[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

I've been a bit busy with my classes, so I kinda lost track of this stuff for a couple months. I see that the child replacer is being worked on (yay!), but got a question. Is there any plan (or maybe it was done already and I didn't see it) to switch the races of some of the adoptables to have a couple khajiit, argonian, orc or elf kids at home? 

First off, I absolutely love this mod, every build I do, this is the highest priority mod on my list. Awesome work.

Now on to my questions:

Is there a way to take just certain parts of the old mod and have it overwrite the new mod (like the nude patch for boys)?

If not, is there a plan for or offsite host for said patch for the new version?

If not, is there a way to clone the mod so I can run both the new and old versions (i.e. Call the old version sk2 or something) so they are both usable? I would like the features of the new mod but I like to run around with frost bitten nibbly bits (there needs to be an underwear mod)

I also noticed that sometimes my Apachii hairs don't touch the head, they just float there. (they look fine except if the camera is angled from the front. I am using DSR and have race menu plugin enabled (I'm going to try turning off rmp when I get home). I didn't know if anyone knows what causes this? If it is DSR, is there a way to fix it without getting rid of it, because I really like my swords on my back.

EDIT: I tested without RaceMenuPlugin and using the default SK skeleton and the hairs are still not attached (I also tried an install of just the new SK mod). There are a couple hairs that collide with the skull (and show bald patches) but most just float. On a side note, it would be cool to get at least the ears working for the male drow. At one point I had ECE or some other facegen script working, but it seriously broke the face trying to get elf ears.

Thanks for everyone's time and consideration with my questions. And thanks again for an awesome mod.

This is really nice. I'd love to have the children clothes working for the skykids as it would make them look more childish rather than like small adults. Other than that, I love it. I'm keeping track of it as I'd mainly use it for the child NPC overhaul.

EDIT: Oh, I just tried out SpyderArachnids updated NPC replacer and they look just lovely. Many thanks!

I'm having an issue with the teen body. The child body works fine, but when I switch to the teen body there's a seam between the hands and the arms - and the hands look too big as well. I've tried it twice in case I had done something wrong when using the teen resources, but I got the same result. I also tried changing the height of the char, but that didn't help either. Anyone who has an idea if anything can be done about it?

http://i.imgur.com/7FKyq9U.jpg

I'm having an issue with the teen body. The child body works fine, but when I switch to the teen body there's a seam between the hands and the arms - and the hands look too big as well. I've tried it twice in case I had done something wrong when using the teen resources, but I got the same result. I also tried changing the height of the char, but that didn't help either. Anyone who has an idea if anything can be done about it?

Ummm what teen body?

From looking over the main page, I don't see any teen body resources. Or even in the download section. There is nothing about a teen body in SkyKids. Are you sure it is from this mod? Cause there is no teen body in SkyKids. And if that is the case, you need to contact the creator of that mod instead of asking here.

Ummm what teen body?

From looking over the main page, I don't see any teen body resources. Or even in the download section. There is nothing about a teen body in SkyKids. Are you sure it is from this mod? Cause there is no teen body in SkyKids. And if that is the case, you need to contact the creator of that mod instead of asking here.

It's from [Resource] Girl body assets.rar which was up here earlier as well as discussed earlier in the thread, but which I guess was removed as some other Skykids resources from LL due to new policies. So it's made by the creator of this mod, but I'm honestly not sure if it's supported on this forum - but I thought I'd ask. If nothing else it would be nice with a working teen body for Skykids IMO.

Here's my new Skykid char, Mina, btw:

http://i.imgur.com/7jf7pEq.jpg

Hello. Great work on the mod. It's refreshing to see a child mod that is relatively lore friendly and not creepy. I really appreciate the armour swapper in particular.

Afraid to say I'm not a huge fan of the faces though, and I have been trying to crowbar the TK children heads onto the skykids race - they're the only ones with rounded cheeks and childlike features, even if their textures are caroonish - as the variety of armours for TKC is completely useless, but I just don't have the skill. I've familiarised myself with the basic functions of the toolkit, but I can't work out the stuff about skins and head morphs and all that. 

So, I'd just like to second the request for a patch, or if anyone  with some time could point me in the right direction e.g. a tutorial, I'll do it myself. Would be greatly appreciated though.

Hello. Great work on the mod. It's refreshing to see a child mod that is relatively lore friendly and not creepy. I really appreciate the armour swapper in particular.

Afraid to say I'm not a huge fan of the faces though, and I have been trying to crowbar the TK children heads onto the skykids race - they're the only ones with rounded cheeks and childlike features, even if their textures are caroonish - as the variety of armours for TKC is completely useless, but I just don't have the skill. I've familiarised myself with the basic functions of the toolkit, but I can't work out the stuff about skins and head morphs and all that.

So, I'd just like to second the request for a patch, or if anyone with some time could point me in the right direction e.g. a tutorial, I'll do it myself. Would be greatly appreciated though.

I'm not sure if I'd want to do a TK children conversion, have you tried the alternate NPC replacer created by SpyderArachnid available here instead?

First off, I absolutely love this mod, every build I do, this is the highest priority mod on my list. Awesome work.

Now on to my questions:

Is there a way to take just certain parts of the old mod and have it overwrite the new mod (like the nude patch for boys)?

If not, is there a plan for or offsite host for said patch for the new version?

If not, is there a way to clone the mod so I can run both the new and old versions (i.e. Call the old version sk2 or something) so they are both usable? I would like the features of the new mod but I like to run around with frost bitten nibbly bits (there needs to be an underwear mod)

I also noticed that sometimes my Apachii hairs don't touch the head, they just float there. (they look fine except if the camera is angled from the front. I am using DSR and have race menu plugin enabled (I'm going to try turning off rmp when I get home). I didn't know if anyone knows what causes this? If it is DSR, is there a way to fix it without getting rid of it, because I really like my swords on my back.

EDIT: I tested without RaceMenuPlugin and using the default SK skeleton and the hairs are still not attached (I also tried an install of just the new SK mod). There are a couple hairs that collide with the skull (and show bald patches) but most just float. On a side note, it would be cool to get at least the ears working for the male drow. At one point I had ECE or some other facegen script working, but it seriously broke the face trying to get elf ears.

Thanks for everyone's time and consideration with my questions. And thanks again for an awesome mod.

All the old patches are still fully compatible with the current build, and there is no reason that that should change for the foreseeable future. I'm not sure about setting up an offsite content host at present, and even if I was I'm not sure if the new rules would even allow me to talk about it, so... Your issue with the hairs is that we use the female heads for the male bodies, and the male hairs are obviously designed for the male heads, so its really hit or miss whether a given hair looks good or not. For reference, the skeleton has nothing to do with hair placement, and you should not be using race menu plugin under any circumstance due to mod/engine limitations(it overwrites all of the skeleton scaling).

It looks like an issue with the hand meshes; both child and teen bodies use the 0 weight hand mesh for the 100 weight side(and thus have no hand scaling). It seems like you have a set of standard hand meshes loaded instead. Try turning your characters weight down to 0 and see if that fixes it, if so, go copy the vanilla SK hand meshes back in and be sure not to play with them going forward.

Now for a patch for ETaC, replacing all the children with Skykids versions.

This will replace the 11.2 version, drop all files into the data folder and overwrite when asked.

This is a fairly generic replacer as I just allowed CK to use a fairly default face. I changed eyes, hair and clothes.

Admittedly I am unfamiliar with ETaC, could you provide me a link to the base mod so I can reference it when I update the OP?

----

Sorry for being gone for so long and not posting, I've been pretty busy and haven't had a lot of motivation to mess with skyrim lately. I hope to get the OP updated sometime soon and get all the community submissions and compatibility patches integrated to the main post. SpyderArachnid setup his own page for his alternate NPC replacer over here, so you can follow it more easily in the interim. Your guys community patches and continued support are much appreciated, and really help keep me interested in working on the mod, you guys rock.

It looks like an issue with the hand meshes; both child and teen bodies use the 0 weight hand mesh for the 100 weight side(and thus have no hand scaling). It seems like you have a set of standard hand meshes loaded instead. Try turning your characters weight down to 0 and see if that fixes it, if so, go copy the vanilla SK hand meshes back in and be sure not to play with them going forward.

Yes, that was it. If I turn the character weight to 0 the issue is gone. If I turn the weight up even a notch, there's a visible seam that only gets worse the heigher the weight is set. In short, looks like the teen body needs weight 0 unless I'm missing something. I AM using the hand meshes that came with the Girl assets download. Anyway, thanks, issue solved!

EDIT: Sorry for wrong name in the quote - can't even remove it. It was a nightmare trying to edit a quoted post.

Hi!!!

I'd like to ask some questions, and sorry if the answers are in preview pages.

First, I'd like to know if you plan to convert Tongues for Skykids, or if it's already done!

Second, I have a bug with the armors, indeed, they don't shows up on my character, the only one working are, for what I've seen, necromancer robe, without body meshes inside, tera armors, without body meshes inside too. I've made the trick with BOSS, and I've ran the patcher everytime it was required and I have the esp in my plugin list. What did I miss? My character is a boy.

Thanks in advance!!! :D

Hi!!!

First, I'd like to know if you plan to convert Tongues for Skykids, or if it's already done!

Second, I have a bug with the armors, indeed, they don't shows up on my character, the only one working are, for what I've seen, necromancer robe, without body meshes inside, tera armors, without body meshes inside too. I've made the trick with BOSS, and I've ran the patcher everytime it was required and I have the esp in my plugin list. What did I miss? My character is a boy.

Might be an issue with load ordering. Can you post your load order?

If using Wrye Bash: right-click File header in the Mod window > List Mods > paste into post

Otherwise you find it in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Skyrim\plugins.txt > copy and paste

I'm having an issue with some converted outfits not showing up as such. For example, Merchant Clothes, which Lucia wears in SpyderArachnids Child NPC Replacer has boobs. I thought it might be an outfit that wasn't converted yet, but it seems to be converted when checking [Core] Armorpack. The same goes for one of my favorite vanilla outfits, Hammerfell Garb, which also shows up with boobs although it seems to be in the armorpack.

I loaded all my mods in TES5Edit and the only mod I had that was affecting Merchant Clothes was Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, but adding it to the BlockList and generating a new SK Child Armor Swapper.esp didn't help.

Most outfits/armors seem to work (although my char is rather new so I haven't checked that many yet), but I'm a bit curious why some don't although they seem to be converted?

Yes, that was it. If I turn the character weight to 0 the issue is gone. If I turn the weight up even a notch, there's a visible seam that only gets worse the heigher the weight is set. In short, looks like the teen body needs weight 0 unless I'm missing something. I AM using the hand meshes that came with the Girl assets download. Anyway, thanks, issue solved!

EDIT: Sorry for wrong name in the quote - can't even remove it. It was a nightmare trying to edit a quoted post.

Yeah, I figured as much, though you do realize that you're locking yourself to 0 weight by doing it that way and you can't take advantage of the teen body's weight scaling as a result. As I said in my last post, you need to copy the default hands from the main SK assets not the resource pack. I appear to have left the 100 weight hands in the resource pack on accident, so don't use those. Obviously I can't just update and post that anymore, so stick with the default SK hands if you want it to work properly.

Hi!!!

I am unfamiliar with this tongues mod you're talking about, can I get a link to it? As for the armor issues, you need to post your load order like the other fellow suggested.

I'm having an issue with some converted outfits not showing up as such. For example, Merchant Clothes, which Lucia wears in SpyderArachnids Child NPC Replacer has boobs. I thought it might be an outfit that wasn't converted yet, but it seems to be converted when checking [Core] Armorpack. The same goes for one of my favorite vanilla outfits, Hammerfell Garb, which also shows up with boobs although it seems to be in the armorpack.

I loaded all my mods in TES5Edit and the only mod I had that was affecting Merchant Clothes was Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp, but adding it to the BlockList and generating a new SK Child Armor Swapper.esp didn't help.

Most outfits/armors seem to work (although my char is rather new so I haven't checked that many yet), but I'm a bit curious why some don't although they seem to be converted?

A good chunk of the vanilla clothing(ie: not armor) was only converted for the males, which is probably what you're seeing when browsing the armorpack. They'll get converted eventually...

I tried SpyderArachnid's npc kids mod, it's awesome! But I do wonder why my adopted kids stayed on as potato heads/vanilla npc heads. I checked a few other adoptable kids and they're the same.

Which NPCs specifically are you having issues with? Though honestly this is a question better directed at Spyder instead of myself.

Yeah, I figured as much, though you do realize that you're locking yourself to 0 weight by doing it that way and you can't take advantage of the teen body's weight scaling as a result. As I said in my last post, you need to copy the default hands from the main SK assets not the resource pack. I appear to have left the 100 weight hands in the resource pack on accident, so don't use those. Obviously I can't just update and post that anymore, so stick with the default SK hands if you want it to work properly.

Hi!!!

I am unfamiliar with this tongues mod you're talking about, can I get a link to it? As for the armor issues, you need to post your load order like the other fellow suggested.

A good chunk of the vanilla clothing(ie: not armor) was only converted for the males, which is probably what you're seeing when browsing the armorpack. They'll get converted eventually...

I tried SpyderArachnid's npc kids mod, it's awesome! But I do wonder why my adopted kids stayed on as potato heads/vanilla npc heads. I checked a few other adoptable kids and they're the same.

Which NPCs specifically are you having issues with? Though honestly this is a question better directed at Spyder instead of myself.

Thanks. That would explain the clothing. Also, I misunderstood your first post - the teen body works perfectly with the weight slider using the hands from the main asset. Perfect. :)

Alesan, Blaise (who I adopted) and Lucia. 

I have encountered these kids before applying  Spyder's mod, could that be it? If it is, is there any way to change them?

And another thing; sometimes the skykids playable character's head would shrink making him look like a resized adult, is that normal? When I made the characters they had kid sized heads now they've shrunk. :(

post-452927-0-78296900-1403720651_thumb.jpg

post-452927-0-64356200-1403720692_thumb.jpg

I have encountered these kids before applying  Spyder's mod, could that be it? If it is, is there any way to change them?

And another thing; sometimes the skykids playable character's head would shrink making him look like a resized adult, is that normal? When I made the characters they had kid sized heads now they've shrunk. :(

Sounds like a conflict, post your load order. As for the head size, are you using ECE or race menu with the optional scaling plugin(racemenuplugin.esp) active?

Sounds like a conflict, post your load order. As for the head size, are you using ECE or race menu with the optional scaling plugin(racemenuplugin.esp) active?

Thanks for replying en_hawk :)

Here's my load order, all of them are ticked/activated

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
ApachiiHair.esm
ApachiiHairFemales.esm
OblivionHairPaciAIO.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Skykids.esm
SKTheEyesOfBeauty.esm
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
SkyKids - NPC Replacer DB.esp
Skykids - NPC Replacer HF.esp
SkyKids - NPC Replacer.esp
SK ApachiiHair.esp
SK ApachiiHairFemales.esp
Sk OblivionHairPackAIO.esp

I'm using RaceMenu and I also installed the plugin support. I'm fairly new to modding so I'm still learning the ropes, I'm sorry if I ask something that might sound stupid to mod veterans XD

Thanks for replying en_hawk :)

Here's my load order, all of them are ticked/activated

I'm using RaceMenu and I also installed the plugin support. I'm fairly new to modding so I'm still learning the ropes, I'm sorry if I ask something that might sound stupid to mod veterans XD

Ok, as outlined in the FAQ in the OP(which nobody ever reads), you need to disable 'RaceMenuPlugin.esp' to fix the head size. As for the NPCs not replacing properly I've got no clue, can you post a screenshot? Do the rest of the NPCs work properly?