Help with GOG Skyrim modding

Getting the "outdated or none skyrim install detected sexlab" error even though I have downloaded the SexLabFrameworkGOG_v165.7z specifically 

As well as the latest version of Address Library.

I am using vortex and simply dragging the unzipped files into the mods list. Could this be the issue? I see MO2 recommended. 

There's a couple of other mod specific issues but I'm hoping they resolve once this issue is resolved.

I can tell other mods like alternate start are working without a hitch. 

Note that the SL version for GOG was made for the 1.6.659 version specifically. The game has received two updates since then so it's very likely you have one of the more recent versions (these numbers are the skyrimse.exe product version BTW). You should be able to get the 659 version from GOG. Then get SKSE for that version too (not the most recent one since that won't be compatible with your 659 game). And then SL framework for GOG should work (assuming you got all the requirements and didn't mix different versions).

6 hours ago, shortspottedcamel said:

Getting the "outdated or none skyrim install detected sexlab" error even though I have downloaded the SexLabFrameworkGOG_v165.7z specifically 

As well as the latest version of Address Library.

I am using vortex and simply dragging the unzipped files into the mods list. Could this be the issue? I see MO2 recommended. 

There's a couple of other mod specific issues but I'm hoping they resolve once this issue is resolved.

I can tell other mods like alternate start are working without a hitch. 

What game version do you have? I downgraded to 1.6.659, cos' I couldn't install even Racemenu.