Yet another new SE Steam update (December 5 2023)?

The official ll recommandation will always be "wait". Right now, almost all skse dlls not using the adress library are broken, this includes the dlls of sexlab framework, aroused, utility+ and others on loverslab (including schlongs of skyrim) And it will probably take months before those are updated, and we still may have new small updates of the game .

I'll add a warning, the new downgrade patcher doesn't work very well, some users have systematic ctds on launch of the game.

Edited by Shonen17000

Thats "Microsoft". Age of Empires II is like 20 years old and MS is still pumping out "patches".

I would not be surprised if in a couple of month we get another one. And then another one. And another.

Because of nonstop upgrades, binary based mods are in danger of going extinct. I mean, do you really think modder will want to be stuck non stop upgrade loop?

This bit caught my eye:

A newly added Resource Pack has also been included to get Creators’ feet wet with a selection of art and scripting assets.

I'm guessing this just means some function calls and a handful of textures, but adding support for newer modeling and animation libraries so people don't need to resort to 3DS Max 2005 or something would be pretty rad.

Yeah I got stung by the update.  Comments on the downgrade patcher have some pinned instructions by the creator to manually download the last skyrim version's files from steam's console though.  Just tried it out and it works so if you're having trouble rolling back, go to that page and follow those instructions.

I sent this file to Bethesda with a critique on their "update" 

Taleworlds did it right..and saved themselves alot of shit from their updates breaking mods.   That way players can stay on the version they prefer with their mod setup..and it works as an offramp to avoid their updates. 

How to do it right Bethesda.jpg

Edited by Celedhring

I *always* have Steam in offline mode. Skyrim is the only Steam game I play and I'm constantly messing around with a couple mods. I also have my game in a non-default location on my computer. I'm getting old though (71 this year) and if Skyrim gets broken I'll probably just leave it behind and do something else.

7 hours ago, chajapa said:

I *always* have Steam in offline mode. Skyrim is the only Steam game I play and I'm constantly messing around with a couple mods. I also have my game in a non-default location on my computer. I'm getting old though (71 this year) and if Skyrim gets broken I'll probably just leave it behind and do something else.

Gamer 4life

3e6.gif.7e7fca075ea52ec482d7c747befc6858.gif

1 hour ago, Chlodwig said:

Stupid question but are the modders of some essential mods (like SOS) still active?

Would be a shame if the last update would send the game to rest because important mods don't work anymore and won't get updated.

There is a dll free version in case an update ever breaks SOS. It might be time to move on to another alternative if worse comes to worst, be it SOSAM or the SOS successor, The New Gentleman (which even has patches for some of the female add-ons).

this update broke everything... i made it even worse by copy/paste different skse versions in my skyrim folder breaking the game completely, even patch back did not work... before i even consider to reinstall everything fresh i need to know how to disable updates on steam and if its even worth it, did this update break all the adult mods ?

I could have sworn that I had updates turned off, but the December 5 crap-storm caught me anyways. I reverted to the previous Skyrim.exe, and so I do not get the mismatch notice regarding the version of Skyrim versus SKSE.... but Skyrim does not start. Nothing happens. Did Bethesda do something to kill user mod use?

15 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

There is a dll free version in case an update ever breaks SOS. It might be time to move on to another alternative if worse comes to worst, be it SOSAM or the SOS successor, The New Gentleman (which even has patches for some of the female add-ons).

Is it possible to Use New Gentleman instead of SOS?

7 hours ago, Antiope_Apollonia said:

The only updates I'm still waiting for are Devious Devices and Fuz Ro Doh.  Everything else I use—700ish mods—is either version-agnostic or has been updated to 1.6.1130 at this point.

Still waiting for SOS , Fuz Roh Da and CBPC  but I also use Faster HDT-SMP so not sure if CBPC is still needed or if I can just remove it.

28 minutes ago, Chlodwig said:

Is it possible to Use New Gentleman instead of SOS?

Still waiting for SOS , Fuz Roh Da and CBPC  but I also use Faster HDT-SMP so not sure if CBPC is still needed or if I can just remove it.

The New Gentlemen is meant to be used in place of SOS, not in concert with it.