IGNORED

complete re-install of skyrim help

Guest corespore

Guest corespore

First i want to take a second to thank everyone for helping me thus-far. I screwed a ton of things up in my game and there was always someone here to help with an answer, and i can't put into words how much it means to be part of a community that actually cares enough to help people in need.

So basically here's where it all sort of went wrong for my skyrim game. About a month ago i noticed that there were missing missions in my  dragonborn DLC, "no big deal" i would say and just console command past it, the game glitches from time to time its a fact and i can deal with that. But the problem only got worse, so much so that about 3/4 of my dragonborn missions are gone and half of my dawnguard ones as well. This whole time i was using NMM and i'm not blaming it, after all, i downloaded it, i used mods on it, and i removed mods from it all as a matter of choice, but the fact remains it was the tool i used to turn my game into a pile of steaming dookey. I did what everyone does i just verified my game cache when it got out of control and everything worked....for a while anyways. But i had my fill of unnecessary  issues with dealing with NMM and decided to switch to mod organizer (MO). I followed a soft re-install of the game using instructions from S.T.E.P.S website but i'm afraid it's too little too late. Even after I verify game cache using steam my Skyrim game is so shot full of holes even creation kit cant find half of the textures even though there are there, basically steam is dumping missing files into a black hole. I'm swallowing a bitter pill and doing what i should have done and just hard re-install the game.

So i have the legendary edition on disk along with the verification code (if i actually need it that is). I want to do a complete un-install of skyrim and do a complete reload from the disk. and i want NMM off my PC for good, i mean i REALLY want it  gone.

so after all my rambling here's my three questions.

1. how do i erase the current game?, i don't want to do yet another verify game cache (I've done three in a row, they aren't going to work anymore)  i       want to completely remove it and do a virgin install from disk. If someone could give me specific file path for deleting all the game that would be great.

2. can i do a re-install from disk?, i would like to perhaps run steam in offline mode and do this from disk so i don't spend the next 9 hours picking my           nose when a disk install would take a fraction of time and the quality would be better as well. I do plan on pulling the high-res texture packs from the game and dropping them into my skyrim game folder so i don't have to download them again when i do a verify game cache after i finish the re-install.

3. how do i erase NMM? I don't just want it disabled i want it deleted. can anyone supply specific file paths for removing it for good.

Just go to where the game is installed and wipe it all out if there is a uninstall option use that as well but wiping out the folder makes sure that it is all gone it is how I re install games like fallout nv oblivion and skyrim from steam because when you uninstall it might not get everything. To remove NMM got to start control panel find add and remove then find it in the list of things installed on your computer and uninstall it there may be a folder in program folder. I use NMM but I have long since stop it from ever updating when it started going down hill is when I went back to a later build and have kept it there ever since.

To find the NMM folder do a search of your C: drive with the words nexus mod manager it will pick up everything with that name and show it and can remove them that way. I just did a search and it showed  C:\Users\name\My Documents for me might be the same might be different for you.

Guest corespore

So i found an un-install option in the NMM file and used it, but when i did a hard-drive scan i found out it was loaded in a second place as well. I used the un-install option again and after scanning my drive for the word nexus found some lose files (mostly crash reports ironically) and deleted those as well, i'm not sure if the program only goes by the name nexus but hopefully i got all of it. I went into c:\program\programfiles(86),steam\steamAPPs\common\skyrim and removed the entire file and after a few tried finally got steam to do a disk install instead of a cache install, though it's now doing a game files sync it's already 71% done so the disk install was quicker. Hopefully with this switch over to mod organizer i wount be shafting my Skyrim game folder anymore.

Guest corespore

It turned out all i had to do was remove the separate files from FNIS in the folder before i dropped it in the game for it to work. So in the end all i have in my game folder now is SKSE, CK, FNIS, and Mod Organizer. It only took 9 hours but i did a virgin re-install of skyrim and now have all the mods i wanted to (60 or so) running from MO with no issues as far as i can tell. With out my mod manager dropping random files into my game folder (and mayhaps some luck too) this will be that last time i'll need to mess with my game folder again. Thanks for the helpful tips.

Archived