Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

Hi gerra6!

I did several tests with this new update b.087.a using the same template body (UNPB-TBBP femalebody_1) and some different targets (UNPB-BBP only).

In my 1st test i used the Armored bikini that i used before but i got the following KeyErrors :

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/MeshRiggerb_87error4_zps884b16df.png

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/MeshRiggerb_87error5_zps291c72ba.png

The same happened in the 2nd test using Feathery Bikini cuirass (UNPB-BBP) :

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/MeshRiggerb_87error2_zpsbea33858.png

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/MeshRiggerb_87error3_zpsac4d63e9.png

After that I tried with the Feathery Bikini boots (only) and the process finished without any problem and all works fine in the game.

Also I did another test using the original 7BaseBomb as template and one 7BaseBomb made from a UNPB using UNP BodySlide just to copy weights and the process finished as well. 

Well, i hope that you can track down this new KeyError!   :-/

Hello. I'm trying to convert a female item to a male body, and was wondering which (if any) tool I should use, or if it needs to be done manually. The clothing converter worked, but it also sort of warped the item. The thing is I feel like the armor will fit, it's just the "limb markers" are in the wrong spot (so, for example, the arms are too close together on a male). Is this the sort of tool I could use to realign it? Sorry if the question doesn't really make sense, I'm still trying to research the terms and methodology.

I've been loving this tool for a while now, but when I tried using the newest version (0.87 I think) it doesn't do anything. It runs just like the previous versions, but there is no output, it closes before I can see any error, and there is nothing in the log. o.81 is still working beautifully for me though

Feature request . . . I think (=

lets take this outfit for example.

izXIOO3JIlNlk.jpg

how about an option to apply breast* bone weighting to exposed parts of the body mesh but NOT to the outfit or covered parts of the mesh?

I signed up just to download this program and I'm absolutely loving it.

I loved using Blender for Oblivion/FO but couldnt get it to properly import/export for Skyrim, I tried Outfit Studio and bashed my head against a wall for hours with no results. I was about to give up when I found this gem.. and version b_46 wouldnt export .nifs

So I manage to find b_81 a few pages in and it works great :)

May have some questions later, but I've got some new physics working on some clothing mods - keep up the good work!

Mesh Rigger v.0.88

OK, I think this update resolves the issues with 0.87. Fingers crossed.

Download:

Portable Package 0.88 (All In One): 

Light Download 88 (scripts only. Recommended if you intend to use 64 Bit version of Python): 

ChangeLog

0.87a to 0.88

1. Resolved bug that could generate a key not found error when copying an entirely new bone to the nif

2. Resolved several potential bugs that could potentially cause weightpainting artifacts.

3. Rewrote the code that governs 'Customize Meshes' behavior. The tool should now generate more consistent results when 'Rigid' weightpainting is selected.

Hi gerra6!
 I did some tests as usual with this new version b_88 and seems that the KeyError was fixed, but unfortunately the tool still without finishing the process and this time I got this "RunTimeError" in all my performed tests, please check the link:
(All tests were made in default setting to just copy bones weight from template to target)

Test1: Template = UNPB TBBP femalebody_1 » Target = UNPB BBP bikini

ERROR :
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/meshriggerb_88bikinierror1_zpsfbf0980e.png

Test2: Template = UNPB TBBP femalebody_1 » Target = UNPB BBP cuirass

ERROR :
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/meshriggerb_88cuirasserror2_zpse21ca7bd.png

Test3: Template = UNPB TBBP femalebody_1 » Target = UNPB BBP boots

ERROR :
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/meshriggerb_88bootserror3_zpsb5110b85.png

Good luck this time!  :-/

Mesh Rigger v.0.88.a

This update should resolve a bug from v.0.88

Download:

Portable Package 0.88.a (All In One): 

Portable Package Upgrade 0.88.a (All In One): 

Light Download 88 (scripts only. Recommended if you intend to use 64 Bit version of Python): 

ChangeLog

0.88 to 0.88.a

1. Resolved bug that could generate a 'dictionary changed size during iteration' error

0.87.a to 0.88

1. Resolved bug that could generate a key not found error when copying an entirely new bone to the nif

2. Resolved several potential bugs that could potentially cause weightpainting artifacts.

3. Rewrote the code that governs 'Customize Meshes' behavior. The tool should now generate more consistent results when 'Rigid' weightpainting is selected.

This update should resolve the 'dictionary changed size during iteration' error.

Sweet - can't wait to try .88!

Quick question - how would I go about removing the Belly bone and related belly weights from my set with Mesh rigger?

Thanks!

The tool isn't really designed to remove a specific bone, so you need to use it in a slightly unusual way to remove bones rather than add/replace them.

1. Select the same nif for both your template and your target.

2. Enable Copy Weights, Select Bones, and Delete All Weights. Everything else should be set to the default settings.

3. Click OK

4. When the select bones menu appears, select all of the bones *except* the bones that you want to remove.

Mesh Rigger v.0.88.b

Download:

Portable Package 0.88.b (All In One):  Mesh Rigger b_88_b.7z
Portable Package Upgrade 0.88.b (All In One):  Mesh Rigger b_88_b upgrade.7z
Light Download 88.b (scripts only. Recommended if you intend to use 64 Bit version of Python):  Mesh Rigger b_88_b scripts only.7z

ChangeLog

0.88.a to 0.88.b

1. Resolved crash bug that could sometimes occur when saving a file

0.88 to 0.88.a

1. Resolved bug that could generate a 'dictionary changed size during iteration' error

0.87.a to 0.88

Runs much more stable than version 0.81b. That version was unuseable, at least for me.

I have one question though, which is more of a general nature: does copying the dismemberment partitions destroy the weights of the target nif if both body shapes, vertices etc. are the same? And vice versa: does weight copying destroy the dismemberment partitions?

Concluding from the armor conversion worflow in Blender I'd guess that the dismemberment partition copying does not destroy the weights, but I'd like to hear from you about that since I can only make assumptions.

They shouldn't interfere with each other.

The existing skin instance does get deleted and rebuilt in both cases. However, if only copy skin partitions is selected, then all of the weight and other data will come from the target nif, while the dismemberment partition structure will be copied from the template nif.

Here's a quick and dirty rundown of how the different options affect the data structure of the target nif.

1. Select Bones: On the back-end, this option is used to generate a bone list. The bone list simply tells the tool which bones to pay attention to on the template nif. If disabled, this list will contain every bone on the template nif. If enabled, it will be limited to bones selected by the user.

2. Copy Weights: This option is one option that will tell the tool to copy weight from the template to the target. Only weights associated with bones in the bone list will be copied. Any bones on the target nif that are in the bone list will have their weights deleted. This option should be used if you are adding bones to a nif but want to minimize the impact this will have on existing weightpainting.

3. Delete All Weights: This option is similar to Copy Weights and functions exactly the same save one significant difference. Delete All Weights will delete all weightpainting on the target mesh, even for bones that are not on the bone list. This option should be enabled if you want to entirely replace the weightpainting with one derived from the template nif.

Note: If both Copy Weights and Delete All Weights are enabled, Delete All Weights will dominate

4. Replace Bones: If a bone in the bone list exists both on the template and the target nif, this tells the tool if it should replace the target nif bone with the template nif bone.

5. Replace Partitions: If this is enabled, the tool will copy dismemberment partition information from the template nif to the target nif.

6. Flatten Skinning: This experimental option replaces complex skin deformation with a much simpler form. For whatever reason, many nifs are rigged with multiple levels of skin deformation to achieve a specific base shape for the nif (bone bind transform, skinned bone transform, skin instance transform, object transform). This can lead to animation artifacts in game, and often these extremely complex skin deformations fail to import properly into 3D programs (particularly the ones that tweak the bind positions of the bones). Flatten Skinning applies the skin deformation directly to the skinned vertices and replaces the skinning with a simpler and cleaner version.

So if, say, Replace Bones, Replace Partitions, and Flatten Skinning were enabled, but Copy Weights and Delete All Weights were disabled, the tool would copy the bind transforms for each bone from the template to the target, it would copy the skin partition structure from the template to the target, and it would both replace the skin deformation with a simpler version and apply the old skin deformation directly to the affected vertices. However, all existing weightpainting would be entirely unaffected.

Hey Gerra, thanks for your answer. Backgroung for my question is that I am fed up with Blondie... Blender 2.49b (basically because it hacks up the body partition no matter how I edit the nifscripts and because the Blender 2.49 UI is a severe pain in the ass) and just today moved on to 3Ds Max. That and your tools make excellent companions.

It's quite hard to get some really substantiated knowledge about mesh setup on the net. I found countless tutorials which say different and sometimes contradictory things, even on the exact same matter, so most is trial and error.

I'll copy and safely store your rundown about your tool in my little treasure chest.

Hey Gerra, thanks for your answer. Backgroung for my question is that I am fed up with Blondie... Blender 2.49b (basically because it hacks up the body partition no matter how I edit the nifscripts and because the Blender 2.49 UI is a severe pain in the ass) and just today moved on to 3Ds Max. That and your tools make excellent companions.

Good to hear I'm not the only one with broken partions from Blender exports.

As for Max, I'm not a user, myself... but from seeing lots of meshes, some of which had very strange

scaling problems, it may be good to be aware that possibly in some situations it may scale the whole

mesh with the skeleton. Or even move bones around, and vertices to compensate. This should not

cause any in-game problems, until you add Bodyslide compability into the equation. Just saying.

Disclaimer: perhaps it's not just Max that cause such issues, but afaik Blender does not. So what else?

As for Max, I'm not a user, myself... but from seeing lots of meshes, some of which had very strange

scaling problems, it may be good to be aware that possibly in some situations it may scale the whole

mesh with the skeleton. Or even move bones around, and vertices to compensate. This should not

cause any in-game problems, until you add Bodyslide compability into the equation. Just saying.

I believe that those sorts of issues are caused by some of the more...creative...approaches used to deform meshes via weird and unusual skin transforms.

The 'flatten skin' option combined with the 'Replace Bones' option in the 0.88 version of Mesh Rigger should be able to completely resolve those problems, as long as it is performed *prior* to importing the nif into Blender or Max.

So what are all of these different skin transforms that I'm talking about?

1. Bone bind transforms. This refers to the scale/rot/loc transforms of the niNodes (bones) in the nif itself. If the bind transform of a given bone differs from the bind transform of that bone in game, the in-game effect will be to morph the mesh. Resolve this issue by running Mesh Rigger with the Replace Bones option enabled. Ensure that the bones in the template skeleton (or template nif if no skeleton is selected) have the bind transforms that you want.

2. Skinned Bone transforms. This refers to the transform of the linked bone within the skin instance of a skinned geometry block (mesh).

3. Skin Instance transform. This is a transform that is applied to the entire skin instance. Effectively, it transforms the individual skinned bone transforms.

4. Geometry block transform. This is a transform that is applied to the mesh itself, in addition to any skinning.

When enabled, the flatten skin option will set the Skin Instance transform to an identity matrix (remove the transform), it will set the Skinned Bone Transform to the inverse of the Bone Bind Transform (remove the transform caused by any differences between the two), and apply the effects of the prior transforms directly to the vertices.

If Replace Bones is also selected, flatten skin will also apply the difference in bone bind transforms directly to the vertices.

The end result is a nif with exactly the same shape and behavior in-game, but much simpler skinning.

This ensures that any 3d programs only have to deal with very simple skinning, rather than the insanely complex skin deformation that many meshes include.

Hi gerra6, you are a genius!  :D

I've been testing this version b_88_b and it seems that everything is working nicely until the end of the process and also in the game, which is pretty awesome, except a little glitch on the bra area, that can be different depending of the template chose, whether femalebody_0  or femalebody_0, please check the link to show you what is happening:

template femalebody_1

scale 0
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template1_scale0_up_zpsa8ba69d7.png

scale 100
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template1_scale100_up_zps51f5706a.png
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template1_scale100_crouch_zps7eae07a6.png

template femalebody_0

scale 0
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template0_scale0_up_zps7868f12a.png
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template0_scale0_crouch_zps7fa44046.png

scale 1
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template0_scale100_up_zps589a14f9.png
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/template0_scale100_crouch_zps537cb107.png

Well, this time I have no idea if its a bug or if I've to change some default options to get a more accurate bone weight copy, because I did a test with my feather bikini ( cuirass, boots and gauntlets ) and everything is working fine without any glitch except this one on the gauntlets fingers, which is not a big trouble, since i can change the hand again using nifskope:
http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/Gabs_Rodrigues/fingersbuglol_zps511a1874.png

Thank you once again for your great job with this tool and I believe that soon we will have this working at 100%. ;)
Sry for my poor English!

Disclaimer: perhaps it's not just Max that cause such issues, but afaik Blender does not. So what else?

The Nifskope pre- and especially after-Blender-Nif-cleaning / editing alone is reason enough to stop working with that ancient Blender version. Gerras new Mesh Rigger (b85b) pretty much takes anything you throw at it and gives perfect results. I don't know what he changed compared to the versions before, but pretty much any version except for 46 gave me a headache, but this one is it.

So in case you seek to set up dismemberment partitions, I did that in Max once for each body family I use or plan to use and used the correctly partitioned basic bodies for the variations of each family (like UNP Skinny, CBBE Slim, a custom Dream Girl Skinny). I've never seen a correctly set up UNP before, not speak of all its variations. Was quite good.

For each family one intact partioning on the basic body, and Mesh Rigger can copy the structure on all other meshes of the same body family.

On top of it you can weight the meshes just as you see fit. I've been testing the new Rigger with all of the above mentioned body styles, and reweighting even works across the body families. So f. ex. you can weigh UNP Skinny with Dream Girl BBP and have a working result. It's incredible.

However I found out that weighting to and fro and doing that for the standard races, for custom races with a lot of different variations wrecks your brain and your head gets all mixed up.

But not a single mesh that went through various MR procedures didn't work in the game.

Hi gerra6, you are a genius!  :D

I've been testing this version b_88_b and it seems that everything is working nicely until the end of the process and also in the game, which is pretty awesome, except a little glitch on the bra area, that can be different depending of the template chose, whether femalebody_0  or femalebody_0, please check the link to show you what is happening:

Would you be wiling to send me the files you were working with as well as the mesh rigger log file from that run.

From the pictures, it *looks* like the result that you would get from a single run with a _1 template and a _0 target and vice versa.

If that's the case, then that explains the odd results...basically the UV search is giving the correct painting on the body mesh, but the clothing is attempting to weightpaint directly off of a template body with a different physical shape.

In order to correctly rig/weightpaint/modify _0 and _1 nifs, make sure that you select *both* the _0 and _1 nifs as targets on a single run. The tool will then work on the nif that matches the template nif type (either _0 or _1). Once that's completed, the tool will automatically generate the other nif (it basically applies the vertex offset differences between the _0 and _1 nifs to generate it from the re-rigged nif)

Well, this time I have no idea if its a bug or if I've to change some default options to get a more accurate bone weight copy, because I did a test with my feather bikini ( cuirass, boots and gauntlets ) and everything is working fine without any glitch except this one on the gauntlets fingers, which is not a big trouble, since i can change the hand again using nifskope:

That looks very strange. It definitely shouldn't be happening, but I can only speculate about what's causing it. Would you be willing to send me the files you were working with that gave you that result, as well as the settings you were using?

Hi gerra6!

All my tests were made selecting both targets for a single run (the _0 and _1 nifs) , otherwise i know that the process will finish with a broken nif between 0 and 100 as I've had before! :D

Also I have both templates (the _0 and_1 nifs) on the same directory but i have had a better results choosing the _1 nif as template than the _0, which it doesn't make sense if the tool select automatically the _0 or _1 nifs that match with the target.

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with the bra, since all the rest is working fine, but yeah I can send you those files without any problem.

Check here please: 

http://www.4shared.com/rar/_Vx7T_FZce/files.html

Thx for replay!

Hey gerra6!

Finally I managed to solve the clipping glitch on the bikini bra and nothing was wrong with this MeshRigger verision b_88_b, at least coping BBB bones.
The problem was related with the TBBP weight paint of my template UNPB TBBP, ( which I am not the creator) maybe because was not perfectly cleaned and it may cause a lot of trouble especially in TBBP conversions .
Then I used your awesome tool to copy a clean BBB weight paint from others bodies to my UNPB TBBP, after that I tried to use this new template with my bikini and everything is working now at 100%, no more glitch .
About the fingers issues I don't know yet.
Sorry for the misunderstand, i'm still a noob in this modders world! :D

Greetings.

@ Gerra6

Simple question about the version used here ( 088b) and the "Mesh Rigger " included in your in your other tool " Convert Clothing RC_85a " , is this the same tool or a different "Mesh Rigger" . ?

I didn't test your "Mesh Rigger" yet ( only the "Clothing Converter" 0.72 and 0.85a , and by the way , congratulations for your last version ... it works well for OBlivion ( not tested this last version with Skyrim's outfits)  it's an incredible tool for "lazzy people" like me ... ;°) .

The purpose of my question is to know if i can with your tool "rigg" a mesh to get bot BBB system active ( at the same time of course) : by "both" i mean the "old Moving Breast" system ( related to the R/L toe bones or even only the R/L Foot bone) and the actual BBB ( related to tthe Op1 or or without OP2 and eventually OP3 ...) .

Of course based on the same Skeleton ( from LAPF or the Deedee's Skeleton included in the " Electrro's Designer Body Spell mod " ... i cannot use other Growlf based Skeletons because of some 'troubles" with them ... especially with the "head tracking" ...)

I already use some very rare piece of clothes/armors both compatible ( sure the animations need to refer to these  respective Bones too ... but and thanks to her ( or him , i don't know) , Fejeena give me some "0SexyWalk"  animations both compatible.

Thanks for reading .

Cheers.

0.88b is the latest version of Mesh Rigger. Clothing Converter 0.85 includes the 0.85 version of Mesh Rigger (versions are based on framework number), which is less robust and stable than the latest revision.

To answer your question about rigging a single mesh to use multiple BB systems at the same time, yes and no.

The tool itself is perfectly happy to copy and combine any weightpainting that you throw at it. However, the nif format itself can only support a maximum of 4 influence bones per vertex. In practice, this means that if you were to combine multiple BBB systems, chances are fairly high that some of the vertices might end up with too many influence bones.

Ordinarily, this would cause your game to crash, but we don't want that, so Mesh Rigger will automatically snip any excess weights lowest boneweight first, from a given vertex.

Hi there.

@ Gerra6 .

Thank you for the fast reply.

I will test your Mesh Rigger this night ... i don't think my game would crash ... i already use some clothes both "Bouncing System" compatible without any sort of problem.

If i asked you that question, this is because my first test with the version 0.72 of your Clothing Converter give me a  "surprised" result ( test made with a Skyrim Outfit , not with an Oblivion one) : my "from" was BB but not my "To" and the final Oufit was BB too ... and if i remember well i've used one of  your Lattice ( CBBE to UNP found somwhere in the early posts and made for an older version than the 0.72 ...but it works better than the one i've generated ... but that's was my very first attempt ..)  that's was a surprise to me .

Well , now i know Skyrim and Oblivion are in some ways very differents ...

If i can with your tool ( the Mesh Rigger) get the wanted ( supposed) effect , i will post here the final ".nif" mesh .

Anyway , one more time, thank you and congratulations for all your different tools.

Cheers.

Edit ( 1 of June 2014 ) : ..."  which is less robust and stable than the latest revision .... "   ?!?... not sure if i understand well : less robust or more robust ... i suppose it's the second solution ...

Hi Gerra!

Me again....

I just wondered if there's a way to let mesh rigger correct "rotation data matrix errors". I guess the cause of these errors is when the modder who did a mesh moved it along one of the axes so that it is not centered correctly anymore.

Problem is that weight copying ends up with errors. In my case the end result of weight copying (BBP from Dream Girl BBP) were crushed breasts already visible in Nifskope and not just in the game). I had that on the CNHF body in the main download (the version with the smallest breasts).

I know it's not Mesh Riggers task to correct glitches like these. Is there a good alternative way to correct that error if Mesh Rigger can't?