Quick Installation Guide

Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

Link is step three is useless. Not saying this to be rude just pointing it out for other new people trying to get this right by themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I need some serious help, I'm following everything step by step and I can't even get any of the mods to work. First of all, following the installation instructions for the required programs is a headache.

So to start things off I just installed Oblivion and updated it to "Oblivion_v1.2.0416English".

OBSE says to only "Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory.". But there's other files and a folder (including sub folders) that look important. So I'm not sure if I'm 'installing' that correctly. Am I?

BUframework instruction state to "1.Put all files in this MOD to the DATA folder of Oblivion.". Which means it wants me to place the included 'data' folder within my Oblivion 'data' folder, rather than merge them (which I'm assuming is what I'm suppose to do, seeing how nothing is working). So do I put the included data folder into my current data folder (creating program files/bethesda softworks/oblivion/data/data) or do I just merge data with data (leaving just 1 data)?

Pluggy is straightforward.

So those are my concerns regarding my setup.

Specifically my issues have become apparent when I went to extract the LoversResource and LoversWithPK_Rev91 packs. Using winrar I get error messages for all files saying that that can't be opened. This tells me that somethings not set up properly.

Please help, I've spent 3-4 hours on this already and I feel like I haven't got anywhere.

I need some serious help' date=' I'm following everything step by step and I can't even get any of the mods to work. First of all, following the installation instructions for the required programs is a headache.

So to start things off I just installed Oblivion and updated it to "Oblivion_v1.2.0416English".

OBSE says to only "Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_loader.exe to your Oblivion directory.". But there's other files and a folder (including sub folders) that look important. So I'm not sure if I'm 'installing' that correctly. Am I?

Those 3 files are all that is needed. The sub folders are just developer stuff. NOTE: you will need to make two sub folders for pluggy and other similar utilities and they are obse\plugins folders. The full path that pluggy goes into is oblivion\data\obse\plugins\

BUframework instruction state to "1.Put all files in this MOD to the DATA folder of Oblivion.". Which means it wants me to place the included 'data' folder within my Oblivion 'data' folder, rather than merge them (which I'm assuming is what I'm suppose to do, seeing how nothing is working). So do I put the included data folder into my current data folder (creating program files/bethesda softworks/oblivion/data/data) or do I just merge data with data (leaving just 1 data)?

NEVER place a data folder into THE data folder as it just won't work. Unzip all mods to a temp location and examine the folder structure to make sure this never happens. You are correct in that you would need to "merge" the two data folders together. As a general rule all esp/esm "files" as well as all meshes/textures/sounds "folders" will go into the oblivion\data\ folder.

Pluggy is straightforward.

So those are my concerns regarding my setup.

Specifically my issues have become apparent when I went to extract the LoversResource and LoversWithPK_Rev91 packs. Using winrar I get error messages for all files saying that that can't be opened. This tells me that somethings not set up properly.

You HAVE to use 7.zip to extract them and many other mods. Winrar just won't work. 7.zip is free so grab it here: http://www.7-zip.org/

Please help, I've spent 3-4 hours on this already and I feel like I haven't got anywhere.

See my answers in red above :)

See my answers in red above :)

Thank you so much. After I posted last night I actually figured out I wasn't able to extract Lovers directly into program files due to admin permission stuffs. So I extracted them into a temp folder and moved it without issue.

Now that I know what I've done wrong I'm going to uninstall everything and start over. Looks like I was putting all the data folders in the wrong place (guess that's what I get for being too literal instead of just using my head).

I feel reassured knowing how to install everything with certainty now. Thanks again.

It's best not to install Oblivion into Program Files at all. Windows UAC (User Access Control) may always mess with mods or mod tools (like Bash). So unless you disable UAC completely (not recommended) or give yourself full access to your Oblivion directory the best solution is to install it somewhere else (like C:\Games\ or something).

Well I know this isn't the right place to ask, but I'm not sure where else would be better on this forum (also, I figured it'd be better than bumping an additional thread).

I got everything installed including some of the general/basic Lovers mods plus creatures. I'm having trouble understanding how everything works (first time oblivion player). I see the spells and know how to use them but I'm not sure of their effects, if any. The ones that adjust the options make sense to me - but that's it.

Also, what initiates Rape from creatures and monsters? Is it random? Can you initiate it yourself? What about for 'passive' animals such as horses and deer?

Once again, I apologize for asking this here. I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of these mods.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest †Foggy♥Sugar†

Step 3) Browse the downloads section for plugins to add the functionality you want to the game. Without one of these plugins' date=' Lovers with PK itself will do nothing. All of it's functionality comes from other plugins (http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Downloads--16)

[/quote']

Hello again after a very long time. I just wanted to point out that the link in this is broken. If I have said this or it has been pointed out which is very likely, please don't ban me or be upset I cannot remember I am only trying to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if this is compatible with Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and Martigen's Monster Mod. I'd like to try this one out' date=' me thinks.

[/quote']

If you mean lovers with PK, then yes it is compatible. Myself I run Better Cites and OOO with lovers without any problems. I have a ton of other mods installed besides that as well. The main mods to avoid are the older sex mods like sexlivion and friends & lovers. Mayus Animation Overhaul also can cause problems.

Other than that you should be ok. Remember that load order is critical and while BOSS is great for other mods it is TERRIBLE for lovers. Run BOSS on your load order and then hand order your lovers files. A guide for a working lovers load order is here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6133

• 1 month later...

Hi' date=' is there anybody using the Shivering Isles downloaded from Direct2drive and have been having any problems or working their way around it?

[/quote']

Why do you ask? Are you having problems? Kinda gotta give a bit to work with here. If you are running Win7 or Vista and it installed oblivion to your program files directory then you are going to have all sorts of problems with UAC.

If this is what is causing your problems then try to find a way to move oblivion out of the program files directory.

Does lovers require the Oblivion Script Extender? As far as I know, it does not work with the D2Drive version of Shiverin Isles.

From the OBSE download page:

OBSE does not work with:

Oblivion 1.2.0.214 This was the official downloadable 1.2 patch. (as of v0017)

Oblivion 1.2.0.410: the Shivering Isles beta patch.

Oblivion 1.2.0.201: the Shivering Isles DVD build.

Oblivion 1.1.0.511 This was the original Oblivion that OBSE supported. (as of v0017)

Oblivion 1.0: the original DVD build of Oblivion.

The Direct2Drive version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by D2D is encrypted, and we cannot patch it without breaking the encryption. We will not do this, as it is illegal.

The Impulse version of Oblivion or Shivering Isles. The Oblivion.exe provided by Impulse is also encrypted.

Yes I had some problem with the d2d Shivering Isles but solved it and it is working fine now. What I did was install Oblivion, update the game, install Shivering Isle, install all the Lovers mod, test the game, and then add the fun clothe armor mods and etc. I've read through all the techincal post and it related mostly to the Oblivion patch.

• 2 weeks later...

i just heard that there is a mod that you hump animals....is this true? what mod is it?

There is no lovers plugins where the player is the aggressor and animals the receiver in sex.

Goranga's prostitution system however, has a feature where the player can literally put on a strapon and hump a horse. But finding a working link to the mod is very hard. You'd have to find if anyone has it.

I believe that goranga's dating system has the same feature iirc.

Sorry.

Well, before Donkey went on hiatus he did include a summon-able tentacle woman\creature that can both rape and be raped in lovers creature.

Additionally if you install the New and Improved animations project made by Donkey the zombie is also able to rape and be raped. Donkey had planned on converting all creatures to have this functionality but his Oblivion disc broke and he halted all work and moved on to FNV.

So unless someone picks up the torch and runs with it that is where things sit presently.

Ashal' date=' I'm wondering why you recommend Pluggy 132 as it is a beta. Would 125b not work? I only ask because I have had some nasty experiences with versions higher than 125b so I havent even bothered with 132 (especially since its been in beta for quite some time.).

[/quote']

No, 125b will NOT work. 125c works for most things, but it is best to use 132. As to the beta status...that is just a matter of the author stopping work on the plugin and not bothering to relabel it from beta to "final". If you notice there has been an update to pluggy since 2010.

Ashal' date=' I'm wondering why you recommend Pluggy 132 as it is a beta. Would 125b not work? I only ask because I have had some nasty experiences with versions higher than 125b so I havent even bothered with 132 (especially since its been in beta for quite some time.).

[/quote']

No, 125b will NOT work. 125c works for most things, but it is best to use 132. As to the beta status...that is just a matter of the author stopping work on the plugin and not bothering to relabel it from beta to "final". If you notice there has been an update to pluggy since 2010.

Ahh, ok. Odd considering I have been using 125b for a while now, although there have been issues i guess. I will defer to your experience and use 132, but like I said I had trouble using it as an upgrade. Perhaps it will do better on a fresh install. Thanks for your advice.:)

Ahh' date=' ok. Odd considering I have been using 125b for a while now, although there have been issues i guess. I will defer to your experience and use 132, but like I said I had trouble using it as an upgrade. Perhaps it will do better on a fresh install. Thanks for your advice.:)

[/quote']

You can "try" using 125c if 132 causes you problems (although I have no idea why it would). 125c should work just fine. It is 125b that just won't cut it.