A few questions.

These questions are already answered i bet, but my hours of reclaiming mods and information on my system has left me drained.  My hard drive crashed and Ive had to restart from scratch (same goes for all my oblivion stuff... im gunna say good bye to that though too much to reclaim.) 

I was trying to figure out what language is used for skyrim scripts?  well what its more like  C++, C#,  etc,  as well I cant seem to find the link we had to the scripting software I could have sworn we had it pinned.

Also, specifically regarding to sexlab frame work,  How does the forbidden actor keys work.  If I make a custom race giant human race (thunder thighs ftw! if i can find em), will it automatically add it to an allowable race?  or will it put it in the forbidden actor factions? 

The thought of having to continuously go through skyrims opening sequence to find out i fudged up is not a good night out for me.

Also, I set my creation kit up to allow multiple files, fixed it so it will load dawnguard and hearth fires properly.  and all my animations and mods work perfectly so far.  so no actually issues with my installs at all so far.

I was trying to figure out what language is used for skyrim scripts?  well what its more like  C++, C#,  etc,  as well I cant seem to find the link we had to the scripting software I could have sworn we had it pinned.

If forced to relate it to another language, I'd say it more closely resembles python or ruby in terms of syntax.

Also, specifically regarding to sexlab frame work,  How does the forbidden actor keys work.  If I make a custom race giant human race (thunder thighs ftw! if i can find em), will it automatically add it to an allowable race?  or will it put it in the forbidden actor factions? 

The thought of having to continuously go through skyrims opening sequence to find out i fudged up is not a good night out for me.

They'll be allowed by default so long as they have the vanilla ActorTypeNPC keyword attached to their race, if they don't have that keyword SexLab will try to validate them as a creature, at which point it needs a registered creature animation for their race to pass validation.

If you're coming from a C background, Papyrus shouldn't be all that difficult, the main thing is it's a lot more minimal syntactically and uses a sort of Prototype-based approach to object oriented programming.

It doesn't take long to get up to speed, I knew literally zero scripting for Skyrim when I started SexLab. I come from a scripted language background though (Python & PHP) so most of it's concepts weren't really new to me, that may have helped. Coming from a compiled language background like you are may be different, I don't know.

Archived