[Wip] Dhaerrow - Traitor Of The Underdark

James Bond

• 2 weeks later...

Other than playing around with the sunlight glare, I haven't done much lately.  The Steam Summer Sale gave me more games to play than time.  While fiddling around on Steam, I also noticed that I've logged 711 hours on the creation kit!  Since that's about 3 times more than I've played Skyrim (most of which has been just bug testing my mod), I have to question if this mod is worth the hassle.  To mix up the modding mayhem, I decided to actually play some Skyrim with the intent of enjoying the game and not testing stuff.

Update: Anyways, there are now 10 levels of sunlight glare intensity.  Every few minutes the game checks to see if you're in daylight (menu time doesn't count).  If you are in the sunlight, then you get a point towards your eye's adjusting to the light.  After so many points, when you exist from an interior cell, the sunlight will be one level less bright.  The amount of points earned each time one is found in the light can be set via a variable.  If I ever learn to make an MCM, then the end user will be able to crank up how fast their eye's adjust to the surface world, or I might just make an option to disable the sunlight glare altogether.

As a teaser, I've attached a picture of my character.  Everyone seems to be watching me suspiciously.  I might have to slit their throats while they sleep. 

• 5 months later...

I got a new job about six months ago and have been way to busy to continue working on this mod; however, things are starting to settle down and I'm a sucker to try out Perkus Maximus, so I plan to begin accessing where I left off and what I wanted to finish. 

Anyways, I got Perkus Maximus working yesterday and snapped a few comparison screen shots to show off the difference between a hallway under normal lighting versus the same hallway when using the power "Infravision," 

EDIT: err... I'm getting a "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to finish this mod... or at least get to a point where I can release it.  I just got an external hard drive, so now I'm ready to try out modifying some of those harder parts of the mod, which I was previously to afraid to screw with before having everything backed up.

This is a very ambitious and extremely interesting project. I don't know a thing about modding skyrim. I have tinkered with the creation kit a few times but nothing ever came of it....this makes me want to try again just to help you. I love this idea and would very much like to see it finished with a drow race, underdark and quests for both drow and other races maybe a drow companion too. I would love to help out and am willing to try and help you but as I said I'm very new to modding skyrim so it will likely be a slow thing on my end. Still if you want help let me know. I can try and work on whatever you need done at the moment. Whether I help or not I still wish you luck on finishing this!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE3E7CC13B95E5AB6

here watch this tutorial, it helped me out aswell.

Also if you have made a esp and you load it back, you need to click on it and then 'set as active' instead of double clikcing,

he does explan this but like in episode 3,4 or 5. 

Its quite easy if you know some basic steps.

You are free to ask me questions in pm if you don't know something and will try to help.

I can't help this, I am just very helpful to everybody.

• 2 months later...

I'm back to work on this mod.  I'm currently updating the mod to use citrus dark elf heads.  I've duplicated the head .nif files and gave them unique save locations in my mod, so that I could use nifscope to remap the head textures to my races textures.  Nobody wants a tan drow! :D

My current problem is getting the extra race menu sliders to work properly.  Oddly, everything but the sliders will work without the citrushead.esp.  Even more odd is that I can delete everything out of both citrus mod and delete all of the citrus mod's file edits in the .esp and yet having that empty shell of an esp file still makes my blasted sliders work!  Arrrggggg!

• 8 months later...

So my PC crashed many months ago and I lost a lot of work on the mod.  Having now built a new smoking hot computer, I've caught back up and just finished up getting the special sliders working with the newly implemented citrus heads.  Additionally, the males are now rocking a body builder SOS body as their default body and they start with an "inert/floppy" SOS dick.  Installing SOS and using the MCM to add functionally, appears to work fine with the body.  The spell makes the dick hard.  I don't use any sex mods, so someone else will eventually have to let me know if it works in game.  On a side note, the females boobs have HDT physics.

Unfortunately, the one file I never recovered was my credits list, which also noted my skill power level up formulas.  My big concern is that I don't have a clue as to whom I've already contacted for permissions and also don't even remember what other mods I've utilized in making this race.  :(

I'm not sure where to focus my efforts now.  I was use using some unnecessary spell effects to determine when various stuff was triggering, so I guess I would start by cleaning those up.

Archived