CTD on ESC key

DeepBlueFrog

Has anyone experienced this one before?

Something in my Sisterhood of Dibella is causing the game to crash frequently when standing in the Temple of Dibella and opening the menu with the ESC key.

I haven't been able to find anyone reporting that kind of crash while modding... not sure what I could have done to cause it.

It doesn't happen all the time. 

One possible cause would be an MCM menu, but I have no MCM in the Sisterhood.

Do you use Mod Organizer?

I started to experience that when I switched to it. The first time I used it I installed some mods manually (not through the virtual file system) and started getting that issue.

To solve it, I had to do a clean install, and force all mods to be loaded through virtual file system. Some mods needed to be repackaged to get into the system, I can't remember which ones though. The only mods which should be installed manually are the ones which place files in the executables folder (has the launcher in it).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply but I don't use Mod Organizer (I tried a couple of times but I have a finely crafted load order and I couldn't find a way to import it into MO.. and the perspective of creating a profile and loading each mod manually was daunting :) ).

In this instance, it seems like a mod related issue.

Someone else reported seeing crash on ESC in the same area.

It feels like I changed something or made a dirty edit that is causing the game to crash when the menu is opened in that area.

So far, not seeing any warning in Papyrus and in TES5edit.

I have a couple of things to change in these areas anyway - fix a missing environment map on coins / marks of dibella, finalize navmesh errors and fix AI packages for the sisters. 

I am hoping maybe one of these is the cause.

Archived