Oblivion to Fallout models

AstorReinhardt

So I have been trying to convert some player made models from Oblivion into Fallout (3 or NV, since both work) and I can't seem to figure it out.

My questions are: Can anyone do this, and would you be willing to convert a list of models (clutter, and some outfits) for me?

I know all about the "you can't take one game's data and put it into another". I'm not trying to do that, i'm trying to get mods made by players into another game. And this would be for my own use, not something I would put up online.

Also some of the armors/outfits I want are...a little adult themed. Didn't know if I should put this question in adult mods or not so...yeah.

this is relevant to my interests. :3

in other words' date=' i'd like the same thing. there's a lot more adult mods for oblivion than fallout it seems, especially adult outfits

[/quote']

Exactly. For instance there is a huge list of adult male armor's that, well won't "fit" in with fallout but they look sexy and pretty!

It's hard enough finding things for men, and if these armor were ported..well I could have more options for my PC.

OK if your boyfreind nos how to use blender. Then here's how you get oblovion armors to work in fallout 3 or NV. First off import a fallout 3 or NV body that you want to convert a armor to. Then make sure to delete the skelton and any meat caps and what not. So all you have left is the body. Now import the armor that you want to convert. Once you do this you will notice that the sleeves don't mesh up with the body. The legs might be a little off to. Now you can either sculpt the arm part of the armor to match up with the body. Or go into edit mode and rotate move the arm vertices until there closely in line with the body. Now that you have it matching up just shape the armor to fit the body. Once that's done delete the oblivion bone structure out of blender. Now to the far left of the buttons display edit menu you will see vertices groups. Start hitting delete in this menu until every things gone. After that if the armor has different pieces you will want to hightlight one of them. then hold shift and highlight another piece. then hold ctrl and hit J. Blender will ask if you want to joint the messes. Say yes and keep doing this untill the armor is joined into one piece. With the armor all in one peice with no vertices gruops on it. Now with the armor highlighted hold shift again and highlight the body mesh. Click on the object button at the bottom of the 3d screen. Then scroll up to scripts and click on bone weight copy. Pick either 2 or 3 in the bone weight copy menu. 3 works great but takes longer. 2 works but isn't as great. What your doing is weighting the armor to the body so they move perfectly with each other. Now when you do this bone weight copy can take any wheres from 5 minute to 30 minute so be warned. You'll see a display at the top of the screen showing blenders progress. Any hoo once blenders done delete the body out of blender. Now go to import and pick a fallout 3 or nv skeleton doesn't matter which. Un highlight every thing except for Import Skeleton only + Parent to selected. Once your bones are on the armor export it and you will probably run into yet another problem. Blender will tell you there are unweighted vertices or some thing like that. But blender will show you which ones. Now if lets say there are unweighted vertices highlighted on both the left and right arm. Just unhightlight either the left or right ones. Then in the menu that you deleted the vertices groups in there is a little button next to the vertices groups name or description. Click on this and pick From the LEFT TORSO ARM BODY SECTION some thing like that but there are for that stand out. Left upper body, left leg, right upper body and right leg. They are capitalized from what I can remember so it should stand out so pick the closes matching vertices group. Any ways back to it hit assign in the vertices group menu and go to export it again. Once you do this sense you unhilighted one side blender will fail again. Now just do nothing but pick the closes matching vertices group to what vertices are left. and hit assign. Now after doing all that crap export as a fallout 3 file and that should get you going. OK hope I didn't confuse the hell out of you because I think I confused myself a little bit. But the main part is to get the armor bone weight copied to the body. Just dick around after that to get every thing working. Hope this helps....

I have to admit I'm having a tough time switching over to FNV myself. I can export just fine, in nifscope the armor model looks ok to me. Its when I attempt top add the armor in the CS that I run into trouble. The armor is there but underneath the plane zoomed way out and has a flat look to it.

I uploaded the blend file and textures if anyone wants to have a look, and I would greatly appreciate knowing what the heck I'm doing wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6m0rmqcj3vrxji/police.7z

I have to admit I'm having a tough time switching over to FNV myself. I can export just fine' date=' in nifscope the armor model looks ok to me. Its when I attempt top add the armor in the CS that I run into trouble. The armor is there but underneath the plane zoomed way out and has a flat look to it.

I uploaded the blend file and textures if anyone wants to have a look, and I would greatly appreciate knowing what the heck I'm doing wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6m0rmqcj3vrxji/police.7z

[/quote']

Aite I had the Same Problem Like you ...

1.First Off If its Clothing , set the export to cloth don't use default

2.http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=963

Decent tutorial

U have to see ur equipment in geck or it doesnt show in game

Last maybe try shifting ur textures to Fallout textures directory and remapping them to ur mesh , both maps , in blender itself

Im doing One now I ll let u know if it works

Edit : It Works :)

I cant Post Here its Adult Content

I ll Post In http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3584

cheers

Clutter needs to be prepared first in nifscope. then you can added them in blender someone named robot pickle created a simple video tutorial on nexus on how to import clutter in fallout 3 but it is also working for new vegas since those 2 game are basically the same..

Archived