Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

I am trying to convert armors to cbbe advanced but I hit a road block. I can easily use the slides to match the original body shape the armor was using but I don't know how to continue from there.

How do I save the changes to the body before I use conform all?

I'm also having problems saving changes to my offset shape and I have no idea how I'm supposed to work with armor that start out T posing.

Are you talking about the "armor" or the "reference"? For the "armor", click Slider->Set Base Shape

If you want to save changes to the reference shape you can't really. What you can do is alter the base shape then hit File->Make Conversion Reference. This makes a single slider that can be used to convert you new reference shape to a standard one.

Offset shape doesn't get saved. It's really only there for matching up the reference to copy bone weights and conform to sliders. If you want to actually move something permanently you need to use Shape->Move Vertices.

I've no idea if you can fix T-posing. You should try making the brush REALLY large then grabbing the "reference" arms with the Move Vertices BRUSH. After getting them to line up you can use the "Make Conversion Reference" slider to fix the rest of the armor. There may be problems with the bone positions though.

Are you talking about the "armor" or the "reference"? For the "armor", click Slider->Set Base Shape

If you want to save changes to the reference shape you can't really. What you can do is alter the base shape then hit File->Make Conversion Reference. This makes a single slider that can be used to convert you new reference shape to a standard one.

Offset shape doesn't get saved. It's really only there for matching up the reference to copy bone weights and conform to sliders. If you want to actually move something permanently you need to use Shape->Move Vertices.

I've no idea if you can fix T-posing. You should try making the brush REALLY large then grabbing the "reference" arms with the Move Vertices BRUSH. After getting them to line up you can use the "Make Conversion Reference" slider to fix the rest of the armor. There may be problems with the bone positions though.

the problem im having is that most of the armors im trying to convert don't match any of the _____ to cbbe conversion templates.  it looks like a lot of the bodies were modified because even some armors that say that they are sevenbase, unp, ex... are drastically different from the baseshape body that outfit studio gives to me to replace it.

im wondering if there is an easier method of converting these armors other than

using brushes to almost completely rebuild the baseshape to look like the bodymesh that comes with the armor before using conform all, set base shape, ex...

I don't mind making tweaks and fixing clipping with brushes but using brushes to rebuild the shape of the body that im trying to convert is  a bit out of my league.

the problem im having is that most of the armors im trying to convert don't match any of the _____ to cbbe conversion templates.  it looks like a lot of the bodies were modified because even some armors that say that they are sevenbase, unp, ex... are drastically different from the baseshape body that outfit studio gives to me to replace it.

using brushes to almost completely rebuild the baseshape to look like the bodymesh that comes with the armor before using conform all, set base shape, ex...

I don't mind making tweaks and fixing clipping with brushes but using brushes to rebuild the shape of the body that im trying to convert is  a bit out of my league.

I posted a guide on how I do conversions in Bodyslide currently a few posts back, and as far as my knowledge pertains is the best way (Feel free to chime in if you have a different method though)

Basically this guide is for if your starting shape is way off and your trying to get armors to match CBBE.

If you read the Bodyslide/OS thread you'll see the Bodyslide team made OS universally compatible by using CBBE as a bridge, so basically if you want to convert anything in OS to anything else you have to do this:

Your Custom Body -> CBBE -> Your output Custom Body

The above is the official supported way to convert armors in OS:

Here's my guide on how to do this: Link

Of course you can still brute force your conversions so you never need to "bridge" to CBBE, but you already know how painful that is ;)

And for the love of (Dibella) just add TBBP (should be the new standard anyway) <- completely personal opinion

Edit: @Xun ahh I was just referring to your initial post's feedback where multiple users (including me, couldn't get your bodyslide slidersets working for us, though now after re-reading your posts and checking the .nifs I see that you had just unticked 'copy reference body' option on the save as and that's why the sliders don't work for us anyway)

I posted a guide on how I do conversions in Bodyslide currently a few posts back, and as far as my knowledge pertains is the best way (Feel free to chime in if you have a different method though)

Basically this guide is for if your starting shape is way off and your trying to get armors to match CBBE.

If you read the Bodyslide/OS thread you'll see the Bodyslide team made OS universally compatible by using CBBE as a bridge, so basically if you want to convert anything in OS to anything else you have to do this:

Your Custom Body -> CBBE -> Your output Custom Body

The above is the official supported way to convert armors in OS:

Here's my guide on how to do this: Link

Of course you can still brute force your conversions so you never need to "bridge" to CBBE, but you already know how painful that is ;)

And for the love of (Dibella) just add TBBP (should be the new standard anyway) <- completely personal opinion

Edit: @Xun ahh I was just referring to your initial post's feedback where multiple users (including me, couldn't get your bodyslide slidersets working for us, though now after re-reading your posts and checking the .nifs I see that you had just unticked 'copy reference body' option on the save as and that's why the sliders don't work for us anyway)

I'm having a lot of difficulty fixing clipping. Whenever I inflate/deflate to match the breasts/butt, it doesn't come out smooth to match the body shape. It ends up becoming bumpy.

I'm having a lot of difficulty fixing clipping. Whenever I inflate/deflate to match the breasts/butt, it doesn't come out smooth to match the body shape. It ends up becoming bumpy.

You shouldn't be messing with any of that. There should be zero need to use the brushes. It's actually really simple.

1) Load CBBE advanced as the reference.

2) Load the _1 armor.

2a) Do not hit conform all.

3) Click on the REFERENCE and start moving the sliders until the CBBE advanced body is roughly the same shape. Some of the sliders shrink the breasts for instance. It doesn't need to be exact just as close as possible.

4) Click File->Make Conversion Reference and name your slider.

5) Click Slider->Cconform all and use your new slider.

6) Click Slider->Set Base Shape.

You're done. What armor are you trying to convert?

You shouldn't be messing with any of that. There should be zero need to use the brushes. It's actually really simple.

2) Load the _1 armor.

3) Click on the REFERENCE and start moving the sliders until the CBBE advanced body is roughly the same shape. Some of the sliders shrink the breasts for instance. It doesn't need to be exact just as close as possible.

I'm trying to convert the UNPB Protective latex catsuit to CBBE Advanced. It is now hidden on Nexus.

Can anybody take a look at this mesh?

attachicon.gifbound daedric armor female.nif

It's part of the True Bound Daedric Armors mod, and I would love to make it Bodyslide compatible and add TBBP and pregnancy scaling belly to it, so my character doesn't clip through it half the time. For some reason, even though the armor shows in Nifskope, it only shows the gloves and boots part in Outfit Studio.

The idea would be to adapt it to CalienteBodyAdvanced, but make it a bit bulkier, since the spell makes it appear over whatever armor you're wearing.

If the armor doesn't show up correctly in Outfit Studio then chances are it's bugged and you'll have to try and see if using 'offset shape' after right clicking on the mesh works out.

Chances are, since it's the cuirass, it'll work fine for you but will corrupt the .nif making it impossible to share with others, so if you really can't wait you'll have to buckle down and do it on your own.

I don't care if I gotta do it myself, since the armor is already the size I need (it was enlarged on purpose to fit characters already wearing armors, since it works as an overlay). All it would need is to put it in Outfit Studio, tweak one or two things, conform to sliders and add some weight paint and voilà.

The problem is that I have no idea about what to do to make it work. Isn't there anything I can do in NifSkope for it?

Can anybody take a look at this mesh?

attachicon.gifbound daedric armor female.nif

It's part of the True Bound Daedric Armors mod, and I would love to make it Bodyslide compatible and add TBBP and pregnancy scaling belly to it, so my character doesn't clip through it half the time. For some reason, even though the armor shows in Nifskope, it only shows the gloves and boots part in Outfit Studio.

The idea would be to adapt it to CalienteBodyAdvanced, but make it a bit bulkier, since the spell makes it appear over whatever armor you're wearing.

If the armor doesn't show up correctly in Outfit Studio then chances are it's bugged and you'll have to try and see if using 'offset shape' after right clicking on the mesh works out.

Chances are, since it's the cuirass, it'll work fine for you but will corrupt the .nif making it impossible to share with others, so if you really can't wait you'll have to buckle down and do it on your own.

I don't care if I gotta do it myself, since the armor is already the size I need (it was enlarged on purpose to fit characters already wearing armors, since it works as an overlay). All it would need is to put it in Outfit Studio, tweak one or two things, conform to sliders and add some weight paint and voilà.

The problem is that I have no idea about what to do to make it work. Isn't there anything I can do in NifSkope for it?

Holy crap, I just took a look at that .nif in OS and after you check all the gloves parts to be invisible you'll see something scarier than anything in a horror movie the last year... (shudders)

Yea, I think you'll have to use 3dsmax or Blender if you wanna convert that, nifskope not a great 3d modeler, maybe make a new thread asking for help from one of the more experienced 3d modelers out there can get you started. (Or talk to cell in his Bodyslide post maybe he can make it compatible to Outfit Studio in the next version, or at least tell you why it isn't working)

Before doing that, maybe there's a simpler approach, and maybe the cause of it not showing in the first place (even though then the gloves and boots should do the same, but oh, well...).

What the mod does is to summon a bound armor with the shape of the Daedric armor, to match other bound weapons. As with the sword, the armor is almost invisible, with a purple flame effect over it. I have no idea of mesh creation/edit, but... Couldn't I just take the real Daedric armor mesh from the game, place all the parts in one somehow (gloves, helmet, body, boots, not sure if I can do this in Outfit Studio), and then simply exchange the file for the buggy one?

I ask because I don't really know, if the invisible effect on the armor comes from the mesh itself, or the mod adds it.

Before doing that, maybe there's a simpler approach, and maybe the cause of it not showing in the first place (even though then the gloves and boots should do the same, but oh, well...).

What the mod does is to summon a bound armor with the shape of the Daedric armor, to match other bound weapons. As with the sword, the armor is almost invisible, with a purple flame effect over it. I have no idea of mesh creation/edit, but... Couldn't I just take the real Daedric armor mesh from the game, place all the parts in one somehow (gloves, helmet, body, boots, not sure if I can do this in Outfit Studio), and then simply exchange the file for the buggy one?

I ask because I don't really know, if the invisible effect on the armor comes from the mesh itself, or the mod adds it.

Unfortunately it's a bit more complicated than that I would wager...

As I used that mod previously and understood it had some special effects attached to it when summoned...

Also i am pretty sure the textures wouldn't show up properly with the swapped mesh, as well as you'll need to change the armor nodes that it takes up so that you don't unequip your current armor when summoned. And who knows what'll happen with the spell scripts and stuff (I think you can summon pieces of this armor seperaately if I remember correctly not sure though)

Those are only the issues I can think of right now, I am by no means an expert and this may well have an easy solution.

If you do decide to pursue this route, I think that it'll be more invested than following a blender or 3dsmax armor conversion guide of which there are a plethora of which floating around youtube and google.

I managed to convert armors to cbbe advanced thanks to the instructions on page 7.

now I only have two problems.

my first problem is that even though everything is working fine on the bodyslide my characters torso turns invisible when I use my converted armors in game so my character ends up as a floating head hovering over empty armor pieces.

my second problem is that T pose armor.  I tried using the brush on max settings to move it but the armor piece is too big and warps when I try to move it one of the armors im referring to is the cbbe 3 black dragon armor.  the length of the arm piece and the distance and position I need to move it to makes it difficult to do it with the brush

I managed to convert armors to cbbe advanced thanks to the instructions on page 7.

now I only have two problems.

my first problem is that even though everything is working fine on the bodyslide my characters torso turns invisible when I use my converted armors in game so my character ends up as a floating head hovering over empty armor pieces.

my second problem is that T pose armor.  I tried using the brush on max settings to move it but the armor piece is too big and warps when I try to move it one of the armors im referring to is the cbbe 3 black dragon armor.  the length of the arm piece and the distance and position I need to move it to makes it difficult to do it with the brush

Did you add any weights to your armor such as T/BBP ?

If so, then post your modified .nif after your used bodyslide (just 1 of them will do) and I'll try to see if there are any .nif corruptions/ if you imported the reference shape into it.

Edit: Just fixed the TBBP/BBP steps in my guide on page 7. Link is in my sig.

OK that may just make sense to me now, as I just rechecked to make sure I did add the bone weights (and it still does the weird thing, so yeah gotta repaint). Thanks for the input!

Did you copy bone weights from the start? If so, that may be your problem to begin with. They were already weighted perfectly. Remember, weights are to a skeleton, not to a body.

Try importing the northgirl pants with UNP to CBBE, conform, then set it to 100 and set to base shape then import CBBE Advanced reference shape and conform. Then use the mask tool to make all the skin dark that you want showing with the armor and then do slider>new zap slider or something like that, then click the pencil tool on that new slider and then do slider>properties and set it to 100/100 and hidden.

That should be all you have to do.

First off thanks for all the advice and help you've given me, but alas I just can't seem to get this trouser conversion right. No matter what I try and no matter helpful advice I get, the weird issue persists with the legs. So for now I'm gonna chill from converting this particular mod, as it left me a bit burnt out.

If anyone wants to ply themselves at continuing the work put in, feel to download the files below;

https://anonfiles.com/file/c703a86c934e87f35441cb98d3fd7656

Hope ya guys have better luck than I did. Now if ya excuse me, I'm gonna finish up another armor conversion that I've been having far better luck with(just need to do the boots then I'm set to share with y'all).

HI First english is not mi native language..

-after you have all your conversion done just select the meshe part and the tab BONES:

then select : "NPC L Thight (Ltgh)" Bone. as you can see in the picture some of the weight pass to the right tight.  that cause your problem, only need to delete that part.

-first in Tab EDIT  Uncheck "X Mirror"  shortcut is X  to prevent left tight accidental modifications.

-second Press "spacebar in you keyboar " and reduce the size of the brush to 200 or any number you like to be more precise when delete weights.

-third Press and DON'T release ALT  whith "ALT" presed just use your mouse to delete manualy that part of the weight painting.

repeat the same for "NPC R Thight (Rtgh)" Bone.

9uvs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

NorthTrousers.xml

here xml done if u like

Screens:

post-68175-0-04308000-1389190999_thumb.jpg

this also is usefull under arms sometimes breast weight pass to arms or arms to breast and produce some weird isues

EDIT: the 90% of the times the original weight of the armor is the best you can use. if already have bbp or tbbp better don't touch it.

also alwais check that 2 bones. is common to have that isue when converting from one body to another.:P

2) Load the _1 armor.

Huh, doing that, I was almost able to convert Ebony Skull armor. Just getting a weird collarbone issue on the base shape when I try to actually 'bodyslide' it.

2) Load the _1 armor.

Huh, doing that, I was almost able to convert Ebony Skull armor. Just getting a weird collarbone issue on the base shape when I try to actually 'bodyslide' it.

Did you start with the CBBE version of Ebony Skull? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27594/

That should make it easier at least.

Dont suppose anyone knows of a CBBE BBP Bodyslide replace of vanilla clothes/armor?

Not a skimpy version though.

The OCR mod is just what you want (not fully done yet): Link

Awesome thanks!

Any idea about Armour?

BBP version of vanilla/Caliente sets haven't been released by anyone, at least not to my knowledge

on an unrelated note:

Art of Magicka TBBP Bodyslide:

Alright, not gonna lie this was a pain in the ass to do...

Notes:

Haven't touched any of the rune folder meshes (no rune amulets/labia rings) EXCEPT the belly piercing <---- Someone please test this!

Haven't done any of the gauntlets/arm fixtures if they contain their own seperate mesh.

The above are due to bodyslide limitations, they will be fixed when a newer bodyslide comes out.

Or if any of you have nifskope/blender/3d modelling experience and can make a fix feel free to reply in thread and i'll include it in the main file!

DOWNLOAD

As always feedback/pictures always welcome (Spent so much time making this, but no time testing in-game, so I would really appreciate some screenies :) )

Question: Why'd I make this?

Answer: I saw this and immediately wanted to try it out for the Alan's pack modifications but it requires Art of Magicka, and since alan's conversions don't work too well in Outfit Studio yet, I decided i'd make a conversion of this in the meanwhile!

Future plans:

Alan's BBP armorpack made into TBBP Bodyslide (On hold for a newer version of bodyslide)

In the meanwhile feel free to drop requests in the thread so that others out there can post theirs if they've made one or to take up your request :)

(If I like it I'll make a TBBP conversion of it).

2) Load the _1 armor.

Did you start with the CBBE version of Ebony Skull? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27594/

That should make it easier at least.

I don't think that has the CHBSCH Ebony Skull armor.

It's much skimpier than those, from what I could see. Think its from a Japanese modder.