Go to Sleep - Alpha WiP

6 hours ago, sen4mi said:

That is good to know.

Thanks for going into the details like that for me.

Edit - I forgot to ask - is it possible to sleep on a bed that has a clone on it?

I think, this is not possible. As the game will block it, the same with beds occupied by settlers.

My script did not do it, instead it moves a "free" sleepingbag near to the player and activates this sleeping bed (on the ground) instead.

When playing in hardcore mod, this could be one of your problems you described, since hardcore had some time restrictions for ground beds.

(I am Uusing hardcore mode, not yet for a real playthrough)

7 hours ago, sen4mi said:

And....

I just now went to sleep, after dark, so I guess I triggered on the +5% from night time (my base unpleasant events chance is 0), and got sent to a locked room in Grandchester Mansion (two doors, both required a key to go through - though one "looked open"). And, I got a "no one to surrender to" message.

Loading the save from when I went to sleep dropped me into another unpleasant event. Hopefully this will be one I can get out of.

If nothing else, I think this is evidence that an option that keeping a save before unpleasant events can trigger is good thing.

Edit: it looks like I will have to roll back that game to before I went to sleep.

After four play throughs, I have wound up in Grandchester Mansion again, once, and the other two times I wound up in a bound in public scene (once on an X facing away, the other time on an X facing towards the X). But when the X scene finishes, I am unable to move - I am left floating in the air where the X was and enableplayercontrols does not let me move. I have tried using TortureDevices stop animation debug, but that does nothing (and if I play an anim, then stop it, "I" go back to floating in the air on a now non-existent cross).

I am presuming that this is not a BiP bug, but is instead a mod interaction bug. I am imagining that if people had hit this bug with raw BiP that we would be hearing about that already. (But maybe I have an over-active imagination?)

Further Edit: I am still struggling with beds which are not supposed to be dirty (like the one in the dugout inn) giving me the "dirty mattress" behavior. So now I am wondering, after the animation plays,, and I hit R, what determines which bed I am sleeping on? How can I verify that the bed that is in front of me is actually the bed I am sleeping on?

Here are the GTS lines (with a few other "main event" lines thrown in) from trying to sleep for 8 hours on the rented bed in the dugout inn, where it kicked me out after 5 hours:

[11/07/2023 - 01:39:44AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "::remote_RaiderPet:DialogueQuestScr_TakenCaptive" in state "" on object "GTS:GTS_UepCtrl_RP_Script".
[11/07/2023 - 01:39:44AM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnTimer" in state "" on object "GTS:GTS_UepCtrl_RP_Script".
[11/07/2023 - 01:40:18AM] GTS S Devious devices Enchantings detected : None
[11/07/2023 - 01:40:18AM] GTS S custom camera detected None
[11/07/2023 - 01:40:18AM] GTS S FO4 NudeBasics detected: None
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:40AM] GTS P location: [Location <DiamondCityDugoutInnLocation (0000395C)>] WS-owned False
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:40AM] GTS P bed owned by faction None
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:43AM] GTS S rh with player bound detected False
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:43AM] GTS S Playerclone found = [Actor < (FF0014AA)>]
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:44AM] GTS B GTB_Quest_Init, Playerclone = [Actor < (FF0014AA)>]
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:44AM] GTS B Start Ph1_AnimationSleep
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:44AM] GTS Begin Bed Package
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:44AM] GTS B Phase1 Endfragment executed
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:45AM] GTS B Clonevisibles start
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:46AM] GTS B Clonevisibles end
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:46AM] GTS B unpleasant event possible
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:46AM] GTS B Start Phase2_AnimationSleep None
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:49AM] error: Cannot check worn items against a None keyword
stack:
        [ (00000014)].Actor.WornHasKeyword() - "<native>" Line ?
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnArousalTick() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 1133
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnTick() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 576
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnTimerGameTime() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 214
stack:
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnArousalTick() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 1133
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnTick() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 576
        [FPA_Main (3F000F99)].fpa:fpa_main.OnTimerGameTime() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPA\FPA_Main.psc" Line 214
stack:
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:49AM] FPA: New self esteem value: 100.000000
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:59AM] GTS B phase2 finished
[11/07/2023 - 01:42:59AM] GTS B begin PlayerlyinginBedState old: Phase2_AnimationSleep
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:26AM] error: Cannot check worn items against a None keyword
stack:
        [FPSH_Player (60000F99)].FPSH:FPSH_RestraintHelper.IsPlayerWearingRestraints() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPSH\FPSH_RestraintHelper.psc" Line 750
        [FPSH_Player (60000F99)].FPSH:FPSH_RestraintHelper.GetVulnerabilityFromDD() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPSH\FPSH_RestraintHelper.psc" Line 64
        [FPSH_Player (60000F99)].FPSH:FPSH_Main.OnTick() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPSH\FPSH_Main.psc" Line 400
        [FPSH_Player (60000F99)].FPSH:FPSH_Main.OnTimerGameTime() - "C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Temp\PapyrusTemp\FPSH\FPSH_Main.psc" Line 309
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:33AM] GtS U CurrUEChance = 5
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:33AM] GTS B end PlayerlyinginBedState New: SleepMenuState
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:33AM] GTS B Heading Angle 4.022790
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:33AM] GTS B start wait load 3d
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:35AM] GTS B end wait load 3d
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:38AM] GTS B Triggerreferenz [ObjectReference < (FF0013D1)>]
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:44AM] GTS B SleepStart detected
[11/07/2023 - 01:43:50AM] GTS B onmenuopenclose event SleepWaitMenu

Basically, I am trying to figure out what Pl_Ref in GTS_BedCtrlQuestScript would have been  here, because it does not seem to be the right bed...

To avoid loading a saved game with throws the player immediately again into an unpleasant event i have already removed the saving feature from thes script,

please update your version and add the mod for survival if not yet done.

The keyword problematic shown in your papyrus log, I have in my papyrus log too. Not with FPA or FPSH (I had not installed) instead on AAF framework, but for now I had no idea

where to find the underlying problematici, since as in your log file my mod itself does not show any papyrus errors.

Maybe I should activate the missing RaiderPet to see if it makes a difference. - In my load order it is also not available at the moment.

Freezing the player I experienced also one times through my tests, I've tried to use 'Reset to stand' but i myself would not recommend continue playing at this point.

The 5 hours problem instead of 8 hours I can fix.

Now I've tested with Raider pet, the keyword problem still was there.

With the base chance set to 0, unpleasant should't trigger anymore and the night time +5% chance shouldnt matter. Must have a look at it.

You can try to set all unpleasant partial chances in the GTS_unpleasnt.ini to 0.0 or simply place the responsible line into a comment, after that rebuild the list in MCM.

Something I forgot to mention. Some settings are latched when the quest for making things more consistent this also belongs to the decision if unpleasnt events are enabled or not. Setting the value to zero while the player is already in bed will completely disable the feature only on next start .

Edited by Kanlaon
On 11/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, Kalamaki22 said:

Hi

Well good news I think.  I disabled your mod as I wanted to finish a quest.  Then activated it and disabled devious devices (plus FG BS; Roog MCM and bench unlocker) and that fixed nearly all the issues.  No mask etc. on a restart, set unpleasant to 1%, nothing bad happend and so on.  So it is a conflict with DD somehow.

Still having to block my bed/my lady killer, which is a shame.  If it helps these are the 2 mods on nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7399

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7400

And haven't tested what happens when you get an unpleasant result with the lack of mask in Bound in Public or the items being fitted before violate, but I would think Violate won't be a problem as those were DD devices.  I let you know when the PC finds out more.

One thing I should ment. The first thing I did when adding mods to my game is to learn the usage of XEDIT. This makes it possible for me to change some simple things in already existing mods and this can also be helpful for the problems with the Lady killer bed. Open the Ladykiller mod with Xedit, look for a functional workshop bed in the furniture section of the base game and make screenshots with all settings. After that open the furniture section and make a change of a setting that could be the reason. Than try out ingame if it does the trick, if not keep the change or roll back. XEdit creates backups automatically.

This of coarse can take some time.

@sen4mi

I've now tried reloading from my last CleanSave and still have the keyword errors in the Papyrus log.

Maybe my AAF installation is broken somewhere.

There are erection problems for men and strapon problems for women from time to time anyway, but I have put a solution/ or fix on hold for now.

All I know is that I didn't have the keyword errors some times before, but unfortunately I didn't pay close attention to when or what they started with.

Maybe you can start from a save without Go to Sleep installed to see if the Kewqord problems with FPA and FPSH persist.

Regarding the SaveGame problems, I'll try to see if the OnplayerEvent can be used differently than for the usual refresh. (low priority)

No one to surrender: I do not know if I ever had visited Grandchester mansion, If there is only one Raider/Gunner and this NPC walk away, I guess it could easily happen.

AAF violate lets you only surrender if it can find a hostile NPC. At the moment there is no possibility to handover a reference collection to the checkrace function in AAF violate until   @EgoBallistic wants to make something like this. All my attempts to hook into FPV_OnHit or the EnemyScan Quest using a patch do not have success until now.

Now its time for a break ?

8 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

To avoid loading a saved game with throws the player immediately again into an unpleasant event i have already removed the saving feature from thes script,

please update your version and add the mod for survival if not yet done.

I am using version 1.01 of Go to Sleep, and the game I was reporting on was started afresh with that version.

I will figure out how to cope with any issues, for now (or stop playing, if they get to be too bad - but I will also report on any new problems which I observe - or, I will try to (I have seen some "camera gets locked in position" issues which I am not sure how to adequately describe).

For the record, here's my "shit happens" chances:

Sum of all: 95

Bound in Public: 20

AAF Violate-Kidnapped: 60

RSE Csa Abduction: 15

3 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

Now its time for a break ?

It's strangely appropriate that we also get some sleep!

3 minutes ago, sen4mi said:

I am using version 1.01 of Go to Sleep, and the game I was reporting on was started afresh with that version.

I will figure out how to cope with any issues, for now (or stop playing, if they get to be too bad - but I will also report on any new problems which I observe - or, I will try to (I have seen some "camera gets locked in position" issues which I am not sure how to adequately describe).

For the record, here's my "shit happens" chances:

Sum of all: 95

Bound in Public: 20

AAF Violate-Kidnapped: 60

RSE Csa Abduction: 15

It's strangely appropriate that we also get some sleep!

What I mean was the base chance for the unpleasant event available in the MCM.

At the moment I am working to get rid off the problem with the dirty mattrace and give Users playing in Survival mode the chance to use the simplified version normally

only available when the Game does not make an automatic game save. If you switch back to normal playthrough (Unlimited survival mode required !) and deactivate Automatic saving for  beds you will see a difference. Disadvantage of this feature is: All Save automatically generated from the engine when sleeps ends now will have a black thumbnail.

4 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

What I mean was the base chance for the unpleasant event available in the MCM.

At the moment I am working to get rid off the problem with the dirty mattrace and give Users playing in Survival mode the chance to use the simplified version normally

only available when the Game does not make an automatic game save. If you switch back to normal playthrough (Unlimited survival mode required !) and deactivate Automatic saving for  beds you will see a difference. Disadvantage of this feature is: All Save automatically generated from the engine when sleeps ends now will have a black thumbnail.

Progress!

(I think we all understand that it's not possible to solve all problems at once. Though we do hope to eventually be seeing someone solving some of the lesser problems, also.)

10 hours ago, Tarango said:

Do we see the player actually going to sleep? It is smt that is missing from go to bed (skyrim got it right) and if so, i'll wait for a more stable release and will dl it asap. :)

In the current alpha we do see the player lying down on the bed and "going to sleep" but then it gets rough, and the actual sleeping implementation needs some work.

(Edit: I am tempted to try my own hand at making it work, but my work would conflict with the mod author's work - I think I would be inclined to extend or completely replace the base game's Hardcore:HC_ManagerScript - so.... maybe it's better if I do not interfere?)

(Further edit: I am running into an issue where - after an unpleasant event that was almost certainly a violate surrender and also where I played through the event on a fresh game load - when I load subsequent saves of that game, my character tries to surrender maybe 10? seconds after starting the game (and succeeds if there's anyone nearby to surrender to). Disabling AAF Violate's player surrender options has not yet stopped this.)

Edited by sen4mi
17 hours ago, sen4mi said:

In the current alpha we do see the player lying down on the bed and "going to sleep" but then it gets rough, and the actual sleeping implementation needs some work.

(Edit: I am tempted to try my own hand at making it work, but my work would conflict with the mod author's work - I think I would be inclined to extend or completely replace the base game's Hardcore:HC_ManagerScript - so.... maybe it's better if I do not interfere?)

(Further edit: I am running into an issue where - after an unpleasant event that was almost certainly a violate surrender and also where I played through the event on a fresh game load - when I load subsequent saves of that game, my character tries to surrender maybe 10? seconds after starting the game (and succeeds if there's anyone nearby to surrender to). Disabling AAF Violate's player surrender options has not yet stopped this.)

Often other people can do things that I can't do myself and probably won't learn anymore.

So if you think you can find the solution in the HC scripts, ok. In any case, I don't believe it, because these scripts all use normal papyrus and there is no call for a requestsave found in them (searched with grepwin).

In any case, you can make your own version or I can also place your improvements in my version if you have found something.

As for the problem with AAF Violate, I only have one idea to check.

All unpleasant events are monitored and triggered with a spell (ability) and in case from AAF Violate, this ability can remain active for 1 to 2 minutes, before the inal ResumeEvent is recognized at the end. It may possible be that the magic effect of the spell is restarted after a game load, in which case a separate quest for monitoring is probably the better choice.

The description in the CK, especially for Fallout 4, is often sparse and you just have to try out many things. (I looked some things up in Skyrim, which usually has a more detailed description)

I have looked into my script and there was already the following log:

GTS_UepCtrl_KN_Script started

Could you please check if this entry is found in your log file ?

Edited by Kanlaon

Skyrim(!) description says:
If a magic effect is on an ability given to an actor, changing the actor's race will cause the effect to be re-applied, and this event is called again.
This happened to me already in game after entering the power armor, but i was not aware about the reason.

8 hours ago, Kanlaon said:

So if you think you can find the solution in the HC scripts, ok. In any case, I don't believe it, because these scripts all use normal papyrus and there is no call for a requestsave found in them (searched with grepwin).

In any case, you can make your own version or I can also place your improvements in my version if you have found something.

As for the problem with AAF Violate, I only have one idea to check.

All unpleasant events are monitored and triggered with a spell (ability) and in case from AAF Violate, this ability can remain active for 1 to 2 minutes, before the inal ResumeEvent is recognized at the end. It may possible be that the magic effect of the spell is restarted after a game load, in which case a separate quest for monitoring is probably the better choice.

The description in the CK, especially for Fallout 4, is often sparse and you just have to try out many things. (I looked some things up in Skyrim, which usually has a more detailed description)

I have looked into my script and there was already the following log:

GTS_UepCtrl_KN_Script started

Could you please check if this entry is found in your log file ?

This part of the save issue is a strange one, and one which I had not been aware of. (But I think it would be Game.RequestAutoSave() which is missing.. though of course Game.RequestSave() is also absent.)

I guess I would have to experiment to see if I can understand how to make sure saves behave right. Though I imagine I would spend most of my time tripping over other issues. Maybe I can get something working though eventually?

(EDIT: But if I build a "simulated sleep" which does not make autosave happen, that solves the "duplicated saves" problem, yes? So autosave could be triggered immediately when the player first hits E - before deciding whether to go to sleep or to get back up again.)

Anyways... 

You are right that GTS_UepCtrl_KN_Script started is near the start of each of my papyrus.X.log files (somewhere between line 170 and line 190 of each of them).

Edited by sen4mi
1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

This part of the save issue is a strange one, and one which I had not been aware of. (But I think it would be Game.RequestAutoSave() which is missing.. though of course Game.RequestSave() is also absent.)

I guess I would have to experiment to see if I can understand how to make sure saves behave right. Though I imagine I would spend most of my time tripping over other issues. Maybe I can get something working though eventually?

Anyways... 

You are right that GTS_UepCtrl_KN_Script started is near the start of each of my papyrus.X.log files (somewhere between line 170 and line 190 of each of them).

That will of coarse retrigger the Kidnap scenario ! Anyway it seems to be not the only problem regarding unpleasant events.

Hmm, it seems like in this mod my usual method of blocking multiple calls to a function by simply using different versions of this function is a bit critical when it comes to loading a save game. I never had any problems with it before - but it was also Skyrim (!)

In any case, the game loads a function from the save instead of using the current one (?) that was shown in my logfile

[11/09/2023 - 05:47:45PM] warning: Function gts:gts_bedctrlquestscript..Try_to_Sleep in stack frame 1 in stack 1517289 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save

Whatever that means.

I'm trying to switch to the other method for blocking and use a local bool as a semaphore. Let's see if it works better then. The power armor problem is independent of this and probably requires switching to quest scripts for monitoring the unpleasant events. Let's see.

3 hours ago, bobsandwich said:

What's "Dangerous Sleep" and "Kidnap"? I want to try em out!

Dangerous sleep is not implemented, It should use "Dangerous nights" and GTS already detect this mod, but Dangerous night is not really compatibel and

does things only a long time after the player already has left the bed. Nothing for my flavour, so if something will be realized, than NOT with Dangerous nights.

Kidnap is a scenario, where raiders kidnap the player and has some fun, this uses AAF Violate.

Anyway at the moment I recommend not to aktivate the unpleasant events, there are still enough problems with what is already realized.

2 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I had not.

https://github.com/Dracotorre/SleepIntimateV2

(But it's a holotape configure mod - I don't like those and try to avoid them in my gameplay. But I guess it's worth studying for useful tips.)

When I remember right, I have taken a short look inside and took the idea for the special camera view from there and realisations from custom camera.

(Without camera changing the mod does not really work, since Vanilla default makes a terrible perspective)

I remember that there is no walking to bed animation and no laying down animation instead the player simply jumps into the bed.

Regarding the vanilla sleep menu I had forgotten what happened, maybe it is done like in the other mod "See you sleep". Here the handling is

very simple, the player looks onto the bed and is able to open the vanilla sleepmenu as usual. After the menu is closed the player is move

into the bed. The moveto trick I do not know before but it is mentioned in the CK. Anyway Moveto does not always work and also snapinto

doesnt work always too.

On the Nexus meanwhile there are additional F4SE papyrus extenders available - Guarden of Eden and Lighthouse, both adding a ton of new

functions. And one of them also contains an Moveto alternative (Not yet tried it out)

Nevertheless if it is not necessary or give an advantage I  do not use additional papyrus extenders.

11 hours ago, BHAitken said:

Have you looked at the mod "Sleep Intimate"?  

When I remember ok, I did it before creating my own mod. "Sleep intimate" contains a lot of features, but what I really want to have - the 2 animations - seems not to be there.

Thats why I do not use it.

Sleep together anywhere had a lay down option, but only for the bed from this mod itself (and no walking phase). And the Vanilla sleep menue does not open, instead a terrible fake, which I do not like also. (I thought I could find there a solution for the problems in my own mod)

I did not see how the lay down is done, maybe with an easier solution - playidle or something similar. But regarding the Vanilla sleep menu the author seems to have the same problams as me.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, Kanlaon said:

At the moment there is no possibility to handover a reference collection to the checkrace function in AAF violate until   @EgoBallistic wants to make something like this. All my attempts to hook into FPV_OnHit or the EnemyScan Quest using a patch do not have success until now.

If that would be useful to you I would be happy to add these functions to Violate.  I can make a function that will accept an Actor, a RefCollectionAlias, or an array of Actor, and then do the checkRace stuff as if you were trying to surrender to them.  Let me know if you need anything else / more specific / etc.

On 11/9/2023 at 12:26 PM, Kanlaon said:

I'm trying to switch to the other method for blocking and use a local bool as a semaphore. Let's see if it works better then. The power armor problem is independent of this and probably requires switching to quest scripts for monitoring the unpleasant events. Let's see.

I use that pattern in a several mods, notably in Violate.  It looks like this:

Bool Semaphore = False

Function CriticalSection()
	While (Semaphore)
		Utility.Wait(0.1)
	EndWhile
	Semaphore = true
	; function code
	Semaphore = false
	Return
EndFunction

Just make sure you don't return out of the function without first setting Semaphore to false!

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

If that would be useful to you I would be happy to add these functions to Violate.  I can make a function that will accept an Actor, a RefCollectionAlias, or an array of Actor, and then do the checkRace stuff as if you were trying to surrender to them.  Let me know if you need anything else / more specific / etc.

I use that pattern in a several mods, notably in Violate.  It looks like this:

Bool Semaphore = False

Function CriticalSection()
	While (Semaphore)
		Utility.Wait(0.1)
	EndWhile
	Semaphore = true
	; function code
	Semaphore = false
	Return
EndFunction

Just make sure you don't return out of the function without first setting Semaphore to false!

That's really great, that you want to help me and do this.

I haven't yet thought about what exactly the parameters should look like. But with this AAF Violate can become one universally applicable mod that can be used for a sex orgy, like "Wappys Lovers rapers" in Oblivion.

Another event that is triggered when the outcome starts would certainly be useful in many cases, because then the original parameters can be restored much earlier and are also available again in the period from the outcome event to the resume event.?

By the way, my solution for the critical section looks almost exactly like your suggestion, except that I can throw away all calls except the first one and therefore don't need to wait.

:) I've tested it and it seem to block only when necessary.

Regards

The 1.02 alpha go to sleep lets me sleep 8 hours on a mattress in survival mode. 

Edit: Also, when kidnapped, GTS should log which form of kidnapping it deployed. This will be incredibly useful for tracking down problems in the various kidnap mods (like being sent to Dunwich Borers after it was cleared, and being informed that the one remaining live turret could not kidnap me).

Edited by sen4mi
add a suggestion that's not worth making a whole new post for
  • 4 weeks later...