SKSE Being treated as a virus?

Car Fax

My anti-virus (Avast) just got a major update, and I think it is treating skse as a virus because

1. Trying to run the exe file got me a warning, and the file was deleted. Everything else skse related was left alone

2. Trying to re-download from the official site gives me another warning, and then the download is terminated

I've never had this problem before. I've played skyrim before this update, and now all of sudden, it's giving me these warnings.

If anyone could help me figure out how to solve this, maybe by telling how to add the exe to an exception list, I would be really thankful

P.S  According to my Avast, downloading skse will give me this virus: Win32:Dropper-gen [Drp]

EDIT: Just saw the topic below mine. Looks like the new update is screwing other people over.

For some reason, i see a thread about this right next to this one.

Yeah, I should have checked first.

There are other posts having the same problem as I am. I'll check them for solutions, maybe the problem was already solved.

Archived