Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

What do you mean with partition exactly?

If you just want to hide parts of a mesh, then you could create a Zap Slider.

That works by using the mask tool on the parts you want hidden, then invert the mask (either via menu or by pressing ctrl+i) and then sliders->new zap slider (previous OS versions didn't like spaces in the ZapSlider name, not sure if that's still the case).

This also works over multiple parts at once, if you shift+click them in the parts list.

If you want to turn something into a seperate part that you can then for example export and import into other projects... I have never tried that, but I think that's what Imperfection was explaining earlier.

18 minutes ago, NoNickNeeded said:

What do you mean with partition exactly?

If you just want to hide parts of a mesh, then you could create a Zap Slider.

That works by using the mask tool on the parts you want hidden, then invert the mask (either via menu or by pressing ctrl+i) and then sliders->create zap slider (previous OS versions didn't like spaces in the ZapSlider name, not sure if that's still the case).

This also works over multiple parts at once, if you shift+click them in the parts list.

If you want to turn something into a seperate part that you can then for example export and import into other projects... I have never tried that, but I think that's what Imperfection was explaining earlier.

Like this...

Spoiler

Untitled-1.jpg

16 hours ago, RedMonika said:

It gives me an idea though... Thanks...

Like for CT77's mod set he has 2 partitions on his leggings and I've seen it on others... I just don't know how to do it but the mask tool might work.. Thanks!

I know i have seen meshes like that too, I guess i don't understand what that actually does for the mesh or why you would want that, the object then would consume multiple slots. When I see those I just remove the extra partitions and re-weight and it still works the same, at least as far as I can tell.

I could not find any way to accomplish what your asking in Outfit Studio. If you use "add partition" it will allow you to add the other slot number but as soon as you hit apply its removed again. This is understandable since only one is defined in the mesh unless it looks like the screener you showed, it seems Chrono's gear is painted that way but again I don't see the need.

With the method i described you could essentially make 2 separate armor pieces one for left and one for right with different slots so you could put on one or the other or both in game like NoNickNeeded was saying.

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

I know i have seen meshes like that too, I guess i don't understand what that actually does for the mesh or why you would want that, the object then would consume multiple slots. When I see those I just remove the extra partitions and re-weight and it still works the same, at least as far as I can tell.

I could not find any way to accomplish what your asking in Outfit Studio. If you use "add partition" it will allow you to add the other slot number but as soon as you hit apply its removed again. This is understandable since only one is defined in the mesh unless it looks like the screener you showed, it seems Chrono's gear is painted that way but again I don't see the need.

With the method i described you could essentially make 2 separate armor pieces one for left and one for right with different slots so you could put on one or the other or both in game like NoNickNeeded was saying.

Right, one of the partitions are removed. Well, how I've seen it used in with CT77's mod is that his high thigh boots then will cover or remove the legging that's part of the armor. I might be just over thinking it.

Thanks for the feedback... :)

1 hour ago, RedMonika said:

Right, one of the partitions are removed. Well, how I've seen it used in with CT77's mod is that his high thigh boots then will cover or remove the legging that's part of the armor. I might be just over thinking it.

Thanks for the feedback... :)

Understand now what your trying to do, I think A Little Sexy Apparel Replacer does something similar although I think done with nif override and scripts, so a little complex. I was able to add a second partition in nifskope but Outfit Studio ignores it when loaded, but it is still there when exported ?

If you want to experiment some more, from image below :

Select FurSkirt > BSDismemberSkinInstance > Change Num Partitions to 2 > right click green arrows below > Update Array > Second Partition will be listed and changeable.

image.png.26922a1da30c08d886cd56619aa7e0e1.png

Good luck!

3 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Understand now what your trying to do, I think A Little Sexy Apparel Replacer does something similar although I think done with nif override and scripts, so a little complex. I was able to add a second partition in nifskope but Outfit Studio ignores it when loaded, but it is still there when exported ?

If you want to experiment some more, from image below :

Select FurSkirt > BSDismemberSkinInstance > Change Num Partitions to 2 > right click green arrows below > Update Array > Second Partition will be listed and changeable.

image.png.26922a1da30c08d886cd56619aa7e0e1.png

Good luck!

Oh! Is that how it's done!

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

Thanks...

No problem. Only real issues I've found are that the dragonborn stuff is still vanilla, and I get a little clipping around the belly on a couple of the clothes like the merchant outfit. That could be because I'm using COSIO and I believe the conversion is just CBBE HDT. Armors all seem fine though.

4 hours ago, sfeile said:

No problem. Only real issues I've found are that the dragonborn stuff is still vanilla, and I get a little clipping around the belly on a couple of the clothes like the merchant outfit. That could be because I'm using COSIO and I believe the conversion is just CBBE HDT. Armors all seem fine though.

Did you try to expand the area in outfit studio a bit to see if that helps with the clipping? I'm actually using these to do my own mashups and replace armor sets in mods like the book of uunp and immersive armors.

5 hours ago, RedMonika said:

Did you try to expand the area in outfit studio a bit to see if that helps with the clipping? I'm actually using these to do my own mashups and replace armor sets in mods like the book of uunp and immersive armors.

Never bothered actually. I have read tutorials, watched videos, and even had someone helping through pm, but still failed miserably to do some things that were supposed to be simple. I've seen many posts explaining how easy it is, but it is beyond me to make it work. So I deal with it or move on to a different outfit. Sucks sometimes because there are things like some of c5kev's mash-ups I would have liked to have had, but it is what it is. I'm just happy some of you guys post ones that you have done.

Hi, I've never been able to find this armor or clothing on the web from BDO.  I was wondering if anyone has ever located this before?  I know there are many BDO armors out there but have never found this particular armor.  I know its from the Ranger class and the armor is Taritas or Talis. 

Spoiler

taritas armor (ranger) 1.jpg

3 hours ago, Ramajam said:

When I try to make a bodyslide conversion of this all of the physics go crazy. Any idea?

You can try to first load a new project with the body of choice and then import the outfit into that project. If you first load the outfit and then insert the reference body, it sometimes ends up with whacked out physics. But this will only work if the outfit has no extra HDT parts.

If it has extra dangly bits other than breast, butt or belly, then the current outfit studio versions will mess it up.

You can either use an old outfit studio or do some round-about work with nifskope.

BodySlide 3.2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V_rbGsQShfMYB-xwg3Hg-v2pLBrWcjTY/view

You don't need to do the entire work with the old version. You insert the reference body and copy the bones in the old and then switch back to the new outfit studio for the rest (sliders, clipping, zap, ect).

nifskope method:

Once you have finished bodyslide with an outfit with HDT clothing effects the mesh will often look like that and usually CTD after.  The way I fix it is after I have finished the Bodyslide conversion

1) open up the bodyslide edited mesh (BEM) you were working with in CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\********* in Nifskope.  (* being whatever the name is of the shape folder it is in.)

2) Open up a copy of the original mesh (OM) of that same outfit in Nifskope.

3) on the (BEM) go to the first NiTriShape and click the arrow to the left of it.

4) R-Click on the NiTriShapeData and go to Block>Copy (Or CTRL+SHIFT+C)

5) On the (OM) go to the same NiTriShape and click the arrow to the left of it.

6) R-Click on the NiTriShapeData and go to Block>Paste Over (Or CTRL+SHIFT+V)  That will change the shape to match the (BEM).

7) Repeat steps 4-6 for each NiTriShape.

8 If there is a body shape in the mesh and you did not replace it with the UUNP (or CBBE) reference body it will usually change shape fine, if not then you can R-Click, Block>Copy Branch on the NiTriShape from the (BEM), go to the top of the tree and select the 0 NiNode branch, then R-Click, Block>Paste Branch it into the (OM) (You will have to delete the original body shape in that case and rename the pasted in body shape to the deleted body shape's name.

9) If you renamed any shapes while working in bodyslide you will need to make sure that the NiTriShape names match in the (OM) you are pasting into as well.

10) Once this is done you just save the (OM) you have been editing to the same name as the (BEM).  Then just drag and drop it and overwrite the (BEM) in CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\*********

11) run bodyslide for that mesh and look at the files it generates.  They should no longer stretch weird and you should no longer get any CTD from them.

I've successfully done the nifskope thing once and did several outfits with the old outfit studio, so I can attest that both methods work.