I need help getting mods to work with skyrim v. 1.6.1170 using mod organizer 2

I hadn't played skyrim in awhile and after updating all my mods to current version and using LOOT and ensuring all .dll files are updated,  I finally boot up the game.  

When I start a new game it keeps starting the intro scene even though I have alternate start live another life on.  When I open the ESC menu theres no longer a MCM its replaced by creations and its not enabling my mods from MO2. I've already started the process of trying to roll back to 1.6.640 but having some issues there too.  

The fact that mods are updating to the current version must mean that some people are able to get it to work right?  Before I finish rolling everything back I would rather just re update to current version and get it working going forward.

You likely have engine fixes installed and with its default settings. One of the engine fixes patches (the achievements one) is bugged in the latest versions, causing it to disable all your mods as you launch your game. I assume it's that and you haven't edited the config file from engine fixes to disable the achievements patch.

Okay so I followed this guide SSE ENGINE FIX Disabling All Mods + Working Achievements [FIXED] - Skyrim SE/AE.  Where I disabled achievements and a few other settings in the .toml file and I still have the same problem.  My skyrim is fully up to date as well as skse and address library.  I downloaded the microsoft vc distributable package.  Not sure what else to do same problem.  I load skyrim through MO2 I start a new game and its like I don't have any mods on at all. I know whether its working or not right away because I have alternate start so when it just loads my character on the cart for Helgen, I know its not working.