R.I.P. Winamp?

Spell

I'm still using Winamp, minus the bloat that came with the player. I enjoyed using it, I ranked it higher than iTunes or Media Player.

Sure, I hear a lot of very good things about Foobar2000, but what irks me is that some of its fanboys are celebrating Winamp's impending demise, and whatever they comment puts me off from using it.

Actually, you can still get every version of Winamp on OldVersion.com, and I'm sure it'll be mirrored like, everywhere Google can get you ;)

I hope you realize that the issue isn't about acquiring old versions, but ensuring that Winamp will exist in the future in some form or another; new versions will be needed as time goes on, certain features to be added or fixed and so on.

Actually, you can still get every version of Winamp on OldVersion.com, and I'm sure it'll be mirrored like, everywhere Google can get you ;)

I hope you realize that the issue isn't about acquiring old versions, but ensuring that Winamp will exist in the future in some form or another; new versions will be needed as time goes on, certain features to be added or fixed and so on.

Oh yeah, I'm fully aware that computers will no longer launch 32bit applications someday. (just like 16 bit apps from the Windows 3.1 days)  That might take a very long, long time tho.

There was a rumor that M$ was looking to buy the player. Not sure how thrilled I am over that. :P

Switched to foobar long time ago.

My man. I've been using Winamp since like 2001-2002 when I got the Internet connection set up at home. One of the fundamental goods my brother showed me along with KaZaa and other things I don't remember. Switched to foobar circa 2010, I love how minimalistic it is. 

My man. I've been using Winamp since like 2001-2002 when I got the Internet connection set up at home. One of the fundamental goods my brother showed me along with KaZaa and other things I don't remember. Switched to foobar circa 2010, I love how minimalistic it is. 

Same here, and indeed foobar is lightweight and easy to use :)

Archived