[Proper]Import and Export settings for armor conversions

Mailamea

Anyone can share the proper Import and Export settings in blender for fallout meshes.

Mainly for other body types converted to armors/clothing that uses other bodies.

I have already converted a clothing to the body type i want but i think my export settings sucks cause when importing is done, what i get from the nif when i open it with nifskope is a bunch of meatcaps lol.

Thanks

I have no idea if these are 'proper' but they work for me with minimal tinkering in Nifscope after exporting.

post-66546-0-12402900-1384179610_thumb.jpg

post-66546-0-66565700-1384179642_thumb.jpg

With the settings I use, after export open the nif in Nifsope and reset the body BSShaderPPLightingProperty Shader Type to SHADER_SKIN and the Shader Flags to SF_Specular, SF_Skinned, SF_FaceGen, SF_Remappable_Textures, and SF_ZBuffer_Test. Now right click on the body and go to Mesh and Update Tangent Space.

This leaves all of the clothing and armor bits game ready (can update the tangents on them too if you wish) and the body parts have been fixed.  After all of that is done I always copy and paste into a clean nif that was never ran through Blender.   That way I KNOW all of the NiNodes for the rigging are correct and the meatcaps are still vanilla.

I have no idea if these are 'proper' but they work for me with minimal tinkering in Nifscope after exporting.

attachicon.gifK2BlenderImport.jpg

attachicon.gifK2BlenderExport.jpg

With the settings I use, after export open the nif in Nifsope and reset the body BSShaderPPLightingProperty Shader Type to SHADER_SKIN and the Shader Flags to SF_Specular, SF_Skinned, SF_FaceGen, SF_Remappable_Textures, and SF_ZBuffer_Test. Now right click on the body and go to Mesh and Update Tangent Space.

This leaves all of the clothing and armor bits game ready (can update the tangents on them too if you wish) and the body parts have been fixed.  After all of that is done I always copy and paste into a clean nif that was never ran through Blender.   That way I KNOW all of the NiNodes for the rigging are correct and the meatcaps are still vanilla.

Where do i reset the following in nifskope?

I know the update tangent spaces part learned it the hard way marks left on body when in game.

Thanks

I meant how do I reset the body BSShaderPPLightingProperty Shader Type to SHADER_SKIN and the Shader Flags to SF_Specular, SF_Skinned, SF_FaceGen, SF_Remappable_Textures, and SF_ZBuffer_Test.

sorry it wasnt clear earlier

First click on the body mesh in the render window, it'll become selected in the Block List to your left. Then expand the selected tree and select BSShaderPPLightingProperty. Now move over to the horizontal (by default) window below called ' Block Details ' and there you will see ' Shader Type ' and ' Shader Flags '. Change their values as mentioned.

If you have an older version of NifSkope, the shader flags you need are called: sf_zbuffer_test, sf_shadow_map, sf_shadow_frustrum, sf_window_enviroment_mapping, sf_empty and sf_unkown 31.

I meant how do I reset the body BSShaderPPLightingProperty Shader Type to SHADER_SKIN and the Shader Flags to SF_Specular, SF_Skinned, SF_FaceGen, SF_Remappable_Textures, and SF_ZBuffer_Test.

sorry it wasnt clear earlier

First click on the body mesh in the render window, it'll become selected in the Block List to your left. Then expand the selected tree and select BSShaderPPLightingProperty. Now move over to the horizontal (by default) window below called ' Block Details ' and there you will see ' Shader Type ' and ' Shader Flags '. Change their values as mentioned.

If you have an older version of NifSkope, the shader flags you need are called: sf_zbuffer_test, sf_shadow_map, sf_shadow_frustrum, sf_window_enviroment_mapping, sf_empty and sf_unkown 31.

Thanks a bunch :)

Archived