Machiavelique Posted September 23 Author Posted September 23 (edited) Your logs show that I can't directly affect the Bittercup's “Child” status. Bittercup doesn't change races, and her “Child” flag remains at 0 even though she's detected as a child. The only way to fix this is to figure out what causes her “Child” status and what restores her “Adult” status (in your logs, when the animation ends, Bittercup is once again considered “Adult,” then “Child,” then “Adult”). It seems to be related to SetScale. However, when you do it manually, nothing happens, and in your logs, Bittercup is once again considered an adult before SetScale is restored. I'll try disabling the SetScale restoration in the next TestDebugNG to see if that persists the issue. But first, could you run the exact same test using the following load order: 00 FalloutNV.esm 01 DeadMoney.esm 02 HonestHearts.esm 03 OldWorldBlues.esm 04 LonesomeRoad.esm 05 GunRunnersArsenal.esm 06 Fallout3.esm 07 Anchorage.esm 08 ThePitt.esm 09 BrokenSteel.esm 0A PointLookout.esm 0B Zeta.esm 0C CaravanPack.esm 0D ClassicPack.esm 0E MercenaryPack.esm 0F TribalPack.esm 10 TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm 11 YUPTTW.esm 12 Sexout.esm 13 SexoutCommonResources.esm 14 SexoutPregnancyV3.esm 15 SexoutOffSpring.esm 16 SexoutSlavery.esm 17 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp 18 SexoutSpunk.esp 19 SexoutAnimManagement.esp 1A TestNG.esp 1B TestDebugNG_11.esp Edited September 23 by Machiavelique
Tattman Posted September 23 Posted September 23 (edited) 5 hours ago, Machiavelique said: Your logs show that I can't directly affect the Bittercup's “Child” status. Bittercup doesn't change races, and her “Child” flag remains at 0 even though she's detected as a child. The only way to fix this is to figure out what causes her “Child” status and what restores her “Adult” status (in your logs, when the animation ends, Bittercup is once again considered “Adult,” then “Child,” then “Adult”). It seems to be related to SetScale. However, when you do it manually, nothing happens, and in your logs, Bittercup is once again considered an adult before SetScale is restored. I'll try disabling the SetScale restoration in the next TestDebugNG to see if that persists the issue. But first, could you run the exact same test using the following load order: 00 FalloutNV.esm 01 DeadMoney.esm 02 HonestHearts.esm 03 OldWorldBlues.esm 04 LonesomeRoad.esm 05 GunRunnersArsenal.esm 06 Fallout3.esm 07 Anchorage.esm 08 ThePitt.esm 09 BrokenSteel.esm 0A PointLookout.esm 0B Zeta.esm 0C CaravanPack.esm 0D ClassicPack.esm 0E MercenaryPack.esm 0F TribalPack.esm 10 TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm 11 YUPTTW.esm 12 Sexout.esm 13 SexoutCommonResources.esm 14 SexoutPregnancyV3.esm 15 SexoutOffSpring.esm 16 SexoutSlavery.esm 17 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp 18 SexoutSpunk.esp 19 SexoutAnimManagement.esp 1A TestNG.esp 1B TestDebugNG_11.esp okay, The NG log shows my loadorder matches what you asked for. I will add the logs below. I fixed the offspring name issue so that is not taking up 90% of the log SexoutNG_Log.txt SexoutNG_Log2.txt Edited September 23 by Tattman
Machiavelique Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 I agree that it better without the Offsprings logs. Can you run the same tests using the same load order but with TestDebugNG_12.esp to replace TestDebugNG_11.esp ? 'p' key to trigger sex with bittercup, but here wait about 10 seconds before using 'i' key to starts sexout animation, wait sexout ends and send me SexoutNG_Log.txt + SexoutNG_Log2.txt TestDebugNG_12.zip
Tattman Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, Machiavelique said: I agree that it better without the Offsprings logs. Can you run the same tests using the same load order but with TestDebugNG_12.esp to replace TestDebugNG_11.esp ? 'p' key to trigger sex with bittercup, but here wait about 10 seconds before using 'i' key to starts sexout animation, wait sexout ends and send me SexoutNG_Log.txt + SexoutNG_Log2.txt TestDebugNG_12.zip 19.42 kB · 0 downloads this time, it was interesting. When I hit the P key, Bitercup shrank, then came back up slowly. Nobody disappeared. I gave it about 12 seconds before I held down the i key until the sexout period ended SexoutNG_Log.txt SexoutNG_Log2.txt
Machiavelique Posted Sunday at 08:50 AM Author Posted Sunday at 08:50 AM I have to admit that this upsets me. Versions 2.10.98 b9 and earlier also force human characters to be scaled to ‘1’. And you don't have any problems if you use 2.10.98 b9? Or even 2.10.97? (2.10.97 might be trickier to install, but you can easily install 2.10.98 b9, delete sexout.esm, and replace it with the sexout.esm file from 2.10.97, that’ll work fine with data files from 2.10.98 b9 but not with 2.11.6b4.) TestDebugNG_13.zip
Tattman Posted Sunday at 07:24 PM Posted Sunday at 07:24 PM (edited) 11 hours ago, Machiavelique said: I have to admit that this upsets me. Versions 2.10.98 b9 and earlier also force human characters to be scaled to ‘1’. And you don't have any problems if you use 2.10.98 b9? Or even 2.10.97? (2.10.97 might be trickier to install, but you can easily install 2.10.98 b9, delete sexout.esm, and replace it with the sexout.esm file from 2.10.97, that’ll work fine with data files from 2.10.98 b9 but not with 2.11.6b4.) TestDebugNG_13.zip 19.23 kB · 0 downloads I used to have no problems out of I believe it was 2.10.98 b4, I am unsure if I tried newer before updating to the 2.11.6. I got Bittercup pregnant so many times, even used an impregnation ray which made her carry an eyebot, and later a spore pod. So no, I never had problems in the past until updating to 2.11.6 b3 or4 b4 whichever it was. This may take me a day or so figuring out how to switch it all back over to 2.10.98, but I will work on that and let you know as soon as I have it ready to go and working again. I will update this post with the exact info for when I used to have it working. I have several full game file backups from when it worked before, so finding my info and letting you know when it worked last for me will be easy enough. in the meantime, I do need one command from you. I need you to tell me the command I type into console to tell me the version of ng. sexout, or whatever files you need the info for.. My backup files are at my business, I will not be there until tomorrow, so I will be able to have more info then. Edited Sunday at 08:20 PM by Tattman
Machiavelique Posted Sunday at 08:27 PM Author Posted Sunday at 08:27 PM (edited) I spoke too soon. As it turns out, even sexout'97 should work properly with the 2.11.6b4 data files. Just replace your sexout.esm (the one from 2.11.6b4) with the one from 2.10.97, and that's it. The reverse, however, wouldn't work (using the 2.10.97 data files with the 2.11.6b4 sexout.esm file). You can test your sexout version with the following command: Print "SexoutNG "+$(SexoutNG.nVerMaj)+"."+$(SexoutNG.nVerMin)+"."+$(SexoutNG.nVerRel)+"b"+$(SexoutNG.iBetaN) Also, replace your TestNG.esp with this one: TestNG.zip (The old one won't work with 2.10.97, this new one will work with both 2.10.97 and 2.11.6b4) Don't use TestDebugNG this time, it won't have any effect on 2.10.97, just use Sexout + TestNG and press the “p” key to see if sex with bittercup works correctly. Edited Sunday at 08:33 PM by Machiavelique
Tattman Posted Sunday at 08:42 PM Posted Sunday at 08:42 PM (edited) 1 hour ago, Machiavelique said: I spoke too soon. As it turns out, even sexout'97 should work properly with the 2.11.6b4 data files. Just replace your sexout.esm (the one from 2.11.6b4) with the one from 2.10.97, and that's it. The reverse, however, wouldn't work (using the 2.10.97 data files with the 2.11.6b4 sexout.esm file). You can test your sexout version with the following command: Print "SexoutNG "+$(SexoutNG.nVerMaj)+"."+$(SexoutNG.nVerMin)+"."+$(SexoutNG.nVerRel)+"b"+$(SexoutNG.iBetaN) Also, replace your TestNG.esp with this one: TestNG.zip 1 kB · 0 downloads (The old one won't work with 2.10.97, this new one will work with both 2.10.97 and 2.11.6b4) Don't use TestDebugNG13.esp this time, it won't have any effect on 2.10.97 okay, I replaced sexout.esm with the one from 2.10.97 in NG, and the test ng there as well. Will try now. I will upload what I get shortly. Everything worked as it should have. sex happened, nobody disappeared. I will upload the ng log now, I hope it has your info,I used P then I keys. The nglog2 is from today, but for some reason, ng log did nothing today. UPDATE INFO: as a test on my end, I removed the testng you made. I loaded the game, and tried sex with bittercup. Everything went perfectly. Nobody disappeared, nothing out of the ordinary. So, it MUST be something in the newer sexout.esm version causing this. 2.10.97 works as expected. I can try with each newer version of sexout.esm I have,until I find one that stops working and let you know. UPDATE 2: Problem found, please read next message below this for details SexoutNG_Log2.txt Edited Sunday at 10:10 PM by Tattman
Tattman Posted Sunday at 10:04 PM Posted Sunday at 10:04 PM (edited) I am testing using the newer sexout.esm versions that I have, and have found that 2.10.98 b4 works perfectly like 2.10.97. Nobody disappears, nothing odd happens. 2.10.98 b6 also works flawlessly. Nothing odd happens. I downloaded 2.10.98 b9, and tried sexout.esm in it. That sexout.esm seems to also work fine, however the first time I tried to have sex with Bittercup, something tripped up the child status. My child daughter pulled out a fatman and blew me up. I completely closed out the game and MO2, and tried again. This time everything went fine. From there, I tried 2.11.6 b1, and that is where the problems really came out. The supermutant body and anyone else in the courtyard disappeared. the ONLY thing I changed during these tests was sexout.esm in NG folder. I have a possible partial theory I will run past you. Could the newer versions having the animation stuff built in be at least part of the problem? I found during this testing you had me doing, that Bittercup may not have been disappearing EVERY time, but was being thrown out of sight in behind some wood under the awning of one of their houses. Other people definitely WERE disappearing though, Jade for example shows on my local map, but is NOWHERE to be seen at all and does NOT follow me in fast travel away. Dusty, and others were just gone. Edited Monday at 12:18 AM by Tattman
Machiavelique Posted Monday at 12:18 AM Author Posted Monday at 12:18 AM (edited) 2 hours ago, Tattman said: I have a possible partial theory I will run past you. Could the newer versions having the animation stuff built in be at least part of the problem? I found during this testing you had me doing, that Bittercup may not have been disappearing every time, but was being thrown out of sight in behind some wood under the awning of one of their houses. At the moment, I still don't know why it works with 2.10.98 b6 and earlier but not with 2.11.6b1 and later. In these tests, you only changed sexout.esm, the esp/esm files don't contain animations themselves, but rather links to animations. In version 2.10, these links are defined in the esm file. In version 2.11, they’re defined in an ini file and read by the esm file. What you’re seeing (characters disappearing or being thrown out of sight) isn’t an animation issue but a deliberate action by sexout. Sexout attempts to destroy all nearby characters because it detects that a character in the animation has 'child' status. However, it attempts to destroy them in an extremely abrupt manner, since the destruction isn’t clean and the characters are playing an animation, this may causes them to be thrown out of sight. What Sexout should do in this specific case (but doesn’t) is: stop the sexout animation -> kill all nearby characters -> deactivate them -> destroy them That would be cleaner, but you wouldn’t be any further along, cause all the characters would have disappeared (including the player character, because this time you’d be killed too). Here's everything I can conclude so far based on the tests you've taken: The characters disappearing (or being thrown out of sight) is an intended consequence. The cause is that Bittercup's status changes to 'child' What causes its status to change to 'child' is Bittercup's scaling being set to 1 (its original scale being 0.91). The test you ran with TestDebugNG12.esp clearly shows that SetScale 1 with NG2.11.6b4 sets bittercup's child status to TRUE, and SetScale 0.91 with NG2.11.6b4 resets it to FALSE. In TestDebugNG12.esp, I forced bittercup’s scale to 0.91 right after sexout’s init. If I had also unlocked the animation’s execution, everything would have gone smoothly (no characters disappearing or being thrown out of sight). However, this isn’t the correct way to fix it, it’s highly likely that forcing the scale of characters to 1 is part of the safeguards put in place by the original authors against sex with children. Since it works with version 2.10 (and 2.10 also scales human actors to 1), it seems that SetScale isn't the only culprit. So we need to run some more tests (either by trying to fix the issue using 2.11 version or by trying to reproduce it with version 2.10. I'm not sure yet which is the best approach, I need to think it over). Edited Monday at 12:23 AM by Machiavelique
Tattman Posted Monday at 12:20 AM Posted Monday at 12:20 AM 1 minute ago, Machiavelique said: At the moment, I still don't know why it works with 2.10.98 b6 and earlier but not with 2.11.6b1 and later. In these tests, you only changed sexout.esm; the esp/esm files don't contain animations themselves, but rather links to animations. In version 2.10, these links are defined in the esm file; in version 2.11, they’re defined in an ini file and read by the esm file. What you’re seeing (characters disappearing or being thrown out of sight) isn’t an animation issue but a deliberate action by sexout. Sexout attempts to destroy all nearby characters because it detects that a character in the animation has 'child' status. However, it attempts to destroy them in an extremely abrupt manner, since the destruction isn’t clean and the characters are playing an animation, this causes them to be thrown out of sight. What Sexout should do in this specific case (but doesn’t) is: stop the sexout animation -> kill all nearby characters -> deactivate them -> destroy them That would be cleaner, but you wouldn’t be any further along, cause all the characters would have disappeared (including the player character, because this time you’d be killed too). Here's everything I can conclude so far based on the tests you've taken: The characters disappearing (or being thrown out of sight) is an intended consequence. The cause is that Bittercup's status changes to 'child' What causes its status to change to 'child' is Bittercup's scaling being set to 1 (its original scale being 0.91). The test you ran with TestDebugNG12.esp clearly shows that SetScale 1 with NG2.11.6b4 sets bittercup's child status to TRUE, and SetScale 0.91 with NG2.11.6b4 resets it to FALSE. In TestDebugNG12.esp, I forced bittercup’s scale to 0.91 right after sexout’s init. If I had also unlocked the animation’s execution, everything would have gone smoothly (no characters disappearing or being thrown out of sight). However, this isn’t the correct way to fix it, it’s highly likely that forcing the scale of characters to 1 is part of the safeguards put in place by the original authors against sex with children. Since it works with version 2.10 (and 2.10 also scales human actors to 1), it seems that SetScale isn't the only culprit. So we need to run some more tests (either by trying to fix the issue using 2.11 version or by trying to reproduce it with version 2.10. I'm not sure yet which is the best approach, I need to think it over). please recheck my last message, I was adding details when you replied
Machiavelique Posted Monday at 12:56 AM Author Posted Monday at 12:56 AM I guess that's what this is about: 2 hours ago, Tattman said: I downloaded 2.10.98 b9, and tried sexout.esm in it. That sexout.esm seems to also work fine, however the first time I tried to have sex with Bittercup, something tripped up the child status. My child daughter pulled out a fatman and blew me up. I completely closed out the game and MO2, and tried again It’s actually another safeguard against sex with children. The NPCs around you (even allies) are equipped with Fatman by SexoutNG and attack you. Sexout can even summon Deathclaws to attack you. All of these are safeguards developed by the original creators of Sexout and have been present since at least 2.10.97 (I have no knowledge of older versions of Sexout). There are several different safeguards depending on where a child status is detected on an actor.So it’s not the same safeguard as the one that causes actors to disappear or be thrown out of sight, but it’s still part of the safeguards, and it all centers around the same issue: an actor is detected as a child in a sexout animation. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now