Go to Sleep - Alpha WiP

On 12/7/2023 at 1:51 AM, sen4mi said:

The overboss bed in nuka world ignores this mod. (Or... the last version of this mod which was published... I do not know how the version you are currently working on will behave.)

So what happened, does the regular sleep menu openes ? This should be the fallback solution.

Currently I am mostly working on the unleasant events (Or now for something completely different - like Monthy P.). The bedcontrol is nearly identical to version 1.02

I own the DLC Nuka world, but until now I never played it.

Without the reference Id and the base id of this bed it is difficult to check what couuld be the reason.

1 hour ago, Kanlaon said:

So what happened, does the regular sleep menu openes ? This should be the fallback solution.

Yes, that's exactly what happens.

Edit: the bed has formid 0604020C where 06 refers to DLCNukaWorld.esm and baseid 001340D5.

Edited by sen4mi
included formid
On 12/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, sen4mi said:

Yes, that's exactly what happens.

Edit: the bed has formid 0604020C where 06 refers to DLCNukaWorld.esm and baseid 001340D5.

The bed is in the list of problematic beds, but I do not remember if there was a reason or not. With XEdit it can be changed easily.

image.png.a4a1e65f47f0acf7d61bdcf0b37096e9.png

3 hours ago, Cookiemonsta234 said:

This mod caused my camera to zoom in and out while moving around in third person. Has anyone else had this issue?

I have not seen that issue, but I have run into a game ending problem when sleeping in vault 111 (I am still using the current release of this game, with unpleasant events disabled):

[12/21/2023 - 10:04:19AM] error:  (6B1D16EA): cannot be moved.
stack:
        [ (6B1D16EA)].ObjectReference.MoveTo() - "<native>" Line ?
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.Activate_Triggerbed() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line 289
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.try_to_Sleep() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line ?
        [GTS_ActivateBedPerk (6B00D4F5)].GTS:Fragments:Perks:GTS_PRKF_ActivateBed.Fragment_Entry_02() - "D:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\Fragments\Perks\GTS_PRKF_ActivateBed.psc" Line 32
[12/21/2023 - 10:04:19AM] error:  (6B1D16EA): cannot be rotated.
stack:
        [ (6B1D16EA)].ObjectReference.SetAngle() - "<native>" Line ?
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.Activate_Triggerbed() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line 290
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.try_to_Sleep() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line ?
        [GTS_ActivateBedPerk (6B00D4F5)].GTS:Fragments:Perks:GTS_PRKF_ActivateBed.Fragment_Entry_02() - "D:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\Fragments\Perks\GTS_PRKF_ActivateBed.psc" Line 32

10 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I have not seen that issue, but I have run into a game ending problem when sleeping in vault 111 (I am still using the current release of this game, with unpleasant events disabled):

stack:
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.Activate_Triggerbed() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line 289
stack:
        [GTS_GotoBedQuest (6B004C51)].gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript.Activate_Triggerbed() - "d:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\GTS\GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript.psc" Line 290

Interesting, I use custom camera and it took me forever to figure out that this mod was causing the issue

Would you consider looking into compatibility with the Campsite - Simple Wasteland Camping mod? Seems if I place down a sleeping bag, I can use it to lay down but need to 'cancel' on the menu option Campsite puts up about sleeping, moving/rotating the bed, etc. Then I can select to sleep and it works. When waking up, I cannot get out of the bed unless I go into the MCM and force my character to stand up. Then, the sleeping bag cannot be picked up to take with me again.

If any other info is needed for this let me know, or if there is a known workaround. Thanks in advance.

I would wait for an updated version of the mod (if it's even being worked on -- I took a stab at it myself and quickly gave up).

There's problems involved in working with the underlying game, and those need to be solved before it makes sense to build patches to support other mods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 5:22 AM, Cookiemonsta234 said:

This mod caused my camera to zoom in and out while moving around in third person. Has anyone else had this issue?

Having the same issue, not sure if it's because of another mod, BUT it is this mod, that when installed is causing the issue. Not sure if it's a LO issue or what.

3rd person FOV change while moving is odd. 

Did you manage to fix it?

Edited by The Lonesome Spirit
1 hour ago, The Lonesome Spirit said:

Having the same issue, not sure if it's because of another mod, BUT it is this mod, that when installed is causing the issue. Not sure if it's a LO issue or what.

3rd person FOV change while moving is odd. 

Did you manage to fix it?

No, I just uninstalled this mod unfortunately.  I tried disabling custom camera but I still had issue of the FOV change

On 12/21/2023 at 4:07 PM, sen4mi said:

stack:
stack:

Basically I have no idea why the "Triggerbed" cannot be moved. I always thought that the obect to activate must be near to the player to activate it - like it was necessary in oblivion.

But this seems not valid for Fallout 4. In my last test moving of the bed was not necessary while activating seems possible nevertheless.

Therefore the responisble lines was just removed. THis is the responsible code in the "Bedquest"

;---------------------------------------------------------------
; This function should open the sleepmenu from papyrus
;---------------------------------------------------------------

function Activate_Triggerbed (objectreference Newpos, objectreference bedRef)

; The regular bed could be occupied by the clone, therefore we use a special
   ; invisible bed here, and it must be close to the player so that it is possible
   ; to activate it

; Now find the matching trigger for survival mode, Instead of messing around with keywords now use 3 different triggers
   objectreference TriggerBedRef
   if bSurvivalMode
      if HC_Manager.IsSleepingBag (BedRef)
         TriggerBedRef = Triggeractbedref3.getreference()
      elseif !HC_Manager.IsBed (BedRef)
          TriggerBedRef = Triggeractbedref5.getreference()
      endif
   endif
   if (TriggerBedRef == None)
      TriggerBedRef = Triggeractbedref.getreference()       ; default no sleeptime limit
   endif

log ("Triggerreferenz " + TriggerBedRef)

; TriggerBedRef.MoveTo (Newpos, 0.0, 0.0, -8.0)   ; Now idea why it is not possibel to move or rotate
   ; TriggerBedRef.SetAngle (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)          ; but maybe not necessary
   TriggerBedRef.enable ()
   TriggerbedRef.activate (pl_ref)
   TriggerbedRef.disable ()

endfunction

On 1/2/2024 at 7:34 AM, Cookiemonsta234 said:

No, I just uninstalled this mod unfortunately.  I tried disabling custom camera but I still had issue of the FOV change

I do not know if i should try to support custom cumera in future.

Basically my mod uses 2 camera positions one for sleeping and one for "standing" and normal gameplay.

For standing the default settings in my mod are:

Function    Camera_FO4StandDefaults ()
   bApplyCameraNodeAnimations = true;
   fOverShoulderPosX   = 0.0;
   fOverShoulderPosZ   = 0.0;
   fVanityModeMaxDist  = 150.0 ;
   fVanityModeMinDist  = 0.0 ;
   fDefaultWorldFOV    = 70.0 ;  
endFunction

NEVERTHELESS IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE YOUR OWN SETTINGS, INCLUDING FOV !

You can find them in the file GTS_Camera.ini and usage of the file must be activated in MCM !

Here is what GTS_Camera.Ini contains

[Common]
bSleepviewActive=1

[CamSleep]
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0
fOverShoulderPosZ=-80.0000
fOverShoulderPosZB=-50.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=10.0000
fVanityModeMaxDist=80.0000
fVanityModeMinDist=50.0000
fDefaultWorldFOV=75.000

[CamStand]
bApplyCameraNodeAnimations=0
fOverShoulderPosZ=0.0000
fOverShoulderPosX=30.0000
fVanityModeMaxDist=400.0000
fVanityModeMinDist=200.0000
fDefaultWorldFOV=70.000

On 1/2/2024 at 7:34 AM, Cookiemonsta234 said:

I am not so familiar with custom camera. So does it have a possibility to switch off in MCM ?

If yes, it does not make a difference, since "Go to sleep version 1.02" only checks if the plugin custom camera is found in the load order.

If Custom camera is found in load order, than "Go to sleep" behaves a little bit different than without Custom camera, but I have only fairly tested it. :(

On 12/24/2023 at 8:48 AM, sen4mi said:

The middle bed in Covenant -  ID: 001A583E, baseID: 00249040 also ignores this mod (the mod itself still works with other beds).

Hmm, I could remove the Excludelist from the hardcoded part into the perk script, than it would be possible to write a notification onto the screen for known 'problematic beds'.

Anyway at the moment I do not focus on special beds if they work or do not work.

Regarding progress for an update.

I have found a small improvement for the behaviour in survival mode. But survival mode still looks weird.

Hope that Mr. Tomm Infinite can help out, since I myself want to play Fallout 4 in survival mode !!

In the next update I will no longer use spells for the unpleasant events, instead use regular Quests. That already solved at least one existing bug/problem.

For the unpleasant events, I will add something special for settlements:

"Settlement Orgy" and also a new "Dangerous sleep". But the 'nightmare' in dangerous sleep does not behave very well at the moment.

2 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

In the next update I will no longer use spells for the unpleasant events, instead use regular Quests. That already solved at least one existing bug/problem.

It would be great if there were some way to plug into this system, though I am still trying to figure out how that could work.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

It would be great if there were some way to plug into this system, though I am still trying to figure out how that could work.

@Krazyone already suggested providing some kind of framework for that purpose early in development, but I have no idea how it could work.

Each of the mods I've looked into so far has different requirements and requires special treatment.

Unfortunately, some mods don't fit into the system at all, at least not without (profound ?) changes.

Some of the mods seem no longer be supported and does not have the source files included. So to look into Boston Devious helper it was necessary to decompile the PEX files.

Edited by Kanlaon
17 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

I am not so familiar with custom camera. So does it have a possibility to switch off in MCM ?

If yes, it does not make a difference, since "Go to sleep version 1.02" only checks if the plugin custom camera is found in the load order.

If Custom camera is found in load order, than "Go to sleep" behaves a little bit different than without Custom camera, but I have only fairly tested it. :(

Custom camera is awesome! It allows you to save different profiles for camera settings in game. I would recommend trying it if you get a chance. It does not have an option to switch off. Is there a way to switch off the in game camera in your mod?

3 hours ago, Cookiemonsta234 said:

Custom camera is awesome! It allows you to save different profiles for camera settings in game. I would recommend trying it if you get a chance. It does not have an option to switch off. Is there a way to switch off the in game camera in your mod?

Unfortunately not. One of the first things I found out after the player successfully entered the bed is, that the Vanilla camera is not only bad instead it is absolutely unusable. That was the reason to make the camera changings.

• 2 months later...

All I get from the mod when standing near or on a vanilla bed or mattress is [Lying naked in the dirt?]. There is a new E) Lie Down in the normal HUD, but it only opens the main sleep menu and I get nothing but the regular sleep.

I tried wearing clothes, and setting it as Sleep Dress, naked, etc etc.

I tried again, got the Sleep Dress settled, and it worked! Once. Sadly just the once. After that I reloaded because that was just a test, did the same things over again and now the pop-up closes after Sleep on the Ground (because vanilla beds don't register at all), and the character just stands there. Have to use the Maintenance option to reset.

Damn. That one that worked to kidnap me worked beautifully.

What am I missing exactly?

update: thought I had it working, but whenever I went into workshop mode and came out I'd suddenly be wearing all the restraints from the last kidnapping, and that despite not having them in my inventory. Something is not right, and I had to go back about 2 hours to remove this. 

Edited by ETSubmariner
On 3/28/2024 at 11:19 PM, ETSubmariner said:

All I get from the mod when standing near or on a vanilla bed or mattress is [Lying naked in the dirt?]. There is a new E) Lie Down in the normal HUD, but it only opens the main sleep menu and I get nothing but the regular sleep.

I tried wearing clothes, and setting it as Sleep Dress, naked, etc etc.

I tried again, got the Sleep Dress settled, and it worked! Once. Sadly just the once. After that I reloaded because that was just a test, did the same things over again and now the pop-up closes after Sleep on the Ground (because vanilla beds don't register at all), and the character just stands there. Have to use the Maintenance option to reset.

Damn. That one that worked to kidnap me worked beautifully.

What am I missing exactly?

update: thought I had it working, but whenever I went into workshop mode and came out I'd suddenly be wearing all the restraints from the last kidnapping, and that despite not having them in my inventory. Something is not right, and I had to go back about 2 hours to remove this. 

Lying naked in the dirt yo will get only when using the hotkey function, and the player is not wearing anything in the body slot (Vanilla Naked detection)

Make sure, that you not have other sleep mods installed that also add activation choices for beds, since this is problematic (kind of a game bug)

On 4/12/2024 at 5:22 PM, guliguliradish said:

Your module is not compatible with any 3rd animation mods. This is the conclusion I finally reached after two days. It will destroy all cameras, and indirectly, my monitor has also gone into the trash can due to my anger

I made the mod according to my knowledge, but you are free to improve it.