Jump to content

Will the physics of a clothing item go bonkers if I change it to a heavy armor piece? (a robe-> heavy cuirass)


Recommended Posts

Posted

In oblivion there is this famous glitch with paintbrush and how havoc system handles items with certain weights and their models.

Does that happen at all in Skyrim? Are heavy armor status irrelevant to its behaviour in the physics engine?

Posted (edited)

Generally speaking, outside the case @traison suggested, where you've purposely configured CBPC to be armor specifically reactive, and while I can't speak as an authority on the code, nor, if there have been changes in AE vs SE that might have included some new response along those lines by default,  but experientially, as a 1.5.97 player, no armors I've converted have gone bonkers from class conversion, whether from heavy to light or heavy to clothes, or any other possible class conversions. All I change (used to be lazy tools, now using proteus) is their armor type, not their weight, so, at least for me, in my game, in my experience playing, the weight would be the only consideration, although  tbh, I've never noticed a difference in how an armor bounces as it's weight is increased (makes sense just haven't noticed it). The main thing that makes a difference for me is the controller response values (firm, floppy, etc) that I've configured in CBPC's addon Sinful CBP, or via direct edits of the various .txt config files it uses.

 

Edited by anjenthedog
typo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...