How to make mods using Sexlab

Hello I am new to Loverslab, I joined yesterday and have spent about an hour reading through the mods and topics here, I downloaded Sexlab and enjoyed it everything worked great. Needless to say a lot of nice work has been done and i would also like to contribute. However I know nothing of modding but am willing to learn. If anybody could point me in the right direction, programs needed, tutorials or anything that is needed to create such mods, maybe even some tips for a beginner, it would be appreciated although I can't guarantee ill be able to figure it out as it looks pretty complicated and time consuming to script, but I will do my best. Thank you 

First, you'd certainly need the Creation Kit. You would also want to first familiarize yourself with working with the CK (i.e. knowing how to create weapons, spells, magic effects, quests). While you might not need to create weapons, spells, items, etc. for your mod per se, that knowledge can help to make you feel more confidant. creationkit.com has some pretty good tutorials, but if you want visual tutorials, Youtube uploaders also have some videos for that. Then, learning scripting is pretty important for SexLab-based mods. creationkit.com has been criticized for misleading people about how scripting is done, since the example scripts on many of the pages can't actually be compiled by themselves. However, the tutorial pages on the site can be useful. I personally learned by looking at the Vanilla scripts and looking at the general structure of it all, while referring to the relevant pages on creationkit.com. For instance, if you saw:

ScriptName MyScript Extends activemagiceffect

MiscObject Property Gold001 auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
if akCaster == Game.GetPlayer()
akTarget.RemoveItem(Gold001, 100)
akCaster.AddItem(Gold001, 100)
endif
endEvent

You might want to refer to the website to figure out what the significance of the first line is, the use for the "Property" line, events and functions, and using "if" statements.

Remember to read about SexLab and the requirements for modding with it.

There is a .ini option to update in order to allow multiple masters in CKeditor. I can't remember it but look it up with google, it is fairly well documented.

In order to compile scripts with SexLab, you will have to extract source scripts from SkyUI into your Data/scripts/source folder, otherwise you will get errors.

Adding SexLab as a dependency in your scripts is simple.

- First add SexLab.esm as a master

- Add a property to your script. If you are using the menus to add a new property, type 'SexLabFrameWork' as the type of property (it is not in the drop down options... you have to manually type it), and name your property 'SexLab'.

That's it... this allows you to call methods associated to sexlab objects.

For examples of scripts, look at the source code for one of the many SexLab plugins out there (depending on what it is you are trying to do).

Oh... and if you are getting started with CKeditor, make the official wiki your friend - especially the tutorials and links to YouTube videos.

See this for the SkyUI dependency,

In short, SexLab scripts will throw an error and won't compile unless you have SkyUI scripts in your source folder.

For scripts and properties, start here - it takes time to fully grasp all the dependencies between moving parts in the editor but it is worth it.

When you see a script in a form in the editor (for example, a magic effect script), there is usually a Properties button next to it.

This allows you to create variables inside the script that can be hooked to other parts of the game - quests to control, weapons to add to NPCs, spells to cast... 

Without these properties, your scripts cannot interact with the game.

I'm having trouble trying to set up a map marker for a quest, While trying to add a property to my script as an object reference and name to DungeonMarker, after I click on the map marker that I want to be directed to I keep getting these errors in the papyrus warnings. How do I correctly get a mapmaker to display after the quest stage has activated? I'm following the Creation Kit wiki and have been doing what it says I am currently at Quest Design Fundamentals   Loose Ends. Could somebody tell me what is wrong and what said writing means so I know how to fix it in the future? I am eager to move on. Also I'm trying to view scripts from sexlab solutions to look at examples, But the CK won't let me?

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "QF_GSQO1_02005094"...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(58,25): script property DungeonMarker already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(58,25): script variable ::DungeonMarker_var already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(58,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a get function defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(58,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a set function defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(62,25): script property DungeonMarker already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(62,25): script variable ::DungeonMarker_var already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(62,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a get function defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(62,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a set function defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(64,25): script property DungeonMarker already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(64,25): script variable ::DungeonMarker_var already defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(64,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a get function defined

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\QF_GSQO1_02005094.psc(64,25): script property DungeonMarker already has a set function defined

No output generated for QF_GSQO1_02005094, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on QF_GSQO1_02005094

Archived