Is there a way to make custom followers without the CK?

Jerbsinator

I am retarded about this stuff. Please help.

No, that's one reason the CK exists.  Actually that's not strictly true, you can use a tool like TESV edit to do it as well which is how some mods got started before the CK was released but if the CK scares you then TESV is really out of the question.

I am retarded about this stuff. Please help.

This might work http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4554/?   But I believe it is a bit out of date and probably will not work with any of the expansions.   Use at your own peril!

I would probably read the POSTS section before I use it.  MANY people have had problems with it.  But you can keep an eye on it in case it ever gets updated.

EDIT: There is another one that I haven't really checked in on - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17018/?   That might work a bit better.

EDITEDIT: Nope.. that one needs the CK.  You're stuck with a broken one or back to the CK, but don't be afraid to try playing with the CK!  There are MANY useful tutorials that will help you!   Here.. on youtube... just about everywhere if you dig around.

There's a way to do it in-game, but they will only persist for subsequent saves.

Load up the race menu, modify your character. Once done, go into the console. Type "player.placeatme 14 1". Exit the console. This should place a copy of your character next to you. Load up the console again. Select the clone. Type "Addfaction 5c84d 1" and "setrelationshiprank Player 3". Now you can hire the clone.

Repeat for as many as you want.

If you want an easy way that will persist through saves, take a look at Matortheeternal's automated scripts. Namely, the NPC generator.

To use it, get Tes5Edit. Install it in your Skyrim root folder. Place the .pas file and the various .txt files (from the NPCGenerator) into the "Edit Scripts" folder. Launch up Tes5edit, load Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm and Dragonborn.esm (or not; it's just good practice to load the main masters). Right click on any of the files in the left pane. Click "Apply Script". Select the "NPC Generator" script. Run it.

Enter the appropriate info into the message prompts that will appear (Race, factions, gender, name of the generated .esp file, etc.). Once that's done, close Tes5edit. Open up your mod manager, activate the generated .esp file. It would be a good idea to use tes5edit again to look into the generated .esp file, so you can check the names of the generated NPCs. Don't modify it, however.

Launch Skyrim. Open up the console. Type "Help NameofNpcYouWantToSpawn 4". Then type "Player.placeatme BaseIDofNpcYouWantToSpawn 1". Close the console. Re-open the console. Select the spawned NPC. Type "Setrelationshiprank Player 3". Now you can hire it.

Archived