A more "immersive" rape dialogue sytem?

kevanlol

The current diagogue being played, as well as the rape system seems pretty bland (as far as what could be done, not compared to other games). You don't get to control what is said or the sequence at all, nor do you have a realistic way to escape.

I was thinking of a better way for the rape dialogue and here is what I have come up with:

First off, I don't know much about the current system, nor am I an experienced programmer, but I can still see what is going on enough to propose a better way. The current rape scene actually only varies slightly from a consentual scene with the option of spamming right click to get out of it with the escape addon, or the npc just kinda is there and you abuse it. It doesn't seem very realistic, nor does it give the impression of "role-playing" as either character. If I am playing some buff fighter chick, I should be able to instantly toss any weakling away, breaking their neck in the process. How dare they!

It seems the current sex and dialogue scene plays out like this, as I have seen from play and looking at the configuration window:

start

Phase 1: X Seconds

Phase 2: X Seconds

Phase 3: X Seconds

Phase 4: X-Y Seconds

end

With a dialogue comment every Z seconds.

Here is my suggestion on how it should be:

(Dialogue)

Phase 1: (X/4) Seconds

Phase 1(Dialogue): X Seconds

With the same set up for the other phases, except for the final.

The "Dialogue" phases would be the same animation as the phase it is in, and it would play while you select a dialogue option. The options would be what you say or attemtp to do to the NPC with various results on the outcome of the scene based upon what you selected. If an option is not selected, the "Passive" option is automatically selected. This is to keep the script from running over itself.

Additionally, it doesn't neccessarily have to be a tpyical "dialogue" sequence as in game which would likely mess up the whole process. It could simply be a prompt to click on one of three options, or press one of three keys.

You won't actually see the specific responses, however, by choosing one of the options that selects what type of comments will be said until the next dialogue sequence. Such as, if the current dialogue comments were divided into groups, it would be selecting what group to randomly select from. The NPC would also make comments with the similar theme.

You would also perform different actions based upon your choices, potentially allowing you to escape, or preventing an npc from escaping.

Types of choices:

1. "Passive" - Basic comment. Similar to things currently being said.

2. "Aggressive" - Insults the NPC and either tries to escape or to prevent the NPC from escaping.

3. "Diplomatic" - Asks for mercy, pleads to be let go, or tells the NPC to relax if it wants to live through it.

Basically, you will have two "scores" calculated from your stats.

"Aggressive" score: Calculated from things like agility/speed/strength

"Diplomatic" score: Calculated from things like intelligence/willpower/personality.

So when you try to escape using aggressive or diplomatic options, it performs a roll based upon your score versus either the opponents score or other modifyer to determine if it is successful.

The agressive roll simply challenges your attributes versus the npcs, I will leave the people who code and make mods to find the best way for the roll-off. I don't know much about the game mechanics or this type of programming to make the system realistic.

Every "dialogue sequence", the NPC also automatically performs an aggressive roll when the options are activated, along with saying whatever they would normally say, similarly to the current system. If their aggressive roll is successful, they either manage to escape from you, or they "tighten their grip", lowering your aggressive score. This makes chances of escape smaller and smaller as the scene progresses. A NPC will also automatically lower your diplomacy score slightly every time they attempt an aggressive roll, as the longer it goes on you are less likely to talk your way out of it. A NPC will not attempt to escape by diplomacy, for obvious reasons.

An agressive roll works in the same way if you are raping someone as it does for the npc. You "tighten your grip", and if it is successful, it will lower the npcs aggressive score, making them less likely to be able to escape.

Unlike the aggressive roll, the diplomacy roll is against the lewdness score, or whatever is already used for the similar thing. I am not sure what method you use for calculating that, as I know it is there. An npc who normally wouldn't try to initiate a rape would be more likely to if you were already being raped, or if you took your clothes off or started masturbating, etc. The more lewd the area, the less likely diplomacy will work. Trying to talk your way out of being raped by a npc shortly after he saw you being raped and was waiting his turn, or you are standing there nude is unlikely to be effective. The reverse is true when trying a diplomacy roll on an NPC while you are initiating it. The hornier that npc is, the more likely it is to work.

Additionally, the NPC's responsibility score is taken into effect, the lower their responsibility is, the less effective a diplomacy roll will be.

So basically, unless you are a high intellect character, or specialize in diplomacy-type skills, it will have a extremely low chance of being successful. The same is true for trying to be aggressive as a intellect-type character, as they probably have low strength and other similar stats.

The initial dialogue screen is displayed only if it was out of combat, and a "surprise rape" was not initiated. During the initial dialogue, the npc makes no automatic rolls to lower your aggressive score, and you receive a bonus to a diplomacy roll, so if you are a high intellect-type character, in the initial dialogue you are more likely to escape than trying to overpower them to begin with.

The initial dialogue diplomacy roll for when you are initiating a rape actually turns it consentual if it succeeds, but you cannot perform diplomacy rolls mid-rape if you are the raper.

The initial dialogue aggressive roll will also receive a bonus, as you are better able to fight off someone who hasn't already pinned you down.

It doesn't makes sense for some level 1 beggar to run up and mount you when you are proficient at dragon slaying, and then throw them off you after a few thrusts, you would likely be able to stop them to begin with. It will also be nearly impossible for an npc to escape when you are a big bad buff mo'fo.

But wait, that is only half of it, there is more. Performing an aggressive roll will lower your fatigue. When you are raping and do an aggressive roll, you damage the npc's health. This means you can only attempt to escape or tighten your grip so many times, as opposed to the current system of just spamming right-click.

It doesn't neccesarily have to be fatigue, it could be magika, health, or a resource artifically created, similarly to SP (I forget what mod adds it). It could be based upon your endurance or something else. Maybe like "resistance points", as when you are out, you are too tired and lose the will to fight until you generate more, but I think fatigue works and it would probably be the easiest, and even somewhat realistic.

Performing a diplomacy roll that fails will also lower your fatigue, though much less than an aggressive roll, as it requires less effort to beg for mercy than to throw someone off of you.

During sex scenes your fatigue does not regenerate. Using the "passive" dialogue option will not attempt to escape, but it will regenerate a portion of your fatigue. Npcs being raped will also regenerate some health every time you are passive. You will be unable to attempt to escape when low on fatigue, and after a rape is completed, you get a short buff (5-10 seconds) that prevents passive fatigue regeneration.

If you manage to successfully escape with an aggressive roll, the npc won't like it too much, and will try to tackle you to begin again, at which point you can do the normal block to prevent it, or you will have the option to do an initial agressive or diplomacy roll which is not penalized, as you would be more likely to "fight them off" when you aren't pinned down under them, provided you have enough fatigue to struggle to begin with. However, a diplomacy roll will probably not be effective, as the lewdness is probably extremely high. However, successfuly performing a diplomacy roll changes the NPC's alignment, and it will attack other NPCs attempting to rape you.

Alternatively, if an npc escapes you with its aggressive roll, you can run them down as well.

What do you think of this system?

Would it be more immersive and fun?

Would it be too complicated?

I just think if you guys went this far to create such a detailed adult system compared to other games... maybe you could go a little further.

Additionally, the stamina system could further be implemented into consentual scenes, as you would have to balance wearing yourself out and being humiliated infront of that lady who you told that not two minutes ago that you were the best lover.

A question: Have you tried out LoversVoiceSSP Plus? it adds dialogue/comments appropriate to the type of sex, the genders in the sex, and more. While not as in depth as yours, there is already a working system. However, I really like the idea, I just would like to know if you've already tried that plugin.

A question: Have you tried out LoversVoiceSSP Plus? it adds dialogue/comments appropriate to the type of sex' date=' the genders in the sex, and more. While not as in depth as yours, there is already a working system. However, I really like the idea, I just would like to know if you've already tried that plugin.

[/quote']

Yes I have been using it.

Now that I think about it though, an easy improvement to the current systme would be to just make the rapeescape plugin simply drain an amount of stamina every time you right clicked, so you are unable to just sit there and spam it. Would make escaping a lot more interesting than "spam right click" at least.

A question: Have you tried out LoversVoiceSSP Plus? it adds dialogue/comments appropriate to the type of sex' date=' the genders in the sex, and more. While not as in depth as yours, there is already a working system. However, I really like the idea, I just would like to know if you've already tried that plugin.

[/quote']

Now that I think about it though, an easy improvement to the current systme would be to just make the rapeescape plugin simply drain an amount of stamina every time you right clicked, so you are unable to just sit there and spam it. Would make escaping a lot more interesting than "spam right click" at least.

That's a really good idea! In the past, I would limit myself to a certain amount of time between attempts, and if I couldn't free myself before the third stage, I couldn't try again. Also I "made" certain positions inescapable (cause how can a woman escape rape when the guy has her hands cuffed and behind her back?) as I really hated how it was so easy to escape. Spamming was when I was raped for ridiculous reasons or I didn't have to time for that at the moment. However, making a legitimate system where you only have a certain amount of attempts of escape is a very good idea, and it doesn't seem hard to implement at all.

[/quote']

That's a really good idea! In the past, I would limit myself to a certain amount of time between attempts, and if I couldn't free myself before the third stage, I couldn't try again. Also I "made" certain positions inescapable (cause how can a woman escape rape when the guy has her hands cuffed and behind her back?) as I really hated how it was so easy to escape. Spamming was when I was raped for ridiculous reasons or I didn't have to time for that at the moment. However, making a legitimate system where you only have a certain amount of attempts of escape is a very good idea, and it doesn't seem hard to implement at all.

The current "roleplay" is you just download a mod which makes enemies that are weaker than you less likely to succeed in initiating the rape. The rationale being that, if you could have escaped, they wouldn't have succeeded in initiating it to begin with. That is not very immersive or fun to play.

I know extremely little about oblivion scripting, but I can see that this wouldn't be a hard change.

The script iself for the actual right click attempt to escape is simple, just a if statement on the outcome of a random number generation. The only thing that would need to be changed is adding a negative fatigue mod line, and then putting the entire block of code within another if statement, being that it does the function GetFatiguePercentage, and only would actually do it to begin with if you had enough.

I have tried it, but I can't seem to get it to save. The toolset gets tons of errors when I try to save because it has like foreign characters or something in the other un-modified parts of the script, and it can't recognize them.

If anyone could tell me how to get around that problem, or just do this 2 minute change themselves, I would be happy.

Archived