Can't Generate bear.hkx

I completely reinstalled my game with everything set up on Mod Organizer instead of Nexus Mod Manager (terrible), and once i've finished my installation and ran FNIS I keep getting this error message.

I completely reinstalled the FNIS creature pack, but it didn't work. Any ideas?

Log

FNIS Behavior V4.1.1   1/5/2014 12:51:23 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim (Steam)
Generator: C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: XPMS (242 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"
Patch: * xp32's "Momo  Acrobatic Jump"

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading MomoAJ ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
Reading SexLabDefeat ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack ...( 6 furniture, 0 offset,<3> alternate animations)

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Generating mt_behavior xml ...
 1 GENDER modifications for Animations\male\
 103 GENDER modifications for Animations\female\
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...
ERROR(2012): Could not generate: bearcharacter.hkx

I'm trying to do this with MO as well, and as Kha says, if you do it multiple times it eventually picks all the animations. A bit of a pain in the ass, but is not like you need to update that too often...

Yeah, but when foregoing MO for FNIS is quicker and less of a pain in the ass, what's the point? It still works if you run FNIS from within MO, too.

strange i used MO to install FNIS and have had 0 problems

Same here... for a little while. Then I got the bear, behaviors, chaurus, canine... given the names I think it was going in alphabetical order when it found an issue.

To the above problem of having to load FNIS many times until it creates the creature behaviors, I think there's a solution already in MO that we (or at least I) hadn't noticed previously that I've noticed after doing a new mod reinstall and cleaning the old animations. I hadn't seen this plugin before in any FAQ or tutorial, so either is not too clearly featured or I just didn't see it.

In the Settings/Plugins menu, you'll notice a "FNIS Checker item". After toggling the options "enabled" and "sensitive" both to true and restarting MO, everytime I add any new animation related mod (including skeleton) I get a popup saying that I should use FNIS. After reinstalling all SexLab mods I use, I got this popup as expected, but when I ran FNIS, it created all the aniations without a single error, so this plugin seems to fix whatever that made FNIS not to work properly when used from the virtual Data folder. I still have FNIS installed from MO and now it seems to work fine.

I hope this helps.

Archived