NWN Adult Modules...?

Tobbe27

So while poking around at some of these modules, I downloaded Dragon Claw Inn, and was playing around with it a bit.  Long story short, my opening the toolset and fixing a few things in some of the dialogues turned into fixing a lot of things, and I've stumbled into sort of working on it a bit.  I noted that someone else said they were going to work on finishing it on NWVault, but that was six months ago.  I decided to go ahead and see how far I get with my ideas, which extend quite a bit beyond what the original module entailed.  Essentially I'm hoping to expand it out to an actual storyline (however short), and extend it to the town and barony outside the Inn.  I don't want to promise too much, but if I run out of steam I'll post up what I did in case anyone else wants to pick it up.

Overall stuff:

-Modifications to the haks (adding a few better models, especially the nude ones)

-Cleaned up typos/grammar errors (since the original creator was a non-native speaker of english)

-Fixed a few dialogue tree bugs

-Created a small village area outside the Inn

-Moved one of the Quest NPCs outside

-Moved the module start location to the entrance of the Village

-Added a Temple with a Respawn location and Priestess (Limit of 2 total respawns before final death at the moment)

Stuff to Add!

-Finish some of the quests from DCI (or alter/remove as appropriate)

-Village stuff (Blacksmith, Stable, possibly some other stuff for the houses)

-Forest areas to the south of the Village

-Baron's Castle to the north

-Possibly add some pierced models that players can add via in-game dialogue/quests/etc.

Overall Premise:

Something is rotten in the Barony of Torath.  Everyone seems to be unusually addled with lust, from the locals, to the travelers stopping in town.  Worse, it seems to be stirring up some of the monsters and humanoid tribes that normally steer well clear of civilization... can you find out what's causing the troubles?

Ideally there will be something of a "main quest" that you can't progress on until you've completed a certain number of other quests.  From that point, the idea is that there can be different endings based on what you've done in previous quests, and how you've responded to certain things.

As for adult content, the idea is to build on what's already in DCI, with various animations, and following a similar theme, with lots of mature content, though potentially avoidable.

If anyone has ideas or requests though, let me know and I'll try to incorporate them (but no promises).

"...If anyone has ideas or requests though, let me know and I'll try to incorporate them (but no promises)."

First of all: Yes, please! That module was surprisingly engaging for it's length. Building on what's there and adding a main quest line sounds great to me!

What I'd like to see added would be a plot string that gives characters who are just traveling through and don't have any motivation to get involved be drawn into the whole thing despite themselves. Maybe by getting into trouble with authorities, racking up a money debt with someone, with rewards to pay it off available from someone who wants things investigated and so on.

I really like when characters are drawn into investigations/adventure, despite themselves.

I think there also should be an option to avoid said plot by being smart and careful, even though that means you'd go right past the plot and the game would end for you. But staying/getting involved seems more meaningful to me, if it isn't the only option possible.

Also, lots of chances to get in debt and having to pay it off with "favours" also sounds appealing to a part of me ^^

Yeah, I remember someone else also wanting to take up this project.  Was going to toss out a few ideas of my own once I had a chance to replay it.  But have been busy doing other things and haven't gotten a chance to yet.

Regardless, it's great that someone else is taking on this module!  It had such a great beginning and what was there was so very enjoyable to play.   It's a shame that the original author didn't finish up the quests and/or add more updates to it.  So am very happy others are going to add to it!

All the ideas sound great.  Look forward to hearing more Dragon Claw updates ahead!

Wow, nice :) I enjoyed Dragon Claw Inn so far, nice to see someone is interested in expand it.

As a suggestion I will love to get more in depth with the drow society, the drowess there would be a nice point to start; and what about altering the goblin quest?, would be nice to get captured by the tribe instead of killing their leader so easily.

On the topic of Celeritas Eos I can independently confirm that it does exist as I was able to find a copy of the alpha and play it through. I am looking forward to the demo and the release as it is one of the more engaging mods I have played for NWN.

. . . If anyone has ideas or requests though, let me know and I'll try to incorporate them (but no promises).

I only played this mod for the first time yesterday, but it was a lot of fun and had great promise.  I'm thrilled someone is planning on expanding it.

Have you thought of updating this module in steps?  rather than trying to build all the areas at once, and the over-riding plot, it may be more fun to build each 'area' in turn with a handful of side-quests, until you have all the areas built and then build in the underpinning story line along with a few more side quests that cross over between areas?  This would enable you to release a new version of the mod each time an area is completed.  Thus, hopefully, meaning it won't be a year or more before the 1st update, but instead it willl be a stead stream of smaller updates that build up to a full module.  

I'd also say aim it for a female protagonist, rather than letting players chose between playing male or female - it will cut down on a lot of work, as would aiming it for a specific class (for example you could state the players need to be a female half-elf bard who has come to the Inn looking for work).  I've noticed the best adult mods do have such limitations in them, dance with rogues, gladiatrix, demonheart have limitations on what your character can be.  This enables the story to be more focused on the PC, rather than trying to cater to every possibility).  

Here's a few quest ideas:

Existing quests

1/ change half=orc quest so you need to capture the half-orc not kill him - than later at the Baron's castle, have him findable again in the dungeons beneath the castle, where he has a chance at revenge against the PC if the PC ends up in the dungeons.

2/ Have the elf that you help explore the crypt with, not be in the common room when you get up there, but will be later findable in a thieves hide-out in the village.

Road area outside the Inn

1/ A stable behind the Inn, where the PC encounters a horse-thief and has to deal with them, could see this from inn window.

2/ Traveller on the road, is worried an enemy is following them, and hires the PC to hide and intercept the person(s) following him.

Down the Road away from the village/Inn

1/ Group of bandits have setup a camp and are robbing passing travellers.

Nearby forest areas

1/ Hunter's Campsite has been recently attacked, and a trail leads deeper into the forest to a wolf den.

2/ Stone circle that can summon a creature which grants blessings - demon/celestial depending on alignment.

3/ Injured guard asks for help, his patrol was attacked by orcs/ogre/gnolls/manticore/?? and needs PC to see if any are alive and can be rescued.

Village

1/ A series of thefts are happening late at night.  PC tracks this down to local theives guild

2/ Thief guild asks PC to help with a particular job (if pc caught on job ends up a prisoner in dungeon of castle).

3/ Local wizard has been driven out of his tower, due to a mis=cast summoning, needs PC to clear the tower for him.

4/ Farmer was cheated by local merchant and asks PC to help get payback.

Baron's Castle

1/ Prisoner in dungeon - questioned/tortured, put in comunial cell (look out for half-orc with a grudge), need to find way to escape.

2/ Kennel master asks PC if they will help train the baron's guard dogs by wearing padding and being the 'target'.

4/ Guard has a thing for a maid in castle, needs PC's help to deliver messages.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  So far I've tried to split my time between finishing up the unfinished parts of DCI, and adding new stuff.  That way if nothing else, if I don't ever finish the rest of it, I'll at least have finished the original.  I'll try and keep some semi-regular updates as I go.

Ultimately I need to try and keep my aims modest at first, and then worry about tangents. :)

On the topic of Celeritas Eos (again :D) a SECOND demo has been released:

Download it here!

requiemdemo1.jpg

The "Requiem" demo is the second demo for Celeritas Eos ~ Equilibrium of the Night and it is now available to download here. Whilst the Avue demo was to show-case our procedural generation, dynamic AI and fluctuating crime rates system, Requiem gives players the opportunity to play Equilibrium of the Night from the beginning to experience the main plot, explore more than a quarter of the world openly, complete side quests and to see the role-playing features that Equilibrium has to offer.

ce11.jpg

For those new to Celeritas Eos, you can read up on what the mod offers over on RPG Watch. To summarize: "Celeritas Eos is an open world dark fantasy horror survival role playing game set on a fictional world with a low fantasy setting. The aim of the mod has always been to offer an amazing role-playing experience which gives the player complete freedom in what they do and features an open ended non-linear design in terms of exploration and quest completion harkening back to classic RPG's such as Ultima and the original Fallout games."

This demo only requires that you have Neverwinter Nights Diamond installed onto your computer. Everything else you need is right in the .rar package and installation is simple. The demo represents a project still in development so expect the final version to be different (for example, Requiem does not feature the procedural generation, dynamic AI and fluctuating crime rates system that you can observe in the Avue demo).

Faq:

• Why is the demo called "Requiem"?
In Latin, Requiem means mass for the dead. In Catholicism, this is a mass for one or more deceased persons. The demo takes this name in reference to people who journey to Eridanus from other countries and continents as the Church in-game often perform a premature mass for these people, expecting them to fail in their quest to defeat the evil within Eridanus. Since the prologue and Chapter 1 has an emphasis on Lucia's journey from her continent (Polaris) to Eridanus, it was a fitting name for a demo that contains these two chapters.
  • What does this demo consist of?
Requiem gives the player over 25% of the world to explore and (as stated above) consists of both the prologue and Chapter 1. At the start, the player must find a way to leave their home city (which has been quarantined due to a spreading plague) and has numerous options available for them to do so. Most of the quests included in this demo have multiple outcomes and the player also can travel down several role-playing paths influencing how things play out which means that it's advised to replay this demo several times to experience everything.
  • What should I look out for?
Look out for Crowley, he is the second companion you should meet. He's next to the boat on the island. You will understand this when you play. Also look out for the Necropolis, a seventeen area dungeon which will test your mettle but finding it is tricky...

r6A.jpg

• Will I encounter vampires in the demo?
Of course but only if you venture into the Necropolis...
  • I'm getting ass whooped in the Necropolis...
Yeah, about that, it's actually for higher level characters but experienced players who know good tactics can brave it and stand a chance at beating it.
  • I've finished the Cult/Forthaven plot line and chose my allegiance. I'm trying to get to Eridanus on the boat now but the demo won't progress.
Unfortunately that's where the demo ends.

That's all from me. Enjoy the demo and don't forget to leave feedback below or in our forum.

You're probably right - I'll go ahead and do that.  Then it's back to finishing up a couple of things in the toolset (I promised myself I'd get some things done before I go crazy trying out the awesome looking Celeritas demo :) )

Here are my two cents about celeritas eos:

The good:

- revamp of UI

- sound effects

- setting

- time is set to pass faster then in ADWR

- people respond to you being naked

- some quest participants remind you what you should be doing

The bad:

- overused background vocal track in city

=> can you set that as a one off, rather than continuous loop.

- people asking what is a woman doing in a bar which features topless dancers

The could use some work:

-sex scenes, most of them are now 2 continue buttons

-transitions between scenes, such as the ship to intercourse to island

Misc:

-racism seems as a miss in the state it is now.

For an example if there was a prostitution mission in which you have a racist customer, you could earn 50% of your standard fee if you just do the deed, if you role play ( probably in degraded tone ) you could get 100% or 120% standard fee. ( this might be a bad idea? )

Right now it's just a bunch of people being mean to you and you can either attack them, or ignore them...

-area travel

Can you add some quick travel points through the gameworld like the ones in a dance with spies.

-Time skip places and/or items, like in ADWR, ADWS, gladiatrix

-clothes

short dress = full body suit + apron

-some areas are to dark, and could use a few light sources

- you could add some sort of tutorial that interacts with the story

Overall:

This is a mod with huge potential. So far you devs get an A in effort.

What is your targeted window for full game release?

The bad:

- overused background vocal track in city

=> can you set that as a one off, rather than continuous loop.

- people asking what is a woman doing in a bar which features topless dancers

Cheers for the feedback filterfi!

To respond:

• You're the first one thus far to complain about repeating background vocal tracks in the city but I'll check them out. Perhaps more variation is required but I thought the background vocal track was used similar to how other mods have done it.
  • Yeah I agree on that one. It's the remnant of conversations that shouldn't even be there (as originally the strippers weren't in Crook's Corner). Expect that one to be dealt with in the beta release.

Misc:

-racism seems as a miss in the state it is now.

For an example if there was a prostitution mission in which you have a racist customer, you could earn 50% of your standard fee if you just do the deed, if you role play ( probably in degraded tone ) you could get 100% or 120% standard fee. ( this might be a bad idea? )

Right now it's just a bunch of people being mean to you and you can either attack them, or ignore them...

-area travel

Can you add some quick travel points through the gameworld like the ones in a dance with spies.

-Time skip places and/or items, like in ADWR, ADWS, gladiatrix

-clothes

short dress = full body suit + apron

-some areas are to dark, and could use a few light sources

- you could add some sort of tutorial that interacts with the story

Overall:

This is a mod with huge potential. So far you devs get an A in effort.

What is your targeted window for full game release?

• Lucia cannot be a prostitute during the Espilon section so that wouldn't work. The people on Eridanus are not racist so once you get there you don't experience any hostility because of that. On the topic of racism, people have responded differently to it over on our forum where the poll argues that it fits the narrative (currently). 
  • Quick travel is implemented on Eridanus. I thought that it didn't make sense for the uncivilized island to include it and obviously Espilon is too small to require it.
  • If you want more revealing clothing then that comes later and you've got to purchase it.
  • Those areas are dark to encourage people to use a torch.
  • I thought Euin's little "tutorial" was enough. What exactly would you like added?

We don't have targeted window for a full game release but there is an upcoming public beta releasing soon. How soon? I can't say. I'd like to have it released by August but I'm not promising anything. The beta will contain 80% of the mod's content (so expect about 15-20 hours of gameplay).

On the topic of sex scenes:

We're not having erotic written descriptions. If you went through them, you'll find that they only give you hints about what's going to be done (i.e whether it's vanilla sex or something else) so obviously this leads to little options during such encounters. Do you think there should still be more options there however in terms of what Lucia might want to do?

Thanks for the feedback!

Here's my two cents after giving the latest demo a play through (I won't be covering what's already been covered).

- Areas are way to big with basically nothing interesting in them except for a few monsters to defeat (once you end up on the island). Directions are non existent on the island which makes exploring the island boring and tedious.

- When it comes to companions, there's no explanation to why they want to follow you (either you take them with you or you don't, which makes them uninteresting).

- Interactions between companions and npcs are non existent (except for a few), the most interactions you get to do is in the village on the island.

- Necropolis is just a hack n slash dungeon with a few interruptions by your companions (suffers also from a lot of big and empty areas).

- RP doesn't appear to be any, just the normal go this and do that and fetch this quests.

- Getting off the island feels bugged (once you reach the docks and pick "board the ship" nothing happens, and when you enter the ship you get attacked by a group of cultists)

- It feels more fitting to play as a rogue instead of a fighter or wizard.

As it stands at the moment, it would be far better to wait  for the finished product before rating it or giving it a spin.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Well this complaint is similar to the quick travel one. Since the people from Eridanus are relatively new there, it doesn't make sense to add any signs or directions and their town (as far as they would be concerned) is the only place to travel too. The only other place is the  temple and before the people from Eridanus came to colonize, again, there wouldn't have been directions because other than the temple belonging to the cult, there's no place to go to, just wilderness and other cults.

I could see what I could do here though, perhaps by making it clear where the temple and town are but you're the first to complain on this matter. On a development matter, I thought the island was quite small to the point where directions were unnecessary (there's only a north and west path to explore once you leave the beach). However I'll see what directions I could add to make sense from a lore point of view. On main-land Eridanus there are signs and directions (so don't worry about the rest of the mod with that part).

-Well Valerius tells you why he wants to follow you; to work together to escape the dungeon and once you're outside of the dungeon, through dialogue, you agree to find a way off the island together. Crowley I agree on but that's his nature. He's a drunk, I don't think he should have good reason to follow you but I could easily incorporate a dialogue option to say something along the lines of "We're trying to get off this island. Can you help us?" in which case he could say "Yes but only if I get to come, it's become boring here anyways..."

-I agree. The island could allow for way more interactions between them as well as having their input during some NPC conversations. That's already a work in progress and one I think most people will love when finished.  B) 

-The necropolis is meant to be that if you read the article above.

-I reckon there's enough dialogue choices and options in the quests to role-play (i.e you can be diplomatic when dealing with Begun, you can kill him, you can threaten him, you can side with him, you can even have sex with him to resolve the quest whilst killing him will lead to an alternative dialogue with the woman and you'll also receive an assassination quest). I think you missed out on many side quests if you think they're all fetch quests (only four in the mod are that). I'm curious also, what do you think was missing from the role-play here? 

-Yes, I did say that's where the demo ends in the FAQ above.

You say the island areas are empty (asides from enemies) but there's several caves to enter. Do you think there should be more of them or just more places with loot (i.e a abandoned camp)?

Each to their own on the classes, I only play Lucia as a fighter but I don't understand what your complaint here is. I don't desire to limit a player's option on their class.  :-/ 

Thanks for the feedback. Remember this is a demo, so your (and other people's feedback) is listened too and new content will be implemented based on feedback so the final product will be a reflection of player input.

• 1 month later...

there is a very good set of modules called demonheart.  I've played though the available ones and they are all very good with few bugs and a shit ton of RP and choices.  while sex isn't the main part of the story there are quite a few scenes (and a few non-cons) and the all of these modules have a sexual undertone to them.  its also good that the maker of them is still making and testing them, she thinks that she will release two more modules in this series.

prelude:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/demonheart-prelude

chapter 1:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/demonheart-chapter-i

chapter 2 beta:

http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/demonheart-chapter-ii

• 2 months later...

I managed to download the files and can confirm that it's a real mod all right. I'm not quite sure what to think of it. It does show some genuine promise, and I liked certain parts. The world seems merciless and the atmosphere in general is quite good. There are several sex scenes to be had. However, at the same time the mod does seem like some sort of elaborate trolling prank. Just in case people want to experience it themselves, I'm putting it inside spoilers.

I played with a female rogue. At a certain point there comes a choice between escaping through the sewers  or going to defend the city with the guards. I chose the latter one. Commander of the guards told me to go explore the apartments with another character. There didn't seem to be any way to proceed in the plot without going into a particular building. As soon as we entered it, that other person anal raped my character and I passed out. A message told me that I never woke up from it, and that I should have escaped while I had the chance. After that I loaded a save, got my rapist killed by zombies and entered the rape building, alone this time. I got teleported somewhere without any explanation, got anal raped by some kind of creature and the game ended with the same message. I guess I should have gone to the sewers, huh?

Besides the ending, there were several other references to anal raping. So... I guess it's the 'thing' of this mod? Anal rape? I don't know how much different thing would have been had I chosen a male character. I assume it would have ended in anal rape either way. Maybe escaping through the sewers ends up in that way too?

Anyways, I don't have any regrets trying the mod out. Thanks for the experience Calicum_Salt. :)

Ok, I played though it with a female fighter.  Also played through was a female rogue.  I thought there would be different endings based on class, but I didn't see anything different between the two classes.  Maybe I should try a Barbarian?  *shrug*

My  spoilerage is below.

I chose both routes. One where I stayed in the city. And like the previous poster, I got anally raped by my companion and didn't awake and the city was destroyed by whatever the monsters were.

I then chose the sewer route. After battling lots of undead and stuff, I made it out of the city. And the city goes up in flames again. Game over. At least I didn't get annally raped this time! :)

I felt it was very short and a bit unsatisfying that no matter what one did, the result was pretty much the same sort of ending.  I give points for rough sexual content/language.  This is a good start.  And it's nice to know this mod was actually real too!   :)  Just wish there was a bit more content (sexual and/or otherwise).

I thank the modder's time and effort and look forward to more from him at some point.

Concerning the endings...

When encountering The Forgotten One, choose the second dialogue option to fight him. He's a tough fight but if you defeat him, you can escape.

Also, the sewers get you out of the city without any sort of bad ending.

The whole plot is that you can't save the city.

Also try playing as a male barbarian or female rogue for unique starting missions. Male characters can actually become rapists during their starting missions.

The anal rape references are my dark humour.

Glad you guys enjoyed the mod for what it was regardless. I know others are developing bigger and better mods than mine. I thought about adding more endings (including one where you can save the city) but they ended up too elaborate. Also I wanted to keep the "monsters" mentioned as a mystery.

Ok, I played though it with a female fighter.  Also played through was a female rogue.  I thought there would be different endings based on class, but I didn't see anything different between the two classes.  Maybe I should try a Barbarian?  *shrug*

My  spoilerage is below.

I chose both routes. One where I stayed in the city. And like the previous poster, I got anally raped by my companion and didn't awake and the city was destroyed by whatever the monsters were.

I then chose the sewer route. After battling lots of undead and stuff, I made it out of the city. And the city goes up in flames again. Game over. At least I didn't get annally raped this time! :)

I felt it was very short and a bit unsatisfying that no matter what one did, the result was pretty much the same sort of ending.  I give points for rough sexual content/language.  This is a good start.  And it's nice to know this mod was actually real too!   :)  Just wish there was a bit more content (sexual and/or otherwise).

I thank the modder's time and effort and look forward to more from him at some point.

I agree with you.  I played through twice, (sewer path and staying in the city) and I also found it to be very, very brief.  It kind of builds up nicely then sort of goes, "that's all you're getting" and just suddenly cuts off. :/

Archived