Keep getting the same message when trying to run GenerateFNISforUsers

was going trough the download instructions and when i got to the need for running the GenerateFNISforUsers and checking for warnings. it just keeps saying ">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<". after trying to run it throught steam i had do disable all mods in nexus  and is keeps giving the smae messages... 5 hours into this at this point.. pls help

One way (the one I've always used) is to launch SKSE from a short cut on desktop or in the quick bar, which links to steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_loader.exe

fwiw, I run my desktop with full admin priviledges, so you may or may not have to set admin level on it, not sure, can't recall.

On 12/26/2023 at 7:19 PM, DJTheGambler said:

was going trough the download instructions and when i got to the need for running the GenerateFNISforUsers and checking for warnings. it just keeps saying ">>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<". after trying to run it throught steam i had do disable all mods in nexus  and is keeps giving the smae messages... 5 hours into this at this point.. pls help

Flutie gives the best answer. Just want to add, I am using a stock game or root game folder type of setup and I just ignore the warning. The warning will not prevent FNIS from working and the animations playing correctly, other warnings will, but not this one (at least for me, I am too lazy to fix it). Assuming of course you have FNIS set up correctly to run in MO2.