Go to Sleep - Alpha WiP

Go to Sleep - Alpha WiP

View File

This mod is inspired by the Skyrim mod "Go to Bed" and does similar things.

- You can see the player go to a bed and lie down (with a seamless animation!) and also get up from the bed
- With a hotkey function this is also possible to sleep on dirty floors
- Unpleasant events may occur during the sleeping period
- You can define a sleepdress including Items from Devious devices (requires DD_Enchantings Reloaded version 1.61)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mod is more or less still in alpha state and still has  problems, for example, sometimes you can see the player standing next to the bed.

None of my mods have given me as much of a headache as this one.
Unexpectedly, the biggest problems only occurred after the player was in bed.
I implemented 2 workarounds that still make it somewhat playable)

General Hints
Unless you are playing in survival mode, I recommend turning off the game option - Save on Sleep.

General information:
Create a SaveGame before installing.
Do not interrupt any animation - this can render key functions on the gamepad unusable: It is better to wait for the timeout
The Timeouts are approx. 20 seconds in both phases - walking to bed (1) and lying down (2)

(In the mod Sleep together Anywhere - a compatible mod - the whole problem is avoided by not doing that at all
Vanilla Sleepmenu is called up: The biggest disadvantage, however, is that the Papyrus OnSleepEvents don't trigger either!)

Some unpleasant outcomes either still need to be programmed or may require fine-tuning
Nevertheless playable is:
- Kidnap (Requires AAF Violate)
- RSE CSA,

- Bound in Public and

- Commonwealth Slavery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone wants to adopt the "Go to Sleep" mod, they are welcome to do so, at least as long as it is not for

commercial purposes and I am mentioned.

Update

Simply overwrite everything. 1.01 only contains 2 script fixes.

A partial  pdate - a modified script only - is available on page 2 in the support thread.

It will disable Gamesaving from my mod, because the created saves are more or less useless.

Incompatible mods :
- Dangerous Nights (The mod simply waits as long as the player is in bed)

Possibly problematic
- Sexual Harassment (Because of the animation)

My special thanks goes to
- @EgoBallistic, who is probably one of the modders with a lot of experience for Fallout 4 at the moment.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/04/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    F4SE, AAF, MCM, SUP_F4SE

Some general informations

You should disable logging on the maintenance page, by default it is on. Otherwise my mod will  flood your log file with a ton of GTS messages. 

Enable unpleasant event

In the current  realization the Slider 'Enable unpleasant event' gives the absolute chance that something can happen during sleep.

If unpleasant events is enabled with a slider value  greater zero, than the absolute chance is incresed by 5 % during night time.

(Can be easily changed in a global using XEdit)

If the player is already lying in bed, Setting the Eventchance to zero will not disable the event. The Night time chance will stay active.

Whenever an unpleasant  event should the list of possible outcomes specifies the probability with which a particular event will be selected:

With the example of @valcon767:

Bound  in public: 20 ,  Kidnapped: 60 -> Sum of all 80.

Than with a probability of 60/80 = 75% the kidnap scenario is choosen and with the probability of 20/80 = 25% the Bound in Public scenarion.

Anyway, even if kidnap scenario would be choosen, it may not trigger if no suited kidnapper can be found nearby.

I am not a fan of an  overcrowded MCM menu, because very often I did not understand the meaning of the settings. Maybe sometimes only

the mod author really understand the meaning of some settings.

OK, however there is the possibility to change the distribution of chances for the possible event selection relatively easily, but not in the game.

In the folder MCM/Settings you can open the file GTS_Unpleasant.Ini. Open this file with an Editor and change the values to your personal flavour.

A choosen value of 0 will disable an outcome scenario, even if the mod is installed. When you are back in game, you must use the Button

'Build or rebuild possible outcomes'

The outcomes 'Bound in public', 'Commonwealth slavers' and 'RSE CSA abductions' uses the settings from the respective mods unchanged.

The outcome for kidnapped which uses @Egoballistic 'AAF violate' is slightly different. Some of the settings are modified or temporary overwritten

until the outcome is finished. (Be careful Bad endings is not yet changed, but I must do it with an update)

The outcome for 'RSE CSA abductions' also requires 'AAF violate' to be installed and enabled, since it simply uses the possibilitys of this mod with some special settings.

Something about sleeping

When you want to sleep indoor there is no limitation, maybe except ownership ?

But when sleeping outside the weather matters.

If you trying to sleep in open air it is not possible when it is raining, or storming. In good clear weather it is no problem. With cloudy weather it is possible by chance. Look out for a bed that is under a roof, there it is possible independant from the current weather !

Something about sleeping dress

Sleeping dress is (currently) not supported for the 'Sleeping on the floor' option. However, in order to be able to sleep on the floor, the player must not be naked !

To define pajamas, the 'Use sleepwear' option must be activated. If the option is activated but no sleeping dress is defined, the player will sleep naked ! Any clothing currently worn can be specified as the sleeping dress to use  via a message box. Items from Devious Devices are also supported , if my other mod in last version is installed.

For example I thought, blindfolds or security belts can make sense. Make sure you have the right keys in your inventory. Lol  :)

Something about camera

In the folder ...\MCM\settings there is a file GTS_Camera.Ini. In this file you can specify customized settings for sleeping and standing. The file only contains the settings used by GotoSleep and no others.

The usage of the file must be activated in the MCM.

Beds from mods other than the vanilla game.

I feel in no way responsible for these beds. They can work, work partially, or does not work at all.

I would only investigate the reason and invest time if I was interested in playing the mod myself or for a good friend. (When you are young you always    think life is endless)

My mod was tested  with the beds from the vanilla game, which can be created via the workshop.

- That has already caused enough problems for me, as the beds are taken over by settlers and the animation without ownership of the bed from the player simply doesn't work (Without any comment and even with the ownerflag ship flag in AI package disabled !!)

This is my bed : Seems to work, but tested only with one single bed from 13.

Lovers Luxury Bed Lady Killer: Not compatible, Reason unknown.

Edited by Kanlaon
camera

Private Usage

Absolutely great pictures accompanied by one of my favorite arias: I think the soprano is Maria Callas, but I don't know for sure. In any case, the artist has an incredibly powerful voice.

Edited by Kanlaon

time to download and take it for a test drive.

i really like the idea that something can happen during sleep.  in fact i had Dangerous Nights installed but took it out for some reason that i do not

remember now.

will post again with my thoughts after i use it awhile.

ok usage report from test drive

it works and i really do like the lay down to sleep animation.  i do have Sexual Harassment installed and did not run into animation issue.

i do have Commonwealth Slavers installed but have finished the mod, do have BDH installed but dialogues are blocked, Raider Pet installed, and AAF Violate running.

(picture in spoiler)

ran into possibly a bug/problem.  anytime i go to sleep from laying down in a bed i get kidnapped 4 out of 5 times (80%).  

the Enable unpleasant events during sleep slider setting makes no difference to the rate it occurs.  i did try adjusting the slider and got the same results with it set

at 0, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 90, 95.  it always is a 4 of 5 chance i get the event.  the list of outcomes shows and is accurate 3 times AAF kidnapped 1 time BIP, and 1 time just sleep.

i do not know if this is proper behavior or not. 

i thought (yes i did that dangerous thing called thinking) that the slider adjusted the overall chance of unpleasant event occurring and the list of outcomes told me

was what was going to happen if it occurred.

i really do want to have this mod running long term, but with AN76 for needs mod if i get kidnapped 80% of the time and get no sleep at all, and cannot adjust the

chance of the event occurring it will make it a more difficult choice to run the mod.

i even tried to sleep when the AAF kidnap event had fired and it fired yet again.  first kidnapping took me from Boston Airport to Easy Downs, when i tried sleeping

when i got there (without getting up) the next kidnapping at least landed me at Easy Downs again (i just moved a few feet to the other sleeping bag).

somehow i do not think this was intended behavior.  maybe it is just me and my modlist/load order.

if the Enable unpleasant event during sleep slider did adjust the chance of it occurring during sleep for me it would be a definite must have for me.

that would make it risky to sleep making me balance need for sleep with the risk, but at a flat 80% kidnapping happening it is much more problematical

to put in a long term game.  at least with AN76 running i do have another option to get actual sleep if critical (some sofas work), so will still probably use

it even as it currently is for next new game.

image.jpeg.fb8a821cf9b6db5f9760a62f1923c071.jpeg

it may seem like all i am doing is complaining, but that is not what i mean to do.  i just want the mod to get better.

THANK YOU for making it.

Yes, I came to report basically the same problem with being able to sleep.

It Would Be Nice if there was an option to show the random value which was obtained side-by-side with the configured setting for unpleasant events.

I also should note that I have RSE:CSA installed and enabled, but this mod gives it a 0 weight in my unpleasant events diagnostic.

I won't install it yet as it's in alpha state and I simply don't have enough free time to test it properly. But I will track it as I've been waiting for something like this for a long time now!

I do have to ask, how does this mod treat workshops (settlements)? It should definitely treat all owned workshop locations (both vanilla and modded) as safe, preventing unpleasant events to trigger. Maybe it already does this, but I wouldn't know as I haven't tried the mod yet.

Also, the implementation with other mods is amazing, but the mod really needs a % chance slider for each and every mod. That way it'd be even more modular and it'd allow users to tweak it to their liking.

Really looking forward to seeing future updates, this looks very promising! Keep up the great work and take care!

Currently, there's a function can_trigger_unplevent which looks like it was cut back from an earlier elaborate implementation. Currently, it just takes the slider value and adds 5% to that slider value during certain nighttime hours, then picks a random number in the range 1..100 and it returns true if the random number was less than the modified chance.

Unfortunately, nothing ever calls this function, so it's irrelevant.

Here's a list of functions defined in the mod's psc files which are not called from anywhere in the script, in any json files nor (for good measure) any .ini files in the mod (I did not check for functions called directly from the mod, though):

calc_rounds_to_satisfy
Camera_GetIniSettings
can_trigger_unplevent
DD_get_Color
GetScriptVersion
handle_sexduration
isbed_reachable
isCameraSleepview
is_unpleventactiv
keys
MCM_Test_Dump
SetSleeping
Set_Perk
try_start_kidnap
unpleasant_companions

Edited by sen4mi
i hope this helps
3 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I do have to ask, how does this mod treat workshops (settlements)? It should definitely treat all owned workshop locations (both vanilla and modded) as safe, preventing unpleasant events to trigger. Maybe it already does this, but I wouldn't know as I haven't tried the mod yet.

Would agree if it were based on a defense value or population value for the settlement. Perhaps sliders for those? I mean if youre the only one in the settlement, why should you be safe there?

i mean event is cool ..animation work fine almoust in every mod bed i have (some problem via what side you try to go sleep left or rigth) but that kidnap chance cannot be changed via ini file? i tried different nambers on clean save on old save but nothing . and of course beds in settlement need be save or via defence rate .i mean work only violate event , idea is cool but need some more polish 

9 hours ago, valcon767 said:

ok usage report from test drive

it works and i really do like the lay down to sleep animation.  i do have Sexual Harassment installed and did not run into animation issue.

i do have Commonwealth Slavers installed but have finished the mod, do have BDH installed but dialogues are blocked, Raider Pet installed, and AAF Violate running.

(picture in spoiler)

ran into possibly a bug/problem.  anytime i go to sleep from laying down in a bed i get kidnapped 4 out of 5 times (80%).  

the Enable unpleasant events during sleep slider setting makes no difference to the rate it occurs.  i did try adjusting the slider and got the same results with it set

at 0, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 90, 95.  it always is a 4 of 5 chance i get the event.  the list of outcomes shows and is accurate 3 times AAF kidnapped 1 time BIP, and 1 time just sleep.

i do not know if this is proper behavior or not. 

i thought (yes i did that dangerous thing called thinking) that the slider adjusted the overall chance of unpleasant event occurring and the list of outcomes told me

was what was going to happen if it occurred.

i really do want to have this mod running long term, but with AN76 for needs mod if i get kidnapped 80% of the time and get no sleep at all, and cannot adjust the

chance of the event occurring it will make it a more difficult choice to run the mod.

i even tried to sleep when the AAF kidnap event had fired and it fired yet again.  first kidnapping took me from Boston Airport to Easy Downs, when i tried sleeping

when i got there (without getting up) the next kidnapping at least landed me at Easy Downs again (i just moved a few feet to the other sleeping bag).

somehow i do not think this was intended behavior.  maybe it is just me and my modlist/load order.

if the Enable unpleasant event during sleep slider did adjust the chance of it occurring during sleep for me it would be a definite must have for me.

that would make it risky to sleep making me balance need for sleep with the risk, but at a flat 80% kidnapping happening it is much more problematical

to put in a long term game.  at least with AN76 running i do have another option to get actual sleep if critical (some sofas work), so will still probably use

it even as it currently is for next new game.

Hide contents

image.jpeg.fb8a821cf9b6db5f9760a62f1923c071.jpeg

it may seem like all i am doing is complaining, but that is not what i mean to do.  i just want the mod to get better.

THANK YOU for making it.

Ooh, yes aou are right. Since I tested either with slider 0 or slider 100 chance. I missed that. The procedure 'can_trigger_unplevent ()' is not called anywhere.

To fix this should not be a big problem.

9 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Yes, I came to report basically the same problem with being able to sleep.

It Would Be Nice if there was an option to show the random value which was obtained side-by-side with the configured setting for unpleasant events.

I also should note that I have RSE:CSA installed and enabled, but this mod gives it a 0 weight in my unpleasant events diagnostic.

Yes the basis chance evaluation is missing, regarding RSE:CSA I do not have a real idea. The only thing i know is that the outcome for RSE:CSA requires also

AAF violate, since my mod simply uses an already good working solution. No need to make something new.

9 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

I won't install it yet as it's in alpha state and I simply don't have enough free time to test it properly. But I will track it as I've been waiting for something like this for a long time now!

Also, the implementation with other mods is amazing, but the mod really needs a % chance slider for each and every mod. That way it'd be even more modular and it'd allow users to tweak it to their liking.

Really looking forward to seeing future updates, this looks very promising! Keep up the great work and take care!

Especially the unpleasant event are still a work in progress and at the moments there are NO chances, that will considere location, settlement, companion friendly NPC's around etc.

It is simply based on chance (and even this does not work as planned at the moment) Considering the surroundings I thought would be something for further developing.

My main focus for the mod was playing the bed animations on the player. The unpleasant events are something that I know from skyrim but I missed in Fallout 4.

I always thought 'Dangerous Nights' would do the trick,  but for me it doesn't.

9 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Currently, there's a function can_trigger_unplevent which looks like it was cut back from an earlier elaborate implementation. Currently, it just takes the slider value and adds 5% to that slider value during certain nighttime hours, then picks a random number in the range 1..100 and it returns true if the random number was less than the modified chance.

Unfortunately, nothing ever calls this function, so it's irrelevant.

Here's a list of functions defined in the mod's psc files which are not called from anywhere in the script, in any json files nor (for good measure) any .ini files in the mod (I did not check for functions called directly from the mod, though):

calc_rounds_to_satisfy
Camera_GetIniSettings
can_trigger_unplevent
DD_get_Color
GetScriptVersion
handle_sexduration
isbed_reachable
isCameraSleepview
is_unpleventactiv
keys
MCM_Test_Dump
SetSleeping
Set_Perk
try_start_kidnap
unpleasant_companions

Do you use a tool for making a crossreference list ? For papyrus I do not have something like this.

Some of the procedures are unfinished and part of my ideas and therefore not called.

THE ONLY IMPORTANT AND BY ACCIDENT NOT USED IS CAN_TRIGGER_UNPLEVENT.

In my eyes a total cleanup only makes sense if you consider your mod as finished, otherwise maybe it is possible that you delete one of the good ideas or solutions you already had.

6 hours ago, Olmech said:

Wait...Violate has a kidnap feature? How did I miss that?

Nope in principal 'AAF Violate' does not have a kidnap feature. My idea simply was to move the player into a raider camp (or similar) modify some values in the 'MCM' of 'AAF violate'  (at the moment hardcoded in my script) and then call the surrender function automatically in 'AAF surrender'

The crux is sometimes you see the raiders becoming hostile for a short moment, but the player is invincible until surrendered.

When the 'Resume Event' from AAF violate fires all changed MCM values are turned back to original state, simply by calling the "MCM Load" function from AAF violate.

If @Egoballistic would change the "surrender functionality (checkrace)" to handover a referencealiascollection, AAF violate also could be used to surrender to non hostile NPC's

to start a forced orgy with settlers too.

2 hours ago, kazeha9 said:

i mean event is cool ..animation work fine almoust in every mod bed i have (some problem via what side you try to go sleep left or rigth) but that kidnap chance cannot be changed via ini file? i tried different nambers on clean save on old save but nothing . and of course beds in settlement need be save or via defence rate .i mean work only violate event , idea is cool but need some more polish 

The mattress on the floor is the most problematic bed. It can only be used from one side and not from two sides as is usually the case.

So if this side is against a wall, than the mattress on the ground cannot be used as planned and my mod will run in a timeout.

6 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Do you use a tool for making a crossreference list ? For papyrus I do not have something like this.

Some of the procedures are unfinished and part of my ideas and therefore not called.

THE ONLY IMPORTANT AND BY ACCIDENT NOT USED IS CAN_TRIGGER_UNPLEVENT.

In my eyes a total cleanup only makes sense if you consider your mod as finished, otherwise maybe it is possible that you delete one of the good ideas or solutions you already had.

I cooked up a little shell script for this and used it within the unpacked MO2 folder for the mod. (Technically, not really a script - just a few command lines that I tried out.)

If you have cygwin installed (or use linux (including wsl under windows) or osx), and you're interested, I could detail it for you.

But basically, I looked for lines in the main psc files that had 'function' on them, grabbed the following name (that gave me a list of functions). I also went looking for every .psc file, and every json file (and every ini file, but I don't think they mattered) and for each name, pulled out the lines that had a function name (case insensitive search, since papyrus basically doesn't care about uppercase vs lowercase), then I tossed the lines which had the word "function " (with a following space, to ignore "function": in  json files). If there were no matching lines for that name, that meant that the name was not referenced anywhere.

Anyways, it was kind of ad-hoc, but I decided that it might be useful so was worth doing just in case it would be helpful.

6 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Nope in principal 'AAF Violate' does not have a kidnap feature. My idea simply was to move the player into a raider camp (or similar) modify some values in the 'MCM' of 'AAF violate'  (at the moment hardcoded in my script) and then call the surrender function automatically in 'AAF surrender'

The crux is sometimes you see the raiders becoming hostile for a short moment, but the player is invincible until surrendered.

When the 'Resume Event' from AAF violate fires all changed MCM values are turned back to original state, simply by calling the "MCM Load" function from AAF violate.

If @Egoballistic would change the "surrender functionality (checkrace)" to handover a referencealiascollection, AAF violate also could be used to surrender to non hostile NPC's

to start a forced orgy with settlers too.

How does this tie in with RSE:CSA abductions?

22 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Not currently available, but adoptable if anyone is interested:
- Player Exhibitionist 1.61 (Skyrim)
- Crafting requires more equipment (Skyrim)
- The curse of the Unexpected (Oblivion)
- Vault 101 Collar (Fallout 3)

You should repost these.  Pretty hard to know if you'd want to adopt them if you can't preview them or see the description.

I have stumbled over another problem with this mod (after updating to 1.01)

When I load the game (I am playing on survival, but have it rigged so that I can make saves without sleeping - fo4 bugs seemingly require that), I automatically get sent to a BiP scene.

This only seems to happen when I first start the game. But this also locks up my controls so that I cannot attack even after loading a different save. 

This might be because of some residual influence from the 1.00 version?

But... it's crippling.

I am going to discard my current character and start afresh with a new character, but ... now you know?

4 hours ago, sen4mi said:

When I load the game (I am playing on survival, but have it rigged so that I can make saves without sleeping - fo4 bugs seemingly require that), I automatically get sent to a BiP scene.

This only seems to happen when I first start the game. But this also locks up my controls so that I cannot attack even after loading a different save. 

But... it's crippling.

I am going to discard my current character and start afresh with a new character, but ... now you know?

ok i think that is residual from 1.00, might also be due to you being on rigged survival compared to me on AN76 survival (not Beth survival).

reason is i have rolled back to save just before installing 1.00 and installed 1.01 and have not run into that issue at all, and

yes i have loaded game several times (both in power armor and not).

the Unpleasant events slider now works correctly so it is now in load order and staying.

thank you again Kanlaon

I loaded this into a pre-existing save last night which really isnt fair. Had a few things go wrong but because it was on an old save, I wont list those. Ill wait till I can try in a new game to offer any problems.

On a side note, I used this mod while in Sanctuary and was kidnapped to the little Raider hut across the creek behind Sanctuary. Hardship then kicked in and worked. That was the only time it worked. After that, I could no longer lay down to sleep. I clicked it but my character just stood there unable to move. Had to use debug feature. May be because of existing save issue, so dont waste any time chasing that rabbit yet.

4 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

But... it's crippling.

Ok, when an outcome triggers in survival mode the game itself does not make a save game, since the Sleep Menu was not opened.

So I thought it would be a good idea if my mod itself will make a save game, so that no save would be missed.

But I forgot the savegame was done after the script decided, that something unpleasant should trigger.

Now if you load this save an unpleasant event will always come up, since it was already stored. The shown thumbnails are always a little bit behind

the actual game status and may still show the player lying in bed.

I have no idea how it can be possible to solve it. The best thing would be to kick the save call out from the script.

I guess you should try loading a save game from an earlier game state, creating a new character surely has no effect.

5 minutes ago, Olmech said:

I loaded this into a pre-existing save last night which really isnt fair. Had a few things go wrong but because it was on an old save, I wont list those. Ill wait till I can try in a new game to offer any problems.

On a side note, I used this mod while in Sanctuary and was kidnapped to the little Raider hut across the creek behind Sanctuary. Hardship then kicked in and worked. That was the only time it worked. After that, I could no longer lay down to sleep. I clicked it but my character just stood there unable to move. Had to use debug feature. May be because of existing save issue, so dont waste any time chasing that rabbit yet.

I never make a test with hardship, sometimes the 'Reset to stand button' in the maintenance page helps. Since it does not only reset to standing position also resets the 'bed quest'

As long as the bed quest is running further triggering a bed is blocked.

Another problem sometimes is the possibility of Nude Basics (Restrict sleep time), which can switch the Button labels for the beds to invisible.

I thought already to transfer this feature into 'Go to sleep', since it is much more logical to have it here.