Need help pl0x

intention

Alright, i've been trying to install x117++077 for almost 12 hours now and no luck. I have installed all the files. I manually installed mbp 2ch 1.4 because it was giving me an "error 112"

Then, i installed the rest with Obmm. x117 with Obmm, and mbp 2ch 1.4++ with Obmm. I go into my game, check all of the data files and i still get the stock races. Can anyone give me all the files i need, and an in depth guide on how to install this mod. I've wasted about 3-4gig downloading shit for this, and all i need now is a clarification.

Other mods work perfectly. It's just this one that was tedious.

I will post screenshots if you need them.

are you using the unofficial patch or Kt_custom_race?

If not that's why your races aren't showing up oblivion has the issue that the stock oblivion has only 10races preprogammed in the menus

Can you give me the file that i require in order for this to work? I don't really want to search anymore.. I've spent too long just looking around for solutions.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10724

installer archive invalidation invalidated > install this first then in the unofficial patch tick off update archiveinvalidation.txt

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296

get 3.2 and install then update with 3.4 i recommend using the installers

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9969

unnoficial patch for the official DLc's

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10739

unnoficial patch for Shivering isles

If not that's why your races aren't showing up oblivion has the issue that the stock oblivion has only 10races preprogammed in the menus

Can you give me the file that i require in order for this to work? I don't really want to search anymore.. I've spent too long just looking around for solutions.

Or you can just skip the UOP stuff and install this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1815

UOP won't hurt you but there is a bunch to install. :)

NOTE: Obviously you HAVE to start a new game :)

Or you can just skip the UOP stuff and install this: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1815

UOP won't hurt you but there is a bunch to install. :)

NOTE: Obviously you HAVE to start a new game :)

I installed that previously... Nothing happened and yes, i start a new game every time i install a mod.

intention' date=' post your load order if you don't mind, maybe we can spot the problem.

[/quote']

If i knew what a load order was, I'll just take a wild guess.

oblivion.esm

beautiful people 2ch-ED.esm

unofficial oblivion patch.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-ED MS Elves - NOSc.esp

beautiful People 2ch-ED Vanilla Race.esp

I'm hoping that's what it is. And if it is, and it's wrong, would i need BoSS?

Ok, I was wondering how savy you were :)

Let's start by teaching you how to view your load order:

1. Open OBMM.

2. Hit import\export

3. Then click view load order

4. Copy it and paste it here

Note: please use spoilers for your load order

To do this:

{spoiler}

paste load order here

{/spoiler}

Now just substitute [] for {} above and your have a spoiler.

Well, since UoP is an entire overhaul, and covers Custom races. I will substitute it.

Oblivion.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

Ok, since you are running the unofficial patch delete the KT_CustomRaceFix.esp as you have two mods doing the same thing.

Have you run archive invalidation through OBMM as per Cyb3r's first link in post#4?

What this does if you don't know is it tells oblivion to stop looking at the bsa files (this contains the default original meshes and textures) and look instead at your data folder for loose files.

Ok' date=' since you are running the unofficial patch delete the KT_CustomRaceFix.esp as you have two mods doing the same thing.

Have you run archive invalidation through OBMM as per Cyb3r's first link in post#4?

What this does if you don't know is it tells oblivion to stop looking at the bsa files (this contains the default original meshes and textures) and look instead at your data folder for loose files.

[/quote']

I ran the auto setup. And, my Obmm can't load it. Because... It isn't showing up.

It isn't an esm or esp so you are right in that OBMM won't see it. However it is there as it is a fake bsa file that tricks oblivion :)

Try to get your custom race now.

Hmm... I might have installed it wrong... But i have x117++ mbp++ and mbp. I installed mbp first, then ++. Hmm... Do i need "Beautiful people 2ch-ED v1.8.0 Fixed?"

You must have installed them incorrectly then because they aren't in your load order, if you did have all of that properly installed you would see 12+ esps for BP and x117. Check your data file that you didn't drag and drop a data folder into the Oblivion\data folder.

No you don't "have" to have it unless another mod you want to install needs it. Myself I am running MBP1.4a, MBP++ .94a, x117 .78

You must have installed them incorrectly then because they aren't in your load order.

No you don't "have" to have it unless another mod you want to install needs it. Myself I am running MBP1.4a' date=' MBP++ .94a, x117 .78

[/quote']

I'm going to attempt to install x117 again. Do i add the entire x117 folder? Or just Data?

To properly install any mod you need to look at the file structure of the mod you downloaded.

Some have a data folder with esm and esp files as well as meshes\sounds\textures folders. If it has a data folder then you drag and drop it into the oblivion folder and say "yes" to merging folders.

If it has esp and esm files and meshes, textures folders in it loose then you drag and drop them into Oblivion\data and again say "yes" to merge folders.

Oblivion won't recognize esm or esp files unless they are in the oblivion\data folder. Take a peak at your oblivion game folders and it will all make sense :)

To properly install any mod you need to look at the file structure of the mod you downloaded.

Some have a data folder with esm and esp files as well as meshes\sounds\textures folders. If it has a data folder then you drag and drop it into the oblivion folder and say "yes" to merging folders.

If it has esp and esm files and meshes' date=' textures folders in it loose then you drag and drop them into Oblivion\data and again say "yes" to merge folders.

Oblivion won't recognize esm or esp files unless they are in the oblivion\data folder. Take a peak at your oblivion game folders and it will all make sense :)

[/quote']

What about Egm, do they also go in the oblivion/data?

Also. the x117 has an _option folder... With a bunch of egm, DDS, Jpg, nif. It's got an anus load of things in there.

Archived