems with others?

Damn IRL issues came up and kinda killed me over the last week or so but I'm back now lol.

Good to see the development in this is still underway, as I still daydream of being able to play this. Are you still going with the 'Weakened, wacked to the ground, dragged to a 'rape spot' and raped-unless-you-break-free' format? That was one of my favorite features, along with first person view.

Yeah for the most part, not all enemies will drag ya though. We agreed that after some testing, that if every enemy dragged you away, it started to lose the effect and get kinda annoying lol. Still though like I said earlier, there will still be baddies that like to take you away, just not nearly as many compared to before.

I know these may be weird but/already answered.

Will there be pubic hair/choices?

What about a prostitute background? (Maybe that could've been done in that custom choice I saw)

What about accessories slots? (Tech gadgets or something to aid/doom players?)

Just what exactly will the Adult features/goodies be? Where will you push the limits to?

Will it be open open world (all open no loading to enter buildings or settlements) or just open world (still loading those kind of areas and parts of the world that may be sectioned off by cliffs/mountains/rocks/ruins)?

What kind of environments can we expect to explore?

Singleplayer, co-op, multiplayer?

Any character switching or are we the same person throughout the playthrough?

What will the main point of view be and can we switch between views also in those rapes will our view be locked to a certain one?

Do we build relationships with people or just gain trust from factions?
Does being with certain factions cause problems with others?

Ok..speed round is a go:

1. Possibly, I'd like to do it, and it is noted in the future plans for the character editor
  2. Rebel is kinda the whore background atm, but I'd be happy to add more unique/specialized backgrounds as we get the others done
  3. We are actually debating that atm, I was personally leaning towards a two slot setup for rings/accessories, but I have to wait until we all agree with it before I can say that's how it's going down
  4. Sex, Rape, Nudity, Transformation, Group Sex, Solo Sex, and possibly later "Toys" lol. Not too sure if that covers what you're asking, but feel free to explain a bit more if I missed it.
  5. Each area is going to be a one loading screen affair, unless you switch to another scene via one of the endings we have planned.
  6. For the list of environments we have planned, check out this link here: http://obdbtt.blogspot.com/2013/12/locations.html
  7. Initially Single Player Only, with plans for multiplayer later on
  8. You are the same character each time providing you don't make a new character
  9. FPS where you can see your body, and a TPS where you can see the whole character, and yeah you can switch whenever :)
  10. Yup, getting faction to like you/helping them are going to be the most common ways to complete each playthrough
  11. We do plan on closing doors when you kill/harm a faction, though there will be "ways" to earn their trust back in case you do

Update:

Camera is almost done now, we kept messing around with setups due to the limited number of buttons on the 360 controller. As a result of this the shoulder swapping in Third Person is out, you'll still be able to zoom in and out however to examine your character similar to Skyrim. Modeling wise, I've pushed forward only a bit so far due to IRL issues, but I'll be making a major dent in it tomorrow :)

I have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

Sex, Rape, Nudity, Transformation, Group Sex, Solo Sex, and possibly later "Toys" lol. Not too sure if that covers what you're asking, but feel free to explain a bit more if I missed it.

What kind of transformation(s) are we talking about here? Gender? Animal related? Zombie-related?

FPS where you can see your body

Does this also apply for animations or will they be 3rd person only?

We do plan on closing doors when you kill/harm a faction, though there will be "ways" to earn their trust back in case you do

I don't know if you're looking for input, but please, don't make it absurdly unrealistic (I.E. people won't realistically think "Well, sure, this guy killed my entire family and friends, but eh, I'l forgive him if he just kills more people from that other faction I hate."). Also, why not have some doors close permanently? Permanent consequences adds tension and immersion.

Anyway, this sounds like fun. I hope you finish it. :)

I have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.

Sex, Rape, Nudity, Transformation, Group Sex, Solo Sex, and possibly later "Toys" lol. Not too sure if that covers what you're asking, but feel free to explain a bit more if I missed it.

What kind of transformation(s) are we talking about here? Gender? Animal related? Zombie-related?

FPS where you can see your body

Does this also apply for animations or will they be 3rd person only?

We do plan on closing doors when you kill/harm a faction, though there will be "ways" to earn their trust back in case you do

I don't know if you're looking for input, but please, don't make it absurdly unrealistic (I.E. people won't realistically think "Well, sure, this guy killed my entire family and friends, but eh, I'l forgive him if he just kills more people from that other faction I hate."). Also, why not have some doors close permanently? Permanent consequences adds tension and immersion.

Anyway, this sounds like fun. I hope you finish it. :)

Zombie/Monster forms, some gender-ish stuff (Female to Herm). Closest you might get to animal forms would be a werewolf style infection that one of my coders really wants me to do lol. Though maybe some more Farm style ones depending on how I want a certain area to be plot wise. Still point being that you should expect a variety of stuff, though not as much Furry style action I guess.

Yup FPS Sex and TPS sex will be possible

Yeah thanks for the input, I'll try to make sure that certain actions do in fact close doors for ya. I just meant that if you find yourself harming a faction you really want to be a part of later on, then there may be ways to still get in with them providing you haven't done anything too serious.

Closest you might get to animal forms would be a werewolf style infection that one of my coders really wants me to do lol.

I'm not particularly into furry stuff, I was just curious. Don't go out of your way for my sake. :)

... providing you haven't done anything too serious.

That sounds wonderful. :)

Closest you might get to animal forms would be a werewolf style infection that one of my coders really wants me to do lol.

I'm not particularly into furry stuff, I was just curious. Don't go out of your way for my sake. :)

... providing you haven't done anything too serious.

That sounds wonderful. :)

Np, just like to try and help people get a clear idea of what we're going for. With the game so early in Dev, I'd hate for someone to confuse something and end up disappointed later on when things don't match up.

When testing comes up, I gladly raise my hand and two others! :)

It's likely a ways off, but thanks for the interest :)

Update:

Did some poking with the camera, and did some poking with a sound/light based detection system that I've been wanting to look into. Nothing too stable/complete to show yet however lol.

No updates this weekend, all three of my guys have gotten themselves sick with the flu or something. In the meantime, I'll be continuing to work on things, though nothing too major to report yet. Also very glad I was able to avoid whatever the hell got them all sick lol.

Sry about the lack of updates atm, my friends are feeling better, but I'm going to give them a break this weekend so I can avoid possibly getting sick from them (I'm just not willing to risk it lol).

Modeling wise I kinda died a bit after a bad windows updates caused me to have to do a reinstall of windows, during which I forgot to back up about 7hrs of work...Really broke my spirit with that one, but I'm going to finally get back to work on that today (I needed a few days off after that happened, too much anger lol). Also setup an automatic back up on an external hard drive so this will NOT ever happen again...

Oh before I forget, random question time for you guys:

You know I mentioned clothing destruction and such, but I have a quick debate for you guys to settle. We were discussing the topic of how destroyed said clothing should get.

1. My stance is that it should be damaged enough that you're exposed, but still retain enough clothing to where you could still see what you are wearing with a little effort.
  2. Both of my new guys think it should just damage the key areas (breasts, ass, genitals) to expose them but leave the majority of the other parts of said clothing intact.
  3. Final view of my friend/coder from before is that it should be in tatters. To the point where you can barely even tell what it once was. To shreds you might say lol.

Should note that this is in no ways urgent or anything, just curious what you guys think/like more.

Archived