IGNORED

Cannot finish SQ5.

villhadig

When I am doing the last quest, the recruiting one, I get stuck on the third recruit. I complete the two earlier recruiting quests and when I talk to the third one I get a "I HAVE NO GREETING" message from her and then no dialogue options. This have so far happened even though I switch order on which I perform first and if I talk to one first and then go to the next, the next one will give the same message.

Edit: Not only that, just realised EVERYONE gets a "I HAVE NO GREETING" message, even random NPCs on the street.

Now when I finish the Coronation and press done on the "Dont forget to endorse!!! Bye!!!" message' date=' I crash to desktop shortly after. :(

[/quote']

This is actually a feature.

In an unusual choice for an open-ended game, it was decided that CLS would have a defined ending. After that, it's "game over", i.e., the mod exits Oblivion to desktop. It's sort of like a Final Fantasy game; if you have CLS installed but want to continue exploring Oblivion, questing and all that, just don't finish the quest.

This was done for two reasons; CLS is large and complex, with tons of scripting. It's easy to break. It's mean to be played and uninstalled, due to it not being able to play nice with a fair few other mods. Secondly, it makes more sense from a story perspective to end it after what will be the final encounter. Leaving it open-ended won't make any sense plot-wise.

Once the next part of the mod it out, you'll be able to play past the Coronation. But you will still get an exit-to-desktop at the end of the quest.

• 1 month later...

Now when I finish the Coronation and press done on the "Dont forget to endorse!!! Bye!!!" message' date=' I crash to desktop shortly after. :(

[/quote']

This is actually a feature.

In an unusual choice for an open-ended game, it was decided that CLS would have a defined ending. After that, it's "game over", i.e., the mod exits Oblivion to desktop. It's sort of like a Final Fantasy game; if you have CLS installed but want to continue exploring Oblivion, questing and all that, just don't finish the quest.

This was done for two reasons; CLS is large and complex, with tons of scripting. It's easy to break. It's mean to be played and uninstalled, due to it not being able to play nice with a fair few other mods. Secondly, it makes more sense from a story perspective to end it after what will be the final encounter. Leaving it open-ended won't make any sense plot-wise.

Once the next part of the mod it out, you'll be able to play past the Coronation. But you will still get an exit-to-desktop at the end of the quest.

This feature is, to put it bluntly, an abomination... I simply removed it.

Sorry you feel that way, I guess.

The completed version will retain the "game over" feature, but it will also have a sensible "break point" where you will be thoroughly informed of what will happen if/when you decide to finish. During this break, you'll be able to quest as normal. You'd only miss out on one final battle. You'd have no real reason to do it more than twice anyway (not sure I'm supposed to tell you this, but the ending will have two possible outcomes), so reloading after the "game over" from a save file in the break room doesn't rob you of anything.

The "game over" in the current beta is pretty blunt, I know. It seems worse than it really will be.

Of course, if the potential plot inconsistency doesn't bother you, you're free to remove it from your esp.

Sorry you feel that way' date=' I guess.

The completed version will retain the "game over" feature, but it will also have a sensible "break point" where you will be thoroughly informed of what will happen if/when you decide to finish. During this break, you'll be able to quest as normal. You'd only miss out on one final battle. You'd have no real reason to do it more than twice anyway (not sure I'm supposed to tell you this, but the ending will have two possible outcomes), so reloading after the "game over" from a save file in the break room doesn't rob you of anything.

The "game over" in the current beta is pretty blunt, I know. It seems worse than it really will be.

Of course, if the potential plot inconsistency doesn't bother you, you're free to remove it from your esp.

[/quote']

It has nothing to do with inconsistency. It has everything to do with not wanting my save file locked in a con_QuitGame loop because you decided you were in charge of how I play my game. You could have accomplished the same thing with a paragraph of text...

Stuck in a loop? That shouldn't happen at all. I'll bring this up to the others ASAP' date=' that sounds like a critical bug.

[/quote']

It's the stage 200 portion of the main vtoy quest, if you lack a token you get a 2 stage message and then it defaults to (from then on) con_QuitGame which traps that save file ... every load of it produces con_QuitGame before you can console a fix. I think you misunderstand what I meant by loop... I meant you can try to load your save as much as you want but it will just exit when vtoy gets loaded. According to what you said, this is intended behavior.

So just remove vtoy.esp from your load order and you can on. I don't understand' date=' that doesn't work?

[/quote']

C'mon, Grumpf, you know that isn't the issue... but I appreciate the sarcasm...

I already mentioned I removed this feature. It isn't rocket science to comment out a few lines and have your con_QuitGame simply move me to stage 210 and continue on. The problem is that no mod should take it upon themselves to render someone's save file unusable until the user either waits for you to release a new version or removes your mod... that is pretty unforgivable.

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, I swear that was not the idea.

Maybe we can go on with PM so I'll try to understand better. I think my English is quite good but sometimes it's a bit above me...

I'm here, I'm not fast but I never say no or ignore anyone.

Cheers!

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic' date=' I swear that was not the idea.

Maybe we can go on with PM so I'll try to understand better. I think my English is quite good but sometimes it's a bit above me...

I'm here, I'm not fast but I never say no or ignore anyone.

Cheers!

[/quote']

No need to continue any discussion...

Basically you have 3 options:

1. If you're confident in your design choice, disregard my feedback.

2. If you think I'm correct, alter your design choice.

3. Compromise somewhere in between.

I'm not telling you what to do, just how I feel about what you've done. It's your mod and you're free to make whatever design choices you like but understand not every user will like your choices and some may hate them. All I can say is that had I been aware of this design "feature", I would not have downloaded the new update.

Archived