NWN Adult Modules...?

Tobbe27

I managed to download the files and can confirm that it's a real mod all right. I'm not quite sure what to think of it. It does show some genuine promise, and I liked certain parts. The world seems merciless and the atmosphere in general is quite good. There are several sex scenes to be had. However, at the same time the mod does seem like some sort of elaborate trolling prank. Just in case people want to experience it themselves, I'm putting it inside spoilers.

I played with a female rogue. At a certain point there comes a choice between escaping through the sewers  or going to defend the city with the guards. I chose the latter one. Commander of the guards told me to go explore the apartments with another character. There didn't seem to be any way to proceed in the plot without going into a particular building. As soon as we entered it, that other person anal raped my character and I passed out. A message told me that I never woke up from it, and that I should have escaped while I had the chance. After that I loaded a save, got my rapist killed by zombies and entered the rape building, alone this time. I got teleported somewhere without any explanation, got anal raped by some kind of creature and the game ended with the same message. I guess I should have gone to the sewers, huh?

Besides the ending, there were several other references to anal raping. So... I guess it's the 'thing' of this mod? Anal rape? I don't know how much different thing would have been had I chosen a male character. I assume it would have ended in anal rape either way. Maybe escaping through the sewers ends up in that way too?

Anyways, I don't have any regrets trying the mod out. Thanks for the experience Calicum_Salt. :)

Sorry about the little necro...

I'm kinda having trouble locating the name of the mod you guys tried.

The post above are all pretty long i probably skipped the name...

What's the mod in question?

I've played it some, and so far, both adult and non-adult parts of the game are a bit lacklustre.

A horde of characters with little to no interaction.

Bar the start and a few conversations, there's very little difference between the classes and genders.

Too much railroading.

The story is... weird, at least to me.

The positive is that there are still people creating modules for NWN.

It makes a lot more sense if you look at it as a collection of bits and pieces originally used to string people along now mashed together into a "real" mod. Some of the random weird stuff seems like the author mocking past "internet enemies" by casting them as perverts in the mod.

I don't believe for one second that it's a genuine effort at storytelling, but it does end up blurring the line between a mod and an extended trolling project (and I suppose it deserves praise for that, as I've never seen such before).

It makes a lot more sense if you look at it as a collection of bits and pieces originally used to string people along now mashed together into a "real" mod. Some of the random weird stuff seems like the author mocking past "internet enemies" by casting them as perverts in the mod.

I don't believe for one second that it's a genuine effort at storytelling, but it does end up blurring the line between a mod and an extended trolling project (and I suppose it deserves praise for that, as I've never seen such before).

You have no idea.  Karsh/Snapple has been at this for years.  

He really took getting banned from the original NWvault personally.

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/209712-kickbong-llollerbye-karsh-kale-and-jeeperscreepers-present-the-great-escape-pack-nwn-mods/

http://www.moddb.com/mods/beyond-the-dead-arising

^
KarshKale/Snapple/Jeeperscreepers was a Spanish troll from NWN vault impersonating the real users. Snapple and KarshKale would regularly go on NWN vault down-rating mods to one star.

These two users were also banned from moddb for their impersonation:

http://www.moddb.com/members/jeeperscreepers

http://www.moddb.com/members/Karshkale

Meanwhile despite your complaints and reporting for my mod, I'm still on because I'm a legit user with no connection to those accounts.

Your link to "Beyond the Dead Arising" shows the mod that was in development a few years ago before it was cancelled until I (one of the original developers) "resurrected" it in the form of Manifested Fate Beyond the Dead. Beyond the Dead Arising was uploaded onto moddb by one of the impersonators.

Contrary to the claim of you and the others, the mod has always been a "real" mod as you can see from the stolen description of the original mod and several news reports for the new one I created.

I suggest you drop your grudge though. It's getting tiring hearing people like you bash modules without having ever created your own. If anything, your behaviour bears a striking resemblance to KarshKale/Snapple. If you are him then you've been trolling me and other mod authors for years, impersonating us and so on. I suggest you get a new hobby.

• 1 month later...

Don't know what the deal with it is.  I haven't checked that Celeritas Eos entry there for quite awhile.  Mainly because it was progressing oh so sloooooooowly.  But I don't think you need a moddb account to view it...if it was there.  Which I wonder about now, since I couldn't find it either.

Hope it isn't dead.  Especially since it has been a work in progress for years.  But for now I can't seem to find it either.  Maybe they are moving to another blog account?  Have no idea though.

Don't know what the deal with it is.  I haven't checked that Celeritas Eos entry there for quite awhile.  Mainly because it was progressing oh so sloooooooowly.  But I don't think you need a moddb account to view it...if it was there.  Which I wonder about now, since I couldn't find it either.

Hope it isn't dead.  Especially since it has been a work in progress for years.  But for now I can't seem to find it either.  Maybe they are moving to another blog account?  Have no idea though.

It just up and vanished a week or so ago.

There hadn't been any new posts in a while, as far as I recall.

• 2 weeks later...

Aren't you one of those trolls who was spamming my page too souldead341? Everything is "trolling" according to you and your friend, thhunter. Very curious.

Celeritas Eos is gone? Oh well. I doubt it would have been good as it seemed to be in development hell. Don't worry everyone else, you have Manifested Fate for all your mod needs :)

Based on feedback and how successful the mod has been, I might even consider doing an expansion...

You seem to have a short memory.  I never posted on your pages.  The only interactions I've had with you were expressing doubts in this thread that you'd release the mod when you popped back up for the second release attempt.  Those posts have since been deleted by the mods due to the issues you had with me and others at the time.

As for everything being "trolling", I'll freely admit you did release a mod.  I have not played it, but the reviews from others do indicate to me that it was at least in part a troll, if only to the people who didn't praise and support you.

I call things how I see them, there just seem to be a lot of people who make huge claims about a new or in development NwN mod, then disappear or release highly disappointing demos.  I will, however, freely admit that I was wrong about them possibly being a troll if they reappear and release a full mod.

I don't have a short memory, my page was clearly spammed (mostly by you and your friend exploiting the guest system) and I deleted a lot of comments. Excuse me if I didn't bother to memorize what a bunch of trolls had to say and yes, you've proven your intentions.

These "troll" rumours started from you and your friend and that's what led other people to think it was a trolling attempt but the only "trolls" in the mod are an inclusion of Tyrone, Snapple and JeepersCreepers as NPC's and I freely admitted that.

I thought it was creative to include them in and their appearances aren't even offensive, more comical. If trolls can't handle the heat then perhaps they should stop trolling altogether. I delivered my mod and it's completely playable beginning to end.

All I know however, is that Snapple, JeepersCreepers and Karshkale have been trolling me and other mod authors for many years. And they've gone by many other names so I suspect you're one of them.

Can we stop fighting?

Yelling about it just makes both parties look bad. If anyone feels that they are being targeted on this board then contact a moderator.

If people ignored his initial troll post than then it would have been forgotten two pages ago...

I don't have a download link for it, but I wouldn't bother with the demos they released.  One was just the "city environment" demo, which was just a standard city layout with randomly spawning npcs.

The other was (as far as I could tell) not much more than a couple of npcs with standard join dialogues and not much else.  The layout was a large number of small maps with 2-4 entrances, with nothing but a couple of enemies.  Admittedly there might be something else, but it was so bland and generic I gave up.  

Hey guys, I'm still hoping to find out what happened to the group working on, "Celeritas Eos."

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the beta they can put up a link for?  The descriptions I've read have me intrigued.

The project was weird as hell and the line between normal modders and crazy stalker nutcases/trolls were crossed a few times by the authors. Not sure if it even was a real module or not. Anyway, I got something from their moddb page stored on my HDD, not sure what it is since they released a few things before the whole thing just disappeared and I didn't bother to label it or anything.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cku02rbmcv1w5w1/Celeritas_Eos_-_Requiem.rar

• 9 months later...

Hey guys, I'm still hoping to find out what happened to the group working on, "Celeritas Eos."

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the beta they can put up a link for?  The descriptions I've read have me intrigued.

The project was weird as hell and the line between normal modders and crazy stalker nutcases/trolls were crossed a few times by the authors. Not sure if it even was a real module or not. Anyway, I got something from their moddb page stored on my HDD, not sure what it is since they released a few things before the whole thing just disappeared and I didn't bother to label it or anything.

Wow thank you for the link! Gonna test it out now!

• 9 months later...

Give it a rest, Karsh.

You've been carrying this torch for years. The vault isn't even around anymore.

No one cares that Beyondthepale banned you. Few even remember.

Move on with your life.

Man thhunter, you've been trolling NWN mod authors along with souldead for years. I played that demo of Celeritas Eos and can confirm it was legit.

Sorry for necro'ing this thread but I can't stand trolls.

Manifested Fate probably was a troll mod but hey, it had more creativity than your trolling and I lol'd when I encountered you in it.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the beta they can put up a link for? The descriptions I've read have me intrigued.

It was the demo. It was a real mod but I wouldn't be surprised that the mod authors shut the page down with all the trolling and stalking they experienced from the two individuals in this thread. (Is everyone on Lover's lab like this?)

I also remember RPG Codex railing on about how there was no explicit rape scenes. Perhaps Manifested Fate might suit them.

If there's one good thing from all this trolling, we got Manifested Fate and I haven't laughed that hard in years. (Hint: it makes even more sense when you've been following this online drama)

Archived