3 hours ago, agrdrk said:

Don't know what you mean by nerfs, but it's a known issue that saves end up outside the character, check under "Show all saves"

Yeh that's what I meant. I know about "show all saves". I wonder why that happens?

Oh, the hair also doesn't hide after a load until you remove the mask and put one back on.

No hate, btw: it's an otherwise very good mod.

Edited by Allen Harris
16 minutes ago, Allen Harris said:

Yeh that's what I meant. I know about "show all saves". I wonder why that happens?

Oh, the hair also doesn't hide after a load until you remove the mash and put one back on.

No Haye, btw: it's an otherwise very good mod.

If you checked the link in the known issues, it's due to cell naming including underscores. That's actually fixable, there are some dependencies in the papyrus of TiR that checks cell locations - but I'm thinking that if there's another version, I'd change the cell names to avoid the problem.

The hair thing is not because of the mod. The gear is copy-pasted from DD as far as the handling of the meshes and gear slots is concerned, you'd see the same effect. Turning off the device hider (as recommended in this mod's description) seemed to help.

Edited by agrdrk
5 hours ago, joeer123 said:

I try to run SSEEdit again now I make sure all mod have selected. I think i found the problem now.

image.png

Nice! It could be a object that stands in the way of the actor teleporting in. The injection point is very close to the mouth of the cave, there was an attempt at getting her to run into place... which didn't work out. The original reason why her placement is a bit fucky is because if she loads into worldspace beyond the player - the devices started misbehaving. (And in fact still do during the death scene which is why all her equipment is removed - which kind of fits with the fiction.)

So there's a marker placed at the mouth of the cave and another where she ends up, if either is within another object's bounds, it could spell disaster. It might show up as an error in the papyrus log.. might not.

It's a bit of a tough ask.. since there are many dependencies, but if you could test by disabling one of the mods at a time to see if it is just one interfering, would be a way to start. Or alternatively checking via the Creation Kit if you can be bothered. Someone else might also be interested in getting the same wabbajack collection compatible? Any takers?

If you figure out exactly what mod or mods are doing an unfortunate overwrite, let us know - it can still also just be something that breaks the scripting. I'm also not dead set against adjusting the placement to make the mod compatible with that combination of mods and their cell edits- I just can't be bothered to install all of that in parallel (because I'm working on some other stuff).

42 minutes ago, agrdrk said:

Nice! It could be a object that stands in the way of the actor teleporting in. The injection point is very close to the mouth of the cave, there was an attempt at getting her to run into place... which didn't work out. The original reason why her placement is a bit fucky is because if she loads into worldspace beyond the player - the devices started misbehaving. (And in fact still do during the death scene which is why all her equipment is removed - which kind of fits with the fiction.)

So there's a marker placed at the mouth of the cave and another where she ends up, if either is within another object's bounds, it could spell disaster. It might show up as an error in the papyrus log.. might not.

It's a bit of a tough ask.. since there are many dependencies, but if you could test by disabling one of the mods at a time to see if it is just one interfering, would be a way to start. Or alternatively checking via the Creation Kit if you can be bothered. Someone else might also be interested in getting the same wabbajack collection compatible? Any takers?

If you figure out exactly what mod or mods are doing an unfortunate overwrite, let us know - it can still also just be something that breaks the scripting. I'm also not dead set against adjusting the placement to make the mod compatible with that combination of mods and their cell edits- I just can't be bothered to install all of that in parallel (because I'm working on some other stuff).

Ok I will try when i have a time. In a meantime I will contact with modlist developer. Hope that they can help. Thank you.

Hmm. I am goiing to tidy up my loadorder a bit and if that works, I will let you know which mod might conflict with the placement of the initial encounter

That aside, is it possible to force-start the initial quest? Via setstage command for a specific ID?

Edit: Got it! I used " setstage tir_start01 10" and it spawned her in at the entrance. That works for me :3

Edited by Darolok
2 hours ago, Darolok said:

Hmm. I am goiing to tidy up my loadorder a bit and if that works, I will let you know which mod might conflict with the placement of the initial encounter

That aside, is it possible to force-start the initial quest? Via setstage command for a specific ID?

Edit: Got it! I used " setstage tir_start01 10" and it spawned her in at the entrance. That works for me :3

Good call! My haphazard guess is that the trigger object got screwed by something in the load order, iirc the only thing it does is setstage 10 when the player enters its volume.

10 hours ago, DrVec said:

Great job. I loved this mod so damn much. Thanks for brining it back. Sadly it crashes for me when I enter the ballroom, but still.. Just awesome. I hope you will not end here.

If you can get a crash log of that occuring it would be helpful.

There will be an update, at least there are a slew of small fixes that need to be done.

Some planned fixes: the mistress sometimes loads outside the geometry in the tower, probably because there is an island of navmesh in the void which means I'll make a pass at those as well. The cell naming with undescores which causes the savegames issue should be fixable.

3 hours ago, agrdrk said:

If you can get a crash log of that occuring it would be helpful.

There will be an update, at least there are a slew of small fixes that need to be done.

Some planned fixes: the mistress sometimes loads outside the geometry in the tower, probably because there is an island of navmesh in the void which means I'll make a pass at those as well. The cell naming with undescores which causes the savegames issue should be fixable.

I think it was this one. I hope it is :D

crash-2024-02-17-22-27-23.log

21 hours ago, DrVec said:

I think it was this one. I hope it is :D

crash-2024-02-17-22-27-23.log 285.86 kB · 3 downloads

I feel like that might be a Devious Devices NG beta thing, what version did you run this with?

(I'm currently in the middle of migrating to the latest skyrim release, which means it'll be a few days of setup before I can get around to check how it plays with TiR, so it'll be awhile before I can definitely pass blame :P )

Hello! First of all I wanted to give you my thanks for upgrading and fixing this mod agrdrk!

I've run into a problem though, and couldnt' find anything to fix it on my own. NPC's fail to equip items when they should. For instance; At the end of Rubber Toy, your savior (Elyn Steeling) says she equipped the rubber suit back but she didn't. She was still in her undercover outfit. Another time I saw this happen (which is the best part of the mod for me sadly...) was during Rubber Parade. When the Mistress takes off Jirisiel's mask it works, no problems there... but afterwards when the Mistress is supposed to put it back on her she doesn't and the scene cannot continue. There could be more but those were the two cases I saw.

I don't have (atleast to my knowledge) any mods that affect how NPC's equip (and only equip) items through scripts, or however this mod handles such things, which could cause such problems. Has anyone else countered something like this and/or have any help for this?

12 hours ago, Frontlines said:

Hello! First of all I wanted to give you my thanks for upgrading and fixing this mod agrdrk!

I've run into a problem though, and couldnt' find anything to fix it on my own. NPC's fail to equip items when they should. For instance; At the end of Rubber Toy, your savior (Elyn Steeling) says she equipped the rubber suit back but she didn't. She was still in her undercover outfit. Another time I saw this happen (which is the best part of the mod for me sadly...) was during Rubber Parade. When the Mistress takes off Jirisiel's mask it works, no problems there... but afterwards when the Mistress is supposed to put it back on her she doesn't and the scene cannot continue. There could be more but those were the two cases I saw.

I don't have (atleast to my knowledge) any mods that affect how NPC's equip (and only equip) items through scripts, or however this mod handles such things, which could cause such problems. Has anyone else countered something like this and/or have any help for this?

I'm open to suggestions about this. The equip script itself is straight forward and nothing special. There was indications that in the parade scripting, greypspammer encountered similar problems and attempted to work-around it by switching out the actor completely with a masked duplicate - that in turn tended to look really janky because the timing failed frequently (on my rig at least). The scene itself (this is a quest scene) is prone to soft locks depending on whether or not the npcs get into the exact position they are supposed to be in.. and there's a lot of them.

The rubber toy one, should if anything, be a simpler scene with less things that can break.

The papyrus log can indicate whether or not it fails during execution of the equip - it used zadlibs api functions called via the main quest script. I had most problems with doing rapid equip / unequip operations in succession - it easily failed depending on frame rate and if a previous zadlib call was still executing. But in the parade scene, there should be just the mask. With the Elyn scene, iirc, there is more likely a set of equip calls made rapidly. For these scenarios it could be considered to space out the timing by stretching the "utility.wait" times used as padding, which could be controlled via mcm by doing a bit of fiddling.

So if anyone else frequently encounters these problems, especially if you have an idea of how to fix them - let me know.

52 minutes ago, agrdrk said:

I'm open to suggestions about this. The equip script itself is straight forward and nothing special. There was indications that in the parade scripting, greypspammer encountered similar problems and attempted to work-around it by switching out the actor completely with a masked duplicate - that in turn tended to look really janky because the timing failed frequently (on my rig at least). The scene itself (this is a quest scene) is prone to soft locks depending on whether or not the npcs get into the exact position they are supposed to be in.. and there's a lot of them.

The rubber toy one, should if anything, be a simpler scene with less things that can break.

The papyrus log can indicate whether or not it fails during execution of the equip - it used zadlibs api functions called via the main quest script. I had most problems with doing rapid equip / unequip operations in succession - it easily failed depending on frame rate and if a previous zadlib call was still executing. But in the parade scene, there should be just the mask. With the Elyn scene, iirc, there is more likely a set of equip calls made rapidly. For these scenarios it could be considered to space out the timing by stretching the "utility.wait" times used as padding, which could be controlled via mcm by doing a bit of fiddling.

So if anyone else frequently encounters these problems, especially if you have an idea of how to fix them - let me know.

I can provide a papyrus log I took earlier today about the Parade scene. I also saw in the in-game console something about a spell failure and actor Mistress and actor Jirisiel, but it had "All ok" at the end, so it might be nothing.

It might be also worth mentioning that the mod works otherwise probably as perfectly as it can except for the previously mentioned problem and also Rubber Ally just doesn't work. It doesn't initiate on it's own nor with use of commands... But frankly I am more worried about the equipping problem. 😅

Anyway here is the Papyrus log, TIR stuff should be closer to the bottom as I closed the game after the event failed to work.

Papyrus.0.log

39 minutes ago, Frontlines said:

I can provide a papyrus log I took earlier today about the Parade scene. I also saw in the in-game console something about a spell failure and actor Mistress and actor Jirisiel, but it had "All ok" at the end, so it might be nothing.

It might be also worth mentioning that the mod works otherwise probably as perfectly as it can except for the previously mentioned problem and also Rubber Ally just doesn't work. It doesn't initiate on it's own nor with use of commands... But frankly I am more worried about the equipping problem. 😅

Anyway here is the Papyrus log, TIR stuff should be closer to the bottom as I closed the game after the event failed to work.

Papyrus.0.log 257.38 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks!

At least the log doesn't show a call for equipping the mask. A bunch of lockdevice called event, ie:  LockDevice called for Jirisiel: Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Legs))  - but none for the mask, so we can assume it doesn't get called at all.

This might remain a mystery, but I'll have a look at the scene itself if there's anything sane that can be done - the other scene with elyn is less likely to fail because it doesn't involve cells or objects that other mods mess with.. and yet it failed.

It is possible that it is mod interaction, but it is impossible to test for every possible combination and game state. I think I'm going to start recommending a clean save / new game in any case.

(As an aside, if you look at the errors at the start of the log, you have a bunch of mods that have either changed or been removed (properties missing) and a couple of mods looking for other plugins that they don't find, you might see weird behavior with other stuff as well in the same save.)

2 hours ago, agrdrk said:

Thanks!

At least the log doesn't show a call for equipping the mask. A bunch of lockdevice called event, ie:  LockDevice called for Jirisiel: Steel Cuffs (Padded) (Legs))  - but none for the mask, so we can assume it doesn't get called at all.

This might remain a mystery, but I'll have a look at the scene itself if there's anything sane that can be done - the other scene with elyn is less likely to fail because it doesn't involve cells or objects that other mods mess with.. and yet it failed.

It is possible that it is mod interaction, but it is impossible to test for every possible combination and game state. I think I'm going to start recommending a clean save / new game in any case.

(As an aside, if you look at the errors at the start of the log, you have a bunch of mods that have either changed or been removed (properties missing) and a couple of mods looking for other plugins that they don't find, you might see weird behavior with other stuff as well in the same save.)

Very well, thanks for the assistance and hopefully you find something. Meanwhile I'll check if fixing my mod mess, a fresh install of TIR and a new game fixes anything. 😋

On 2/23/2024 at 2:12 PM, AtomicGrimDark said:

Im having the exact issue with the rubber parade quest. Mask is unequipped ok then wont re-equip to continue the dialogue. I then enabled player controls to talk to the mistress directly to get the prompt the dialogue this does nothing.  Is there a way to skip this quest (not familure with the quest IDs)

18 hours ago, Ralzo said:

Im having the exact issue with the rubber parade quest. Mask is unequipped ok then wont re-equip to continue the dialogue. I then enabled player controls to talk to the mistress directly to get the prompt the dialogue this does nothing.  Is there a way to skip this quest (not familure with the quest IDs)

If I remember correctly... Start the quest normally, go and get Jiriel from the basement, go to the Mistress but before speaking use command; setstage tir_twr_parade01 80

It should take you to the part immediately after the parade.

This way you don't lose control of your character and Jiriel is there like she should. I read somewhere you could manually equip belt and plugs and then ask for the Mistress to remove or to keep them if you want but I don't know if it messes something up.

Let me know if this didn't help.

Hello, everyone, I am once again trying to install this mod, unfortunately with limited success. The catsuit itself doesn't show up and I don't know what the problem exactly is as the gloves and gasmask do show, so I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Also thanks to Atomic as well :)

Edited by nikimarov
Managed to understand how to mod now
On 2/26/2024 at 11:39 PM, Ralzo said:

Sorry for the ping, but since we seemingly have the same problem. Could you send me your mod list / load order so I can crossreference it and see if we have some similar mods that could be the cause of our blight? It is probably a long shot but shouldn't take too long.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:06 PM, AtomicGrimDark said:

Thanks!

I cleaned up my mods to the best of my ability (most of those errors were due to a mod not finding an optional mod I hadn't installed or just some left over/changed scripts) and started a new save to test. I noticed that during Rubber Party when another rubber slave pleasures the player, she gets her hood removed and put on as normal without issues. During Rubber School, the Mistress equips her teaching glasses without an issue (and unequips them too). Also during Rubber Ally Jirisiel gets dressed normally, but I think that is done via model change and not some equip script. However while TIR once again worked pretty much flawlessly (even got the Rubber Ally to work), Steeling still didn't get dressed and the mask issue during the Rubber Parade remained.

While I am not here to point fingers, could it be that during you cleaning up and updating the mod, you might have removed something important by accident? Did you test it yourself after your changes?

I also noticed that the Rubber Parade seemingly fails to track if the player is the dragonborn, atleast according to console.

Maybe these discoveries can bring some new light to the case.

Once again... not trying to point fingers, I am extremely thankful to you for basically reviving this mod. ❤️

Also since you asked in a previous post, I do have an idea but have no clue how hard or possible it is to implement. I am a veteran skyrim mod-player (I guess), not a modder. Maybe there could be some failsafe that skips the "equip mask" or "check if mask on Jirisiel" or whatever it is that is causing the issue after 1 minute or something. Forcing the next... phase to start.

14 hours ago, Frontlines said:

Also during Rubber Ally Jirisiel gets dressed normally, but I think that is done via model change and not some equip script.

Yup indeed, from tir_twr_ally01_scr:

; Turn Jiri into Rubber Jiri
Function JiriToRubber()
  Actor JiriNoRubber = ((Self as Quest) as tir_twr_ally01_scrf).alias_JirisielNoRubber.GetActorRef()
  Actor Jiri = ((Self as Quest) as tir_twr_ally01_scrf).alias_Jirisiel.GetActorRef()

Game.DisablePlayerControls()  

SexLab.StripActor(JiriNoRubber, DoAnimate = true, LeadIn = false)
  Utility.Wait(2)

tir_main.DoFadeOut(2)
  Utility.Wait(2)

JiriNoRubber.Disable()
  Jiri.MoveTo(JiriNoRubber)
  Jiri.Enable()
  Utility.Wait(2)

tir_main.DoFadeIn(2)
  Game.EnablePlayerControls()  
EndFunction

That could easily be switched to having just the actor equipping the suit, but it wasn't broke :D this is what I mean when I say, there are indications that Greyspammer fought with similar bugs.

Steeling still didn't get dressed and the mask issue during the Rubber Parade remained.

That is actually interesting, it's one of a few instances where the actor is equipped via an Outfit (ck outfits have armors in them, the equip function iterates through these items) I've been giving that method the stinkeye during this project - it might not be a good way of handling it.

While I am not here to point fingers, could it be that during you cleaning up and updating the mod, you might have removed something important by accident? Did you test it yourself after your changes?

I also noticed that the Rubber Parade seemingly fails to track if the player is the dragonborn, atleast according to console.

Maybe these discoveries can bring some new light to the case.

Once again... not trying to point fingers, I am extremely thankful to you for basically reviving this mod. ❤️

Also since you asked in a previous post, I do have an idea but have no clue how hard or possible it is to implement. I am a veteran skyrim mod-player (I guess), not a modder. Maybe there could be some failsafe that skips the "equip mask" or "check if mask on Jirisiel" or whatever it is that is causing the issue after 1 minute or something. Forcing the next... phase to start.

It IS totally possible I fucked something and didn't notice due to some state information remaining in the test playthrough save. I do appreciate the effort of writing a bit more than "it's borked, please fix", so no worries mate!

I've just scratched the surface of the CK Scene functionality - but there definitely might be best practices that need to be implemented.. as in, maybe the whole thing needs a proper rewrite. I don't like how some of the phase conditions are setup, I am 100% sure that occasionally the actors will not get into the positions they need to be etc. etc. but I'll have to ingest a lot of knowledge about the inner workings of scenes. (also working on something else that absolutely needs to work with scenes)

Anywhoo, the mask removal gets called from tir_twr_parade01_main_scene_scr (the script attached to the scene) the function is located in

tir_twr_parade01_scr and calls the RemoveOneDeviceFromActor which resides in the main quest script that calls the DD API function. What bugs me is that there is no trace in the log you posted where the dd unlock function fails/gets called - which makes me suspect that it is indeed the scene that doesn't arrive to the point of calling the JiriRemoveMask() function.

For those playing along at home, look at phase 23 during tir_twr_parade01_main_scene in the quest. That's when it should happen, right after the Mistress says "Behold!". The JirRemoveMask() function was edited to do the unmasking (commented out the old stuff with the actor swap).

It is a piece of piss to check whether the target actor has something equipped, I kinda like your suggestion in principle, I'll have to figure out how much of a chainsaw to implement on the scene structure.

All in all, the feedback is appreciated - I don't know when I'll get around to have something tangible published, I'm dabbling with other stuff and testing takes forever - but as always, anyone reading this is free to take a stab at fixing this mod further.

4 hours ago, AtomicGrimDark said:

Yup indeed, from tir_twr_ally01_scr:

; Turn Jiri into Rubber Jiri
Function JiriToRubber()
  Actor JiriNoRubber = ((Self as Quest) as tir_twr_ally01_scrf).alias_JirisielNoRubber.GetActorRef()
  Actor Jiri = ((Self as Quest) as tir_twr_ally01_scrf).alias_Jirisiel.GetActorRef()

Game.DisablePlayerControls()  

SexLab.StripActor(JiriNoRubber, DoAnimate = true, LeadIn = false)
  Utility.Wait(2)

tir_main.DoFadeOut(2)
  Utility.Wait(2)

JiriNoRubber.Disable()
  Jiri.MoveTo(JiriNoRubber)
  Jiri.Enable()
  Utility.Wait(2)

tir_main.DoFadeIn(2)
  Game.EnablePlayerControls()  
EndFunction

That could easily be switched to having just the actor equipping the suit, but it wasn't broke :D this is what I mean when I say, there are indications that Greyspammer fought with similar bugs.

That is actually interesting, it's one of a few instances where the actor is equipped via an Outfit (ck outfits have armors in them, the equip function iterates through these items) I've been giving that method the stinkeye during this project - it might not be a good way of handling it.

It IS totally possible I fucked something and didn't notice due to some state information remaining in the test playthrough save. I do appreciate the effort of writing a bit more than "it's borked, please fix", so no worries mate!

I've just scratched the surface of the CK Scene functionality - but there definitely might be best practices that need to be implemented.. as in, maybe the whole thing needs a proper rewrite. I don't like how some of the phase conditions are setup, I am 100% sure that occasionally the actors will not get into the positions they need to be etc. etc. but I'll have to ingest a lot of knowledge about the inner workings of scenes. (also working on something else that absolutely needs to work with scenes)

Anywhoo, the mask removal gets called from tir_twr_parade01_main_scene_scr (the script attached to the scene) the function is located in

tir_twr_parade01_scr and calls the RemoveOneDeviceFromActor which resides in the main quest script that calls the DD API function. What bugs me is that there is no trace in the log you posted where the dd unlock function fails/gets called - which makes me suspect that it is indeed the scene that doesn't arrive to the point of calling the JiriRemoveMask() function.

For those playing along at home, look at phase 23 during tir_twr_parade01_main_scene in the quest. That's when it should happen, right after the Mistress says "Behold!". The JirRemoveMask() function was edited to do the unmasking (commented out the old stuff with the actor swap).

It is a piece of piss to check whether the target actor has something equipped, I kinda like your suggestion in principle, I'll have to figure out how much of a chainsaw to implement on the scene structure.

All in all, the feedback is appreciated - I don't know when I'll get around to have something tangible published, I'm dabbling with other stuff and testing takes forever - but as always, anyone reading this is free to take a stab at fixing this mod further.

Is it possible to manually through ingame console to activate the equipping script, with something like: tir_twr_parade01_main_scene_scr;EquipOneDeviceToActor ?

If yes, then it could tell us something whether it fixes anything or not.

If not then 😢

On 2/28/2024 at 9:04 PM, nikimarov said:

Hello, everyone, I am once again trying to install this mod, unfortunately with limited success. The catsuit itself doesn't show up and I don't know what the problem exactly is as the gloves and gasmask do show, so I would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Also thanks to Atomic as well :)

This is how the suit looks with the boots, again I am sorry for the spam, but I would really like if anyone know what the heck could have gone wrong here.

20240301013248_1.jpg