Loading and saving a game take ages!

dje34

Hi fellow loverslab members !

My problem is quite simple : 

At lvl 1, it takes around 10 seconds to save and load a game. 

At lvl 30, it takes 5 to 15 minutes to save and load a game !

At lvl 80, how long will it take ??!!!! 1 hour ??!!!

I think the problem comes from the RAM and the bunch of mods (well, not so many, 68 ! plus some custom textures and meshes and SkyUI and SKSE and an ENB...)  I'm using but is there any way to solve this problem ?

I tried to use this but nothing changed about the loading time and when I crossed the door, the game crashed so I deleted it and everything got back to 'normal'.

Did you have this problem and how did you solve it ?

Of course, I could delete some mods and I think it could work but they are cool and I don't want to. And some people have a lot more than 68 mods and don't complain ! There should be a way of reducing the loading/saving time ! Any other idea ?

Well if safety load doesn't help then it has to be something else how bloated are your save files look at them and check the size of each one because one of those mods that you love could be bloating your save file and it will continue to make your save files get bigger and bigger till you can no longer use it.

Thanks for your answers ! Should have known it has something to do with the file size but for some reason I didn't check before!

My save is 138,206 KB... do you think it's too heavy?

Just to let you know, I'm using BOSS, I know it will sound noobish but how can I get my load order list without having to type it all by myself ? Because it's really time consuming !

Thanks for your answers ! Should have known it has something to do with the file size but for some reason I didn't check before!

Just to let you know, I'm using BOSS, I know it will sound noobish but how can I get my load order list without having to type it all by myself ? Because it's really time consuming !

printscreen key

Once you use the prt scr you will need to paste it into something like photoshop gimp paint net or even the windows paint and select paste then once it's loaded into one of the above options save it and then upload it by using the more reply option which will then have the option to upload a file.

Sometimes the problem is the ENB mods... try a load, with all this mods uninstaled.

Ok,

I unloaded all the mods

Loaded the game, nothing changed, around 10 minutes to load...

Tried to save the game on a new slot... got infinite saving bug.

Loaded the game, nothing changed, around 10 minutes to load...

Tried to save once again, got CTD.

Hi fellow loverslab members !

My problem is quite simple : 

At lvl 1, it takes around 10 seconds to save and load a game. 

At lvl 30, it takes 5 to 15 minutes to save and load a game !

At lvl 80, how long will it take ??!!!! 1 hour ??!!!

I think the problem comes from the RAM and the bunch of mods (well, not so many, 68 ! plus some custom textures and meshes and SkyUI and SKSE and an ENB...)  I'm using but is there any way to solve this problem ?

I tried to use this but nothing changed about the loading time and when I crossed the door, the game crashed so I deleted it and everything got back to 'normal'.

Did you have this problem and how did you solve it ?

Of course, I could delete some mods and I think it could work but they are cool and I don't want to. And some people have a lot more than 68 mods and don't complain ! There should be a way of reducing the loading/saving time ! Any other idea ?

Saftyload suppose to crash you to desktop thats is the main porpose of that mod, but it also get you into game alot more instead of long loadingtimes.

Remove one by one your mods from bottom untill no longer problem accurs then you know what mods or mods couse this and slowly activate mods again make sure you make new character then go to main character and make clean saves constantly.

If that dont help make sure your main character is alone and better its almost vanilla again make new save and reinstall 100% clean install.

Just unload mods may not help you, some mod need to clean/uninstall from MCM first before deactivate the esp.

You can try this minimum mod config with a new game to see whether it bloat the same or not.

However, with the existing save I suggest you check each mod uninstallation instruction and uninstall it according to instruction one by one.

I may be wrong but I think Enhanced Character Edit and Character Making Extender are more or less same enhanced mod or at least doing the same thing right?

Yes it is... Should be around 15MB or less. Bad scripted mods can cause this. I am not sure if there is a fix.

Custom textures and meshes, SkyUI, SKSE, ENBs are safe.

Do you have previous save files with normal size?

Yes, as I said, at lvl 1 it takes 10 seconds to save and load. My save is 3 MB at this lvl. Now that I think about it, could hdtPhysicsExtension v11-9 be involved ?

Just unload mods may not help you, some mod need to clean/uninstall from MCM first before deactivate the esp.

You can try this minimum mod config with a new game to see whether it bloat the same or not.

However, with the existing save I suggest you check each mod uninstallation instruction and uninstall it according to instruction one by one.

I may be wrong but I think Enhanced Character Edit and Character Making Extender are more or less same enhanced mod or at least doing the same thing right?

Huh ? Actually I think it was a package with both of them, look at this topic . And it took me 8 hours to install all the mods correctly, check the load order and clean the dirty edits... Sorry but I'm not planning on doing this before an awesomely-fucking-amazing-mod-needing-a-freshly-new-installation catches my eye.  :P

I had a problem like this saving normally. I'd go to save and then nothing happened. I just use the savegame command from the console now. As for the size? 138MB save?!?! As stated above it should only be around 15MB in size.

Didn't know that ! Thanks for the tip, I'll try !

Huh ? Actually I think it was a package with both of them, look at this topic . And it took me 8 hours to install all the mods correctly, check the load order and clean the dirty edits... Sorry but I'm not planning on doing this before an awesomely-fucking-amazing-mod-needing-a-freshly-new-installation catches my eye.  :P

My bad.  Never use the mods (ECE/CME) myself.  :blush:

However, my comment about clean/uninstall still stands.  :shy:

I had a problem like this saving normally. I'd go to save and then nothing happened. I just use the savegame command from the console now. As for the size? 138MB save?!?! As stated above it should only be around 15MB in size.

I tried it and... nothing changed ! Thanks for helping anyway !

My bad.  Never use the mods (ECE/CME) myself.  :blush:

However, my comment about clean/uninstall still stands.  :shy:

Yeah, I know this is the ultimate solution but it would take hours... But could hdtPhysicsExtension v11-9 be the problem ?

Have you ever removed a mod after you've saved? I learned the hard way that even removing a single mod can potentially bloat a save. In that case I recommend you to start a new game, this time with more caution.

But in case you don't listen to me:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31675

I've seen a few of these 'cleaning' methods, but I still prefer starting a new game than just lingering on my old save. 

I don't think HDT will cause save bloat, CTD perhaps.

For me, I only experience save bloat from previous Defeat (4.2).

Thanks for these informations.

Have you ever removed a mod after you've saved? I learned the hard way that even removing a single mod can potentially bloat a save. In that case I recommend you to start a new game, this time with more caution.

But in case you don't listen to me:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31675

I've seen a few of these 'cleaning' methods, but I still prefer starting a new game than just lingering on my old save. 

I don't remember removing a mod from this save but I could be wrong...

Thanks for the link, I'll try that!

Well, I tried to clean my saves and nothing worked; I don't even know which one of my mods is doing this but now that I've bought Skyrim Legendary Edition I've got to start from scratch so in a way there is no more problem ! 

But now I know which SexLab mods are in conflict (like Defeat and Random running together doing some crossing animations and weird bugs) so I'll be more cautious.

Thanks for helping me, guys !

How well does Skyrim perform on your PC?

If it's a low-end computer,  try using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17400/? and optimize your ENB to your own taste, in which case to decrease the whole pile of shit the game is trying to load. I have dozens of HD armor and armor HD retex mods and running over 189 plugins, including official DLC, unofficial patches. And ever since I made some drastic decisions sacrificing a lot of aesthetic pleasure, my saves load in almost no time. With my character at lvl 37.

You might also want to try http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/‎

Archived