Lovers broken for me any ideas?

I appear to have broken lovers in some fashion and i don't know how. i haven't changed anything from when it was working. Any sex  scene I try to start get an error message that it could not use the actor.

I tried to rebash mybash file (yes I disable all my lovers pk files when I bash files according to the install guide.)

My lovers animation file is the last in load order.

Other parts of the lovers system appear to be working, When I talk to someone all the dialogue options are available and such.

I am hoping that other have run into this issue and know how to fix it.

So many things can go wrong. You could try removing any new mods (non lovers related mods) you've installed since Lovers was last working. Or you could try an entirely clean save game, or a new game.

There's not much that BOSS + a clean save game won't fix.

I am not familiar with the term clean save. What is a clean save?

To to clarify i have NOT added any mods to my game that have caused this issue.

I have tried going to a very early save and the results are the same...

All features of Lovers appear to be working except when ever a sex scene starts an error message results.

Clean save means you disable the mods making trouble, start Oblivion, load the save game, and then save it anew.

since the mods have not been loaded you will "clean" your save game of the added data these mods save.

after clean saving you can enable them again and load this cleaned save game, and see it everything works again

Clean save means you disable the mods making trouble' date=' start Oblivion, load the save game, and then save it anew.

since the mods have not been loaded you will "clean" your save game of the added data these mods save.

after clean saving you can enable them again and load this cleaned save game, and see it everything works again

[/quote']

I think people have assumed the following...

1)Lovers was working

2)i installed a new mod

3)Problems ensued.

This is reasonable to assume HOWEVER...

Lovers was working last night.

i have not installed any mods since friday.

Today lovers stopped working.

So i have no obvious mod i can point to and say, "this mod is the likely cause.'

I had encounted mod conflicts before and been able to rollback the game but this issue has be at a loss as there is no clear cause i can point to. i was hoping someone else had animation issues and knows the likely cause of that problem as this appears to be the core issue.

Guest Donkey

what version of OBSE are you using ?? somehow the new one seem to freeze often, if you still have a spare of obse beta use that one instead.

what version of OBSE are you using ?? somehow the new one seem to freeze often' date=' if you still have a spare of obse beta use that one instead.

[/quote']

I am using Obse20beta6, It is the only version of Obse I have as i stopped playing oblivion for a year and came back after seeing the Skyrim trailer. I didn't keep any of my older obse versions.

Alchmo. I will give that a try.

1)I started a new game and had no success. Save the game for testing.

2)I then reapplied some the lover with pk resource pack (specificly the .bsa file)

3) This seems to have solved my problem for all but a few save games. I'll see if the are suffering bloat.

All in all it appears that the .bsa file from the resourse pack was corrupted. i don't know how this happened.

If I can't get the last few save games to work its not big deal they appear to be only an hour more game play than the last working save game.

Thank you for the help.

[EDIT] I was able to restore all but the last save i made last night using wayne bash. Thank you again chaps.

Guest Loogie

I think every game made with this engine has its files corrupt over time.  When I left Fallout 3 alone since last October so I could try Sexus last month, none of the NPC animations were working aside from ones added by mods.

If it's what I'm thinking it is, cast your lovers PK spell (sexual exploits) and "Fix surrounding NPCs -> Fix everything" (or something like that) should solve your problem.

(Note: I don't actually know what causes it, but this or something very similar happens from time to time in my game.)

Archived