How many ingame days does it take for an NPC to walk from Solitude to Whiterun, then to Riften?

I suppose it partially depends on your global clock setting. For instance, my game is set for about half time. ~1 hour in game is ~30 minutes real time.  Excluding any necessary battle time, it takes me a roughly 2-3 hours in game to walk from Solitude to Whiterun to Riften. After all, Skyrim proper is only about a US county-sized area.

Edited by anjenthedog
42 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

I suppose it partially depends on your global clock setting. For instance, my game is set for about half time. ~1 hour in game is ~30 minutes real time.  Excluding any necessary battle time, it takes me a roughly 2-3 hours in game to walk from Solitude to Whiterun to Riften. After all, Skyrim proper is only about a US county-sized area.

For LE, there is a mod that allows you to increase the pace speed at each character level , configurable in MCM . By setting the percentage increase , you can decide how fast you will be walking , running , stealth 

Leveled Walking Speed  For SE 

2 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

The default time scale is 20 and I didn't change it in any way so it'll take less than 2 days to complete the trip? This is suprisingly fast...    

2 hours ago, kubikiri said:

The default time scale is 20 and I didn't change it in any way so it'll take less than 2 days to complete the trip? This is suprisingly fast...    

considering the small topographic footprint that skyrim's vanilla territory actually covers, it doesn't surprise me at all. I remember when I first started playing and I'd read things for  people who claimed Skyrim was the size of a small country. I laughed. The distances just don't justify any such claim. Skyrim is small. As I noted before, it's about the size of the county I live in. And to be clear, I said county, not country.

In fairness, I don't stick to stone roads, so there's that. Skyrim's paths are designed with a bit of circuitous bonzai garden styling to them to increase perceived distances.

Edited by anjenthedog
typos